You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jürgen Klinsmann

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Jürgen Klinsmann

Postby tracylynn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:57 am

It has been reported that within the next two weeks the US Soccer Federation(or whatever they're called) will name Klinsmann as the new coach of the US team. It looks like terms are being finalized at the moment.

Sorry, I do not have a link but the reports are out there.

Any thoughts on this piece of news?
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:12 am

Hmm, I thought the new coach would be revealed during one of the US exhibition games next year. A rumor a while back was that Pekerman is supposedly going to be the new coach.

American soccer would really benefit if Klinsi takes over. 1) boosts popularity and awareness 2) US team will get some good coaching 3) US get a real shot at competing with the major football powers
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:22 am

podolski4life wrote:Hmm, I thought the new coach would be revealed during one of the US exhibition games next year. A rumor a while back was that Pekerman is supposedly going to be the new coach.

American soccer would really benefit if Klinsi takes over. 1) boosts popularity and awareness 2) US team will get some good coaching 3) US get a real shot at competing with the major football powers

I heard a long, long time ago that they were going to name the coach by the end of November. I guess they can't read a calendar. :P

There was the rumor that Pekerman was one of the choices along with Klinsmann. However, Pekerman does not speak English and I think that might have been his downfall.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:59 pm

I wish Klinsi had stayed with Germany NT, they could have gone on to such great things. I know Loew was there throughout the WC with him, has been the assisstant for aaages, but I wonder sometimes if he's up to it. He has a real nervous expression on his face a lot.

BUT Klinsi will be fantastic for the US. I really hope they start winning big games and the popularity of soccer is increased over there.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Klinsmann Tipped for Usa Post

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:29 am

Jurgen Klinsmann is on the verge of becoming the new coach of the United States, according to reports.

Foxsports.com has stated that the former Bayern Munich striker will fill the vacancy caused by the departure of Bruce Arena in July within the next two weeks.

A resident of Southern California and married to an American, Klinsmann guided his native Germany to a third-place finish on home soil in the 2006 World Cup.

He had come in for criticism for spending too much time in America prior to the finals and for introducing American-style fitness training and sports psychologists to the team.

However, that talk disappeared after Germany made a stirring run to the semi-finals, where they lost to eventual winners Italy after extra-time.

Arena, the country's most successful national-team coach, did not have his contract renewed after the United States crashed out at the group stage. :mrgreen:

Sporting Life
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:36 am

There's a thread about this in the miscellaneous section of the board.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:06 am

:idea:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:08 am

But was this forum made for the international topics :?:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:17 am

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:But was this forum made for the international topics :?:

This is the Other Matches section, which deals with games other than the Bundesliga. You can talk about the EPL or La Liga, for example, here.
Klinsmann as the new coach of the US deals more with other topics of interests which is the miscellaneous section of the forum.

To be honest, I don't think this section of the forum gets a lot of viewership. Therefore it's easier if the topics are in the appropriate sections.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:34 pm

OK! thanx any way 8)
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:40 pm

Well, things have definitely change within the past few days. Klinsmann has withdrawn from the list of potential coaches for the US. He will not say why he has withdrawn but he told ESPN that he will not take over as the coach for the US team. I'm going to take a guess about why he's not taking over and say it had to do with control. Rumor was that Klinsmann wanted total control over the US team, including youth development, and many said they didn't think Sunlil would give it to him.

So, it looks like Pekerman is the front runner for the job, and I'm sure a lot of folks are disappointed that Klinsmann is not taking over. So many folks wanted him to take over but that's not gonna happen now.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:49 am

Rumor going around is that Bob Bradley of Chivas USA will be the new manager of the US team. However, he is only supposed to be an interim manager and not the permanent one. Of course, the way things are going he might just be the permanent one.

I think I can honestly say that this is an example as to why US soccer is going nowhere....no one even knows what is going on.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:55 pm

Really, Klinsi's pulled out :( oh no. They should give him FULL control, he would probably win them the world cup! That's bad news for them.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: Official gossip news thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:51 pm

BAYERN Munich have got a new coach – but Jurgen Klinsmann needn’t worry.

The German champions, who have kept faith with Klinsmann despite a stuttering start to the season, have taken delivery of a luxury bus, costing around £400,000.

It’s complete with four plasma television screens, DVD players and internet access.

Team manager Uli Hoeness said: “This bus is an important addition when it comes to helping the team to win.

“The more relaxed they are, the better our chances.”
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: What our ex-players do now?

Postby Element » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:21 am

Klinsmann left Munich and Went Back to the USA

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 57622.html
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion