You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Green

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Julian Green

Postby FCBuyern » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:34 pm

MUTU wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
Their rumors that Hamburg SV could be looking into a loan move for Green [source]

I'm torn between wanting this and not wanting it. The kid's really good and he needs to play first team action in the Bundesliga, but at the same time we're missing depth in attack.

Lol what i would say we have more depth in attack than last year with gotze alone.our defensive game on the other side with the departure and decline of tymo,gustavo,kirchoff,baddy,van buyten lools more fragile.I would let green on a loan but only if is a guaranteed starter or close to it.
FCBuyern
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:37 pm

FCBuyern wrote:I would let green on a loan but only if is a guaranteed starter or close to it.

To be honest, there aren't any big names in attack for Hamburg, so I don't think it would be difficult for him. Their topscorer is Pierre-Michel Lasogga, who is also on loan.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 pm

I agree with MUTU.

Send him next season if Mandzukic stays. He'll get more playing time in the second half of the season if we seal the title early.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:45 pm

He's more an attacking winger than a Mittelsturmer... We should look at HSV's attacking midfielders like Calhanoglou, to have an assessment of whether or not Julian can get some playing time at HSV... not the likes of Lasogga

Personally, I think he should be loaned to a smaller club where he will be given more playing time... I would prefer the likes of Augsburg and Nuernberg...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:08 pm

dambun wrote:He's more an attacking winger than a Mittelsturmer... We should look at HSV's attacking midfielders like Calhanoglou, to have an assessment of whether or not Julian can get some playing time at HSV... not the likes of Lasogga

Personally, I think he should be loaned to a smaller club where he will be given more playing time... I would prefer the likes of Augsburg and Nuernberg...

To be honest he would have a better chance gettin playin time anywhere other than Bayern but i agree clubs like Nurnberg would be a better option
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:39 am

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:36 am

MUTU wrote:Interesting to see the Italian media picking up on Green's promise.

http://www.maidirecalcio.com/2013/12/27 ... diola.html

The report says that he is opting for the German NT after refusing a call by Klinsmann... I don't think it is accurate; isn't it?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:31 pm

I really liked what i saw from him in the friendlies played over the winter break. Their was nothin eye popping but it looks like he can be at least a quality player. Lets hope he can make the next step into a world class one

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:11 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392451903.777649.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:42 am

From ESPN:

But the report [recent Bild article] also said Green "should soon be a U.S. national team player, and is potentially going to the World Cup. That's what Jurgen Klinsmann plans."

However, Julian's father, Jerry Green, said by telephone that his son had told him he was joining up with the U.S. team "just to practice," and made no mention of whether he was committing to the U.S. full-time.

"If Julian had [committed to the U.S.], he would have told me," said Jerry Green.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:19 am

Green's been called up by Klinsmann for the 5th March friendly against Ukraine, to be played in Cyprus. [source]
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:44 am

Actually, he's not called up. [source]
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:27 pm

Green was training with the USMT this week
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394141222.696056.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:57 pm

MUNICH — You never know when you might walk right into a news story.

On Tuesday over lunch at Bayern Munich’s training headquarters, 18-year-old German-American Julian Green was sitting next to me when he found out that Bayern had given him permission to join the U.S. camp for its friendly against Mexico in Glendale, Ariz., on April 2.

U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann had called Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge to ask for the club’s willingness to release Green. The game does not take place on a FIFA international date, so Bayern had to grant Green permission to make the trip.

Green is one of the most promising talents in German soccer, a forward who has risen to Bayern’s first team under manager Pep Guardiola and received his first official action with the first team at the end of a Champions League game against CSKA Moscow in November. His father, Jerry, a former U.S. serviceman, lives in Tampa, Fla., and his mother, Ursula, lives in Germany.

Green participated in the U.S. camp before the team’s recent friendly against Ukraine. As was the case for that game, Green will not be eligible to play for the U.S. against Mexico, but he will be allowed to train with the team.

Green has played for Germany’s youth national teams in official competitions but not for its senior national team. He would have the option of making a one-time switch with FIFA to play for the United States if he so desires.

When asked if there was a possibility that he could choose to play for the U.S. at this year’s World Cup — and be tied to the U.S. for good — Green nodded his head.

“Yes, I think so,” he said. “If I can play a World Cup at 18 years old, it would be great, amazing. But I have to train hard.”

Green said Klinsmann had mentioned the possibility of playing for the U.S. at the World Cup, but the coach has not guaranteed him a spot on the World Cup team if he chooses to wear the Stars & Stripes.

“But the chance is there,” Green said with a smile. “I have to play well, and we will see.” [source]
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby TexasFCB » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:47 pm

As an American

HHOOOOOLLLLLYYYY EEEFFFFF YYYEEEESSSS :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
TexasFCB
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag: