You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jupp Heynckes [Josef Heynckes]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Jupp Heynckes [Josef Heynckes]

Postby quaazi » Sun May 20, 2012 8:07 am

No, what he should've done was to sub out Kroos if he wanted to shore up the defense. You don't sub out your one attacking player who's actually scored. Of course Kroos is Jupp's boy, so that would never have happened.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Sun May 20, 2012 8:09 am

quaazi wrote:No, what he should've done was to sub out Kroos if he wanted to shore up the defense. You don't sub out your one attacking player who's actually scored. Of course Kroos is Jupp's boy, so that would never have happened.

It was fair. The plan was to play our standard formation, with Tymo as DM and Schweini and Kroos in midfield. Kroos can defend better than Mueller. And we needed to defend.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sun May 20, 2012 8:20 am

Why did we need to defend? How had Chelsea threatened us? Müller is by far a better header than Kroos, and set pieces were the only thing Chelsea had any hope from.

Besides, what has our standard formation given us in our deciding matches?
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Sun May 20, 2012 8:27 am

quaazi wrote:and set pieces were the only thing Chelsea had any hope from

Yeah, how many corners did Chelsea have before that one? It seemed more likely that they would try to score from open play, to be honest.

Heynckes was unlucky with his decision, but it's all too easy to point at him afterwards. At the time, it seemed like one of the most sensible things to do, other than take out Gomez/Robben instead.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sun May 20, 2012 8:39 am

It did not seem more likely that they would score from open play. It did not seem likely that they would score at all in fact. What seemed likely was us scoring another one.

We had the initiative and we gave it away. Our defense was working fine and didn't even need to be tampered with. Especially the back-four, for ****'s sake. Bring in Olic for Gomez to run around aimlessly or something, but don't change the back four.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 20, 2012 10:39 am

MUTU wrote:Don't point the finger at Heynckes. He organised a makeshift defence that allowed Chelsea just two chances in 120 minutes and created multiple chances. It really wasn't his fault that the players choked when faced with clear opportunities. In fact, he should be honoured for taking us so far.

This is why I don't mind it if he stays, but without a doubt we need someone who knows how to play with more than just one kind of tactics. Otherwise we are going to keep struggling against teams like Napoli, Gladbach and Chelsea and we are going to remain second-best to Dortmund in Germany.

Maybe if Heynckes has a wider choice (as I am sure he will have next season), he will try different things more often.

Regarding Muller's sub, imo it meant subbing out one of the best players of the night for a player who hasn't played with the senior team for months. Like quaazi, I see no reason why we had to switch to a more defensive formation when we could have gone "Chelsea" on them and parked the bus for the last 7 minutes. It was also a risk because we had no guarantee that we will be any better defensively with DVB on the pitch. Up until that point Chelsea had only had one attempt in the first half, and we know that DVB can prove to be a liability. My biggest fear was that Drogba or Torres would pull a "Milito" on us in the last 5 minutes the moment I saw DVB come on.

I also can't help thinking that Heynckes thought we had already won (well so did I) and wanted to sub Muller so that he gets a standing ovation.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Sun May 20, 2012 12:17 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:This is why I don't mind it if he stays, but without a doubt we need someone who knows how to play with more than just one kind of tactics.

This is why I struggle with Jupp sometimes. But like you also alluded to, I think he's forced this way with having such a weak bench. He has no faith in the bench.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun May 20, 2012 1:40 pm

I cant really blame Jupp for this loss except for taking out Muller he should have taken out Kroos instead....but he could reallly make any real tactical change there was no one on the bench he could say that wud change the tempo of this game no coach could!!!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCB general » Sun May 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I cant really blame Jupp for this loss except for taking out Muller he should have taken out Kroos instead....but he could reallly make any real tactical change there was no one on the bench he could say that wud change the tempo of this game no coach could!!!

I agree with you. In that situation we really missed players like Alaba, Gustavo and Badstuber to do the right things.

We have to accept this what happened last night. 3 defeats in one night(90 mintues, Robben's fail to score, PK crimi)...

Ohhhh my God... Still incomprehensible. :roll:

Maybe even worse than 1999. and ManU, that was a heart attack in 2 minutes, but last night was torture from 1st till 130-140 minute. :eh:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby dambun » Sun May 20, 2012 7:47 pm

MUTU wrote:
quaazi wrote:No, what he should've done was to sub out Kroos if he wanted to shore up the defense. You don't sub out your one attacking player who's actually scored. Of course Kroos is Jupp's boy, so that would never have happened.

It was fair. The plan was to play our standard formation, with Tymo as DM and Schweini and Kroos in midfield. Kroos can defend better than Mueller. And we needed to defend.

True...

He should have kept Kroos... But he should have taken Gomez out instead of Mueller...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:16 pm

Defence is now his priority hopefully....its been a problem at Bayern since they sold Lucio

http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3292163

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BayernLove » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:05 pm

We're becoming the new Arsenal :( :( :( :( :(
Lucio: Leaves Bayern, wins trophy.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCB general » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:16 pm

BayernLove wrote:We're becoming the new Arsenal :( :( :( :( :(
Lucio: Leaves Bayern, wins trophy.

Real season hasn't started yet and I can see some people are very skeptic. Come on, cheer up people! We are taking this season at least Bundesliga(sorry for off-topic).
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby BayernLove » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:26 pm

I've lost hope for the POKAL.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:43 am

Jupp plz win Bayern a UCL trophy b4 u go.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion