You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Juan Bernat [Juan Bernat Velasco]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Juan Bernat [Juan Bernat Velasco]

Postby envagyokazapad » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:06 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:Seems to be back to his normal form after a brief excursion to higher levels... :roll: :roll:

Come on man... He was great in his first season. I don't know WTF is wrong with him after the summer, but let's not turn him into our new Xabi...

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I think his shortcomings when playing counter-attacking football were made rather obvious already last season. This season we are playing more on the counter with Costa, so I don't see how we could afford to field a player who stops most of our counters with back passes (especially since he is playing right behind Costa).
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:12 am

He is playing a whole 'nother system this season though. He has difficulty adjusting to Costa's directness ahead of him and Alaba's faux-libero role to his right. Yes, he is not up to par right now, but give the kid time.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:08 pm

It's still very early to call him a flop. Yes, he is not in good shape right now, but he has often showed that he can reach great heights under the right system. He is still young and have enough time to develop a lot further. Maybe he should stay away from the "big" games until he gets back on track, but one also has to mention that he is started against Arsenal because of the on-going injury crisis. Pep didn't count on him much at the beginning of the season when we had a relatively healthy defensive line.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:29 pm

I think Bernat's problem is that Pep is currently asking his FB to play FB/MF hybrids, which does not suit him. Playing overlapping FB doesn't really make sense if your wingers aren't inverted. Bernat is better suited for a Wingback or overlapping FB role. Which uses his pace, dribbling and attacking tendencies.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Bernat's dip in form coincides with the 1st leg against Barcelona. It's like he lost his confidence and never really recovered from that match.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:30 pm

MUTU wrote:Bernat's dip in form coincides with the 1st leg against Barcelona. It's like he lost his confidence and never really recovered from that match.

True...
however I still believe in him...
Maybe he can be trained to be RB as well...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby envagyokazapad » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:04 pm

I see his decision making being too slow to match our faster, more direct play of this year. Whether he'll get used to it or not I'm really not sure to be honest, because I saw the same thing last year, except our game was less direct then, it was less of a problem.

Furthermore, the situation is very different this season with Vidal and Kimmich also in squad - we'll hardly rely on Alaba playing in midfield, so he's purely a LB/CB now. Alaba is such a huge improvement compared to Bernat at the moment, I can't see how Bernat could fit in if _at least_ Martinez is healthy to partner Boa in the middle.

Ideally Bernat will not be seeing any first team football in the big games, which probably doesn't help him mentally either.
The situation with Alaba is similar to the one with Lahm a few years ago, when he brought so much quality, so consistently, that it was really difficult to keep a proper backup for him. That's why I've kind of grown to appreciate Rafinha.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:08 am

MUTU wrote:Bernat's dip in form coincides with the 1st leg against Barcelona. It's like he lost his confidence and never really recovered from that match.

Which is a bit unfortunate I thought because while he did lose the ball for the first goal, he had played relatively well until then despite our kamikaze tactics.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SchwanMunich » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:25 pm

He's a good young player with great potential. Sometimes guy's form will dip a bit especially at his age. I'm confident he'll get it back, hopefully sooner rather than later. Still prefer Alaba at LB but Bernat is a great option to have.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Fernando_Bayern_BR » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:39 pm

The Spanish Braafheid
Ich geb mein Herz für dich... Für Bayern lebe ich... Ich lass dich nie im Stich !
Fernando_Bayern_BR
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:51 am

Fernando_Bayern_BR wrote:The Spanish Braafheid

You are :twisted:
I think we need to be patient with him... Last season he showed us that he is capable... Even Del Bosque saw it and called him for the N.T.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kingbayern » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:15 pm

That harsh dude, really harsh but funny
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby bastos80 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:34 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

You are :twisted:
I think we need to be patient with him... Last season he showed us that he is capable... Even Del Bosque saw it and called him for the N.T.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

What he showed last season is that he is better than what most people expected from him and that was being as good as Rafinha.
Great controll and short passing, but offensively pretty useless.
This season he's been useless offensively and defensively.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:37 pm

He wasn't supposed to get this much playing time with Alaba in our side...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB general » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:41 pm

JANCKER wrote:He wasn't supposed to get this much playing time with Alaba in our side...

Some of us expected him last season as a reservist for Alaba, but he did something quite opposite till now. That's definitely not good.

What I see here - juicy words for Rafinha. That means I see them for our coach, too. If you have a problem with Rafinha, you definitely have a problem with Guardiola, too. I mean, this guy has become something close to integral part of Bayern team. Rafinha didn't play under Jupp as close as under Guardiola over the last 2 seasons and see disappointment.

Well, that's really fascinating when we recall our constant discussions and criticism on Guardiola's approach, playing style, team display on the pitch, etc. Rafinha is also part of this, yes sir! Lahm on CM meant Rafinha on the RB position. Guardiola never had a problem with that, in fact many people didn't because Rafinha was always well-known player to everyone, his qualities and limits. He was consistent and was doing his job consistently good knowing the mentioned qualities and limits. That doesn't mean we had a problem with him, no... We had a problem with Lahm on the CM when all our midfielders were available to cover positions in the midfield but Guardiola opted for Lahm again thereby taking place and minutes for some players or even sending them on loan.
But it wasn't the same story in Bernat's case, just as it wasn't all the time for Black Sheep between January and June.

The guy has been performing weak most of the time, but that doesn't mean he's not a potential, no sir! That means he needs to deserve his place in the Bayern squad and that sometimes must mean that our stubborn coach must adjust his tactics and roles of some of our players. If someone works hard and he is better than some other, he must be rewarded and play while the others must work hard, prove themselves all the time and thereby once again convince the coach for re-changing his own opinion and decisions.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion