You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Joshua Kimmich [Joshua Walter Kimmich]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Joshua Kimmich

Postby tflags » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:25 pm

If they ever legalize the Human Genome Project, I'd say we name him first choice on the list.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 pm

If they make a new Terminator movie, he should be T-1000. But they won't do it because they want T-800 to win.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby walter » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Not even in my wildest dream I would've thought he was going to make me not miss Lahm this quickly. Is it fair to say he is the best RB in the world right now?
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:53 pm

walter wrote:Not even in my wildest dream I would've thought he was going to make me not miss Lahm this quickly. Is it fair to say he is the best RB in the world right now?

Same here, but to be fair I think we value him that way thanks to his offensive contribution rather than his defensive one. His defensive one isn't shabby, but it seems to be he's shining more delivering crosses and scoring goals himself rather than carrying out anywhere as close to the amount of sliding tackles Lahm used to make.

I think he's the best RWB in the world, because that implies offensive abilities. But I wouldn't say he's the best RB which is strictly more defensive.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Don Jupp has to be praised here. The way he makes Kimmich cross well before the end line instead of having to overlap all the way and now that Robben and Rudy are supporting their full backs is harder for teams to both attack and defend equally.

Then there's Kimmich all around coolness and crossing abilities which are driving people nuts.

This is one combination we should see more of this season.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:50 pm

tflags wrote:Don Jupp has to be praised here. The way he makes Kimmich cross well before the end line instead of having to overlap all the way and now that Robben and Rudy are supporting their full backs is harder for teams to both attack and defend equally.

Then there's Kimmich all around coolness and crossing abilities which are driving people nuts.

Can you imagine if we had Kimmich around during peak Robben? That right wing would have been out of this world. Kimmich's crossing and finishing is far better than Lahm's.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:16 pm

For me the best RB is Dani Carvajal as he is great both in both ends. Kimmich still needs to be tested defensively against stronger oposition before we make such a claim.

But he is definitely on the right track. And I feel he will only get better with Jupp :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:35 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:For me the best RB is Dani Carvajal as he is great both in both ends. Kimmich still needs to be tested defensively against stronger oposition before we make such a claim.

But he is definitely on the right track. And I feel he will only get better with Jupp :)

This. But consider his age... I predict he will be better than Lahm at his peak.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:27 pm

If he keeps up his development he might end up being as good as Lahm.

But Lahm not only was a great fullback. What made him special is that he was the best RB and the best LB in the world at some point of his long career. :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:48 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:If he keeps up his development he might end up being as good as Lahm.

But Lahm not only was a great fullback. What made him special is that he was the best RB and the best LB in the world at some point of his long career. :)

Well,it's not so hard to Kimmich to become the best (as you said-if he keeps his development) RB in the World in maybe..let's say 1 year.The fact is,in today's football we dont have really,really good RB's..He's better than Clyne,Azpilicueta,Bellerin,Walker..and if Carvajal is underperforming all year long,i think he's going to pass him at the end of the season.

But just a quick stats check for these two:
Daniel-13 games for Spain- 0 goals;2 assists;
Joshua-24 games for Germany- 3 goals;12 assists;

Daniel as RB - 170 games for Real,4 goals,27 assists;
Joshua as RB - 22 games for Bayern,4 goals,8 assists;

And if we look at the full numbers (not only as RB) Kimmich is way,way more impressive.And he's 3 years younger.

Also,there is one big,big mith about Carvajal's defensive abilities.Just look at the overall defensive stats (tackles won,tackles lost,aerial duels won,total duels,fouls,interceptions,blocks,clearances,defensive errors,errors leading to goal) from the comparison matrix.

For 16/17 season:

For 17/18 this far:

The stats in CL are almost the same.

if I show a useful activity ratio,one would have thought that Kimmich is a number one RB since long time ago,so don't underrate him.He's already a monster.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:45 pm

I'm not a big fan of stats in football other than goals, assists and maybe pre-assists but in any case you forgot to mention that Kimmich plays in Bundesliga while Carvajal plays in La Liga which is far superior at them moment

Carvajal has already performed at the highest level in big games for 3-4 seasons. Kimmich is yet to shine in those games. And I'm not talking about scoring flashy goals or making good crosses. He needs to be there also in defense when we face tougher opposition in the later stages of CL

I'm not saying he won't do it. In fact I'm sure he will become the best RB in the world. But at the moment Carvajal has more experience and has been consistent for 3-4 seasons.

This is Kimmich first season as RB. Just because he plays for Bayern and we see him more often doesn't mean that he's automatically the best.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:15 pm

I can't stand him but I think we ought to give some credit to Dani Alves as well. He has been pretty exceptional past couple seasons IMO.

Still - extending Kimmich's contract should basically be priority #1 right now, as far as team contracts are concerned. His and Coman's, if he keeps it up.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Joshua Kimmich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:30 am

YlonenXabi wrote:If he keeps up his development he might end up being as good as Lahm.

I'm willing to bet Kimmich would do very well at LB. It'd be a different kind of game, probably more goals and less assists, but then so did Lahm play differently.

The only position I wouldn't bet on Kimmich rocking is GK. Then ST. Anywhere in defence or midfield, I'm sure he'll be world class.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:23 am

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:Don Jupp has to be praised here. The way he makes Kimmich cross well before the end line instead of having to overlap all the way and now that Robben and Rudy are supporting their full backs is harder for teams to both attack and defend equally.

Can you imagine if we had Kimmich around during peak Robben? That right wing would have been out of this world. Kimmich's crossing and finishing is far better than Lahm's.
Well, Lahm's crossing was superb actually. His finishing wasn't though. And defensively, Kimmich had to eat a lot of soup to be at Lahm's legendary level.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:29 am

An interview from ESPN with the GOAT.

Joshua Kimmich 'never' thought about Bayern Munich exit in the summer [source]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag: