You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julio dos Santos [Julio Daniel dos Santos Rodríguez]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Julio dos Santos [Julio Daniel dos Santos Rodríguez]

Postby tracylynn » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:12 am

I'm not really sure if this is where this should go so if it needs to be moved then please move it.

Anyway, it's being reported on GOLTV.TV that Bayern is willing to loan out Julio Dos Santos during the winter break. Rummenigge said that it does not make any sense for him to be with them, therefore they are considering loaning him out. During the summer, two German clubs and two Spanish clubs made enquiries about getting him.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:51 pm

he will be loan to other team this winter break :)
http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=all&a=24234
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby podolski4life » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:08 pm

Good move by Bayern. Dos Santos can get some match experience instead of sitting on the bench.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:19 am

For once Rummenigge is acting wise...:P...
good move....
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby frankie13 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:35 pm

what the hell did we buy this bloke for i dont think he is good enough for bayern
get elber back
frankie13
Getting the hang of it

Postby podolski4life » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:33 am

frankie13 wrote:what the hell did we buy this bloke for i dont think he is good enough for bayern
get elber back

Elber is retiring this weekend because of his father's death and him not fully recovering from his surgery.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fa » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:13 pm

I often ask myself the same question: Why on earth did we buy Dos Santos? In my opinion Bayern sometimes buys too much players from especially south america who played well in their native country, who do not fit in our style of playing.. for instance Santa Cruz, who I think hasnt proved his worth yet. Same goes for Karimi.

So maybe it would be wise to loan him out, preferable to a Bundesliga team, so he can play and develop.. i hope he can get the level of for instance Diego, but i really doubt it.
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:24 pm

fa wrote:I often ask myself the same question: Why on earth did we buy Dos Santos? In my opinion Bayern sometimes buys too much players from especially south america who played well in their native country, who do not fit in our style of playing.. for instance Santa Cruz, who I think hasnt proved his worth yet. Same goes for Karimi.

So maybe it would be wise to loan him out, preferable to a Bundesliga team, so he can play and develop.. i hope he can get the level of for instance Diego, but i really doubt it.

It's related to our transfer policy. Not spending big amounts on brazilian/argentinian wonderkids when compared to other big clubs like REAL/MILAN.
I think what we try to do is identify some decent players from south america and gamble on them.
Sometimes it pays off(ex: micho)...sometimes it doesn't(ex: Dos Santos).
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:49 pm

Yeah, a bit of luck is involved here, and that's why the Bayern club doesn't take big risks. They're more careful about splashing out the cash. You have to be, when you have no sugar daddy covering up your mistakes with one signature on a nice fat cheque ;)
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fa » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:03 pm

I would have preferred to buy Agüero (now playing at Athletico Madrid) instead of Dos Santos.. I know he didnt came cheap but he's considered to be on the same level as Messi. But as mentioned before its against our policy to spend almost 20 million for a young player.

Anyhow, Dos Santos got some potential but needs to get more games which he ll probably not get at bayern, especially not now Deisler is back
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:13 pm

The problem with Sergio Agüero is that probably he'd have preferred to go to Spain, anyway. Dos Santos cost a tenth of his price. Perhaps we need to risk a bit more.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tracylynn » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:17 pm

I just read on Eurosport.com that Dos Santos will be going to Wolfsburg after all the details have been worked out.

Sorry, I dont have a link yet but that's because everytime I click on the article it keeps going back to a Ashley Cole article.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby diegis » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:57 am

tracylynn wrote:I just read on Eurosport.com that Dos Santos will be going to Wolfsburg after all the details have been worked out.

Sorry, I dont have a link yet but that's because everytime I click on the article it keeps going back to a Ashley Cole article.

here u go:
http://www.eurosport.com/football/bundesliga/2006-2007/sport_sto1027219.shtml :lol:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby fa » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:05 pm

yep, on the bayern website Dos Santos says himself that he ll probably go to Wolfsburg to gain match rythm and exp.

He already agreed terms with them, Wolfsburg are even willing to pay his whole paycheck but there ll be no buy option at the end of the season..

Good luck Julio!!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:20 pm

That sounds good. Is there a clause that allows us to call him back from loan whenever we'd want to? That would be useful in case of severe injury problems.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion