You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Green

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Julian Green

Postby Jorge » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Julian Green is officially a Bayern Munich player! Congrats!!! =D> =D> =D>

4 year deal

auf Deutsch

“I feel honoured by the USA invitation, but it came too early. I have not made my final decision on whether to play for Germany or USA yet. That issue is still not settled.” This explains a lot, since he does not have a chance of going to Brazil 2014 for neither team I do not expect him to make a decision until both Germany and the USA are shaping up for 2018 or he could jump on an invitation for EURO 2016 by Germany (unlikely) or Copa America Centennial Tournament in 2016 (which is going to be a huge tournament) by the USA, a more realistic development but it will depends on a lot of factors as well.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Whether he chooses to play for USA or Germany, the main thing here is that the USA want to call up a player who is currently playing in the fourth tier of German football. Hopefully Bayern II will get promoted this season, but we will have to consider loaning him to a Bundesliga/2. Bundesliga team in 2014/15.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:55 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Whether he chooses to play for USA or Germany, the main thing here is that the USA want to call up a player who is currently playing in the fourth tier of German football. Hopefully Bayern II will get promoted this season, but we will have to consider loaning him to a Bundesliga/2. Bundesliga team in 2014/15.

If he's good enough to earn a professional contract with FC Bayern he'd generally be good to, at very least, be on the bench for a relegation-threatened Bundesliga club. I'd be all for loaning him out to Eintracht Braunschweig in January. These guys have scored only 8 goals so far.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:36 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Whether he chooses to play for USA or Germany, the main thing here is that the USA want to call up a player who is currently playing in the fourth tier of German football. Hopefully Bayern II will get promoted this season, but we will have to consider loaning him to a Bundesliga/2. Bundesliga team in 2014/15.

If he's good enough to earn a professional contract with FC Bayern he'd generally be good to, at very least, be on the bench for a relegation-threatened Bundesliga club. I'd be all for loaning him out to Eintracht Braunschweig in January. These guys have scored only 8 goals so far.

I think if Bayern II get into to the 3.Liga i won mind him playing their for a year. Players like Kroos, Alaba, and Muller thrived and developed well in that league but if a BuLi club is interested in a loan he should take it...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Jorge » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:04 pm

MUTU wrote: If he's good enough to earn a professional contract with FC Bayern he'd generally be good to, at very least, be on the bench for a relegation-threatened Bundesliga club. I'd be all for loaning him out to Eintracht Braunschweig in January. These guys have scored only 8 goals so far.

The same applies to a 2.BL team with promotion aspirations: Koln and Karlsruhe might have a need for his services (we are talking about a winter loan this year); although in the case of a 17 year old sometimes the pressure of being in a relegation zone team or top of promotion can turn against development, so Dusseldorf and Bochum both former BL teams in the middle of the table can be good as well. This is only if there are field opportunities, if it is to be on the bench probably Bayern II is still a better option.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:08 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Whether he chooses to play for USA or Germany, the main thing here is that the USA want to call up a player who is currently playing in the fourth tier of German football.

I do not think the USA is calling him for what he can provide right now. It is more to show him an open door to the "big room" before Germany does.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby vijay92 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:16 pm

The boy needs to be send out on loan next season so he can continue his progress.
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rotweiss » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:26 am

vijay92 wrote:The boy needs to be send out on loan next season so he can continue his progress.

Agree, although the reserve team should be moving up a division at the end of this season if they keep their current pace up. Maybe a loan spell at Hoffenheim would work for him.
rotweiss
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:59 pm

aaaand he's the sixth youngest player ever to play for FCB in the CL...

David Alaba (2010): 17 years, 8 months, 15 days
Berkant Goektan (1998): 17 years, 9 months, 18 days
Roque Santa Cruz (1999): 18 years, 30 days
Samuel Kuffour (1994): 18 years, 1 month, 29 days
Bastian Schweinsteiger (2002): 18 years, 3 months, 12 days
Julian Green (2013): 18 years, 5 months, 21 days
Toni Kroos (2008): 18 years, 10 months, 1 day
Breno (2008): 18 years. 11 months, 17 days
Philipp Lahm (2002): 19 years, 2 days
Thomas Muller (2009): 19 years, 5 months, 27 days
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:08 pm

tflags wrote:aaaand he's the sixth youngest player ever to play for FCB in the CL...

David Alaba (2010): 17 years, 8 months, 15 days
Berkant Goektan (1998): 17 years, 9 months, 18 days
Roque Santa Cruz (1999): 18 years, 30 days
Samuel Kuffour (1994): 18 years, 1 month, 29 days
Bastian Schweinsteiger (2002): 18 years, 3 months, 12 days
Julian Green (2013): 18 years, 5 months, 21 days
Toni Kroos (2008): 18 years, 10 months, 1 day
Breno (2008): 18 years. 11 months, 17 days
Philipp Lahm (2002): 19 years, 2 days
Thomas Muller (2009): 19 years, 5 months, 27 days

Thanks!

To be fair, though, Toni Kroos made his European debut in the UEFA Cup against Red-Star Belgrade in the 81st minute, and provided an assist to Klose and then scored an injury-time winner! He was 17 years, 9 months, 16 days old on that day.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:12 pm

MUTU wrote:To be fair, though, Toni Kroos made his European debut in the UEFA Cup against Red-Star Belgrade in the 81st minute, and provided an assist to Klose and then scored an injury-time winner! He was 17 years, 9 months, 16 days old on that day.

I am so glad we have Alaba. He's like that Morton's steak house slogan: "The end of all discussions."
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:32 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:19 am

Except for Breno, Cruz(kinda) and Goektan all of those players have had very successful careers at Bayern Munich, ive never seen him play but if Sammer gave him a 4 year contract and Pep decided to bring him along an play him he must be something special. Out of all the top teams in the world including Barca, Bayern is probably the best place for a youth player to break into the senior team. With Ribery not getting any younger he could take that position since he is a left footed LW, or maybe he is Pep's future false 9 since he has scored many goals for the reserve team in that position. Another thing that crossed my mind is the amount of American fans that would be brought in if Green did become a success like many of the people on that list. =P~

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:56 am

I made a quick search on this Goktan (never heard of him)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkant_G%C3%B6ktan
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:59 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Bazi wrote:TZ is reporting about a possible loan offensive of Bayern München in January. Players like Höjbjerg or Green could be loaned to 1. FC Nürnberg just like we did with Ekici, Breno and Ottl.

However that would obviously lessen the likelihood of our 2nd team finally making the 3rd league.

Still, it would be great for Höjbjerg to settle down in the Bundesliga sooner rather than later.

Yes please for Hojbjerg, but keep Green here for now.

Why keep Green back but send Hojbjerg? If Sammer and Pep think he is ready to step up then he should go, as much as i want Bayern II to get promoted i think its more important Green plays at the highest level possible.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion