You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jürgen Klinsmann

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Jürgen Klinsmann

Postby tflags » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:32 pm

es_bih wrote:What a good day! Bradley gone, and Klinsman is coach.

A lot of people in Germany would hardly agree with that move...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby KAHN » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:34 pm

I think Bradley did a great job. On the other hand Klinsman is a bad coach with a very bad attitude. That is why I didn't like him as a player and after his episode here as a coach... well you can guess :D
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby es_bih » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:23 am

tflags wrote:
es_bih wrote:What a good day! Bradley gone, and Klinsman is coach.

A lot of people in Germany would hardly agree with that move...

I could give a s--t about that honestly. We are not Germany, and we have a huge imporevment over Bradley.

I honestly thought he did a good job with that team in 2006, too. He has an eye for talent.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AvatarX » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:39 pm

KAHN wrote: That is why I didn't like him as a player and after his episode here as a coach... well you can guess :D

Well, second year of LVG was much worse in terms of matches won, stats etc. so that makes LVG a worse coach?

Also, even though Klinsmann's coach days here weren't that successful, Klinsmann as a player was the best German striker we had after KHR (and almost until now as I rate him better than Klose or Gomez).

Maybe you didn't see him play, but I can assure you that he was one of the greatest German players of all time - the best in the 90's. The only problem was that he never had any good relationship with FCB management - as a player and as a coach. That's why I was surprised when he accepted the coach job with us...

Anyway, I wish him well in his new role.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby KAHN » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 pm

KAHN wrote: That is why I didn't like him as a player and after his episode here as a coach... well you can guess :D

Well, second year of LVG was much worse in terms of matches won, stats etc. so that makes LVG a worse coach?

Also, even though Klinsmann's coach days here weren't that successful, Klinsmann as a player was the best German striker we had after KHR (and almost until now as I rate him better than Klose or Gomez).

Maybe you didn't see him play, but I can assure you that he was one of the greatest German players of all time - the best in the 90's. The only problem was that he never had any good relationship with FCB management - as a player and as a coach. That's why I was surprised when he accepted the coach job with us...

Anyway, I wish him well in his new role.

Do you read before you comment? I watched Klinsmann through his whole career. He was phenomenal player. He is one of the best if not the best ST I had pleasure to watch. But he was always an arrogant jackass. He created bad atmosphere in Bayern and in German NT. He is the reason why Matthäus left the NT for EC in 1996. And he use same arrogant approach as a coach. Loew did tactic for him, he made lot of bad decisions especially resting Swaini in semis against Italy... Yet it didn't stop him from celebrating 3 place. He came here thinking he is not only good enough for Bayern but that he will make revolution with the crap he pick from some mental couch. He fail miserably. And in stead of learning about being better coach he take yet another job to ruin someone else. LVG deserve his arrogance and is one of the best coaches in football history and comparing them is just sacrilege!
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby uzi716 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:40 am

I'm not to excited about Jurgen Klinnsmann, if he flops and gets fired I expect the president of US soccer to go with him as well.

I think Klinnsmann was successful at the 2006 WC because of all his fantastic assistants.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby es_bih » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:20 am

KAHN wrote:I think Bradley did a great job. On the other hand Klinsman is a bad coach with a very bad attitude. That is why I didn't like him as a player and after his episode here as a coach... well you can guess :D

If you think Bradley did a good job, not even a Great, you must have no clue what US Soccer is, and where it is at.

Not only can he not make a good selection, but he doens't get that his "favorite" players he keeps putting in a lineup will not get better simply by him wishing so.

Tactics wise he isn't that good either.

Klinsman knows US soccer, and will make a good impact.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby KAHN » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:43 am

Ok, tell as what Bradley could do and did not? What players would be better? What more could US NT achieved? And the same as we don't know much about US soccer, people in US don't know much about Klinnsmann.
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby es_bih » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:47 pm

KAHN wrote:Ok, tell as what Bradley could do and did not? What players would be better? What more could US NT achieved? And the same as we don't know much about US soccer, people in US don't know much about Klinnsmann.

Play the same players over and over again, when you could use better ones?

When you think Robbie Findley is a good solution on the wings, you should be fired on the spot. When we used other players like Buddle we had better results, and what does your awesomeness do?... he subs back to the same old "favorites."

Michael Bradley is a **** joke, all he does is headbut the ball like its its a backdoor boxing match, and shoot at the net from 40 yards out.

Instead of possesing the ball as a true midfielder that holds and creates....

All these things Bradley can ardress, and should. We lost Subotic because of morons like him... at least Klinsman sees the faults, and knows what needs to be changed... and even if he wasn't a prodigy in Germany NT, as a lot of you say, and it was his "assistants" then I trust he'll be smart enough to find the next Loew to be his assistant.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby es_bih » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:49 pm

Let me not even get started on his lack of charisma... his statuesque demeanor on the sideline itself is an indication of his ineptidtude to manage a NT program. He can't even get player's spirits up, lets not even get started on tactics.... Losing to Mexico is a travesty... you may say he is good at substitutions, but that is because he cant select a winning line-up to save his sorry life.

Next.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby es_bih » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:50 pm

es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby es_bih » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:52 pm

uzi716 wrote:I'm not to excited about Jurgen Klinnsmann, if he flops and gets fired I expect the president of US soccer to go with him as well.

I think Klinnsmann was successful at the 2006 WC because of all his fantastic assistants.

Again, if he was because of his assistants, then I'm sure his hiring procedures have remained the same, and we'll have our own Loew in four years time? Win-Win I guess.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby KAHN » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:16 pm

Subotic would never play for USA! Other then that if you are right then you really needed a new coach. But my opinion is still that Klinsmann is not a good choice for any team.
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby es_bih » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:50 pm

KAHN wrote:Subotic would never play for USA! Other then that if you are right then you really needed a new coach. But my opinion is still that Klinsmann is not a good choice for any team.

Subotic wanted to... the idiotic system of taking in "vets" or whatever you want to call it made them rejecct his bid for 1st team football. And he chose Serbia who told him he'd start.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby KAHN » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 am

I am from Serbia. He sad he was thinking between Serbia and Germany and he was 90% for Serbia and with Serbia having much weaker competition he decided to definitely play for them. He has never considered playing for US.
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion