You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Joshua Kimmich

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Joshua Kimmich

Postby aterford » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:35 am

FCB general wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Can't believe some people thought he would be disgruntled playing RB, this kids attitude is beyond his years!

Still doesn't change the fact he'd become far better midfielder than RB but in the latter position he'll be constant and last longer. We'll see how this all is gonna work with him.

You've got no way of knowing that.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:35 am

aterford wrote:You've got no way of knowing that.

Yes, but people have seen him on CM position and he was really great that everyone agreed he would become a better midfielder than RB. But he can't find a place in midfield so he'll have to satisfy with RB where he'll have to work real hard, especially in 1 on 1 situation, on is positioning and anticipation.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby zozon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:49 am

FCB general wrote:
aterford wrote:You've got no way of knowing that.

Yes, but people have seen him on CM position and he was really great that everyone agreed he would become a better midfielder than RB. But he can't find a place in midfield so he'll have to satisfy with RB where he'll have to work real hard, especially in 1 on 1 situation, on is positioning and anticipation.

He IS a better RB than Lahm ever was in the last 2 seasons. Which speaks a lot, considering Kimmich's lack of playing time at RB, not Lahm's decline.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby Achilles » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:00 pm

prasun77 wrote:The people who have watched lahm inearly days will be able to comment better but I perceive Kimmich is a better player than Lahm was at his age?

Can't tell because of the competition, we weren't a totally world class team like we are in the recent years where we must win every trophy, no room for slip ups, no room for mediocrity, the whole atmosphere was different and much easier for our players than the current one.

Footballing wise I consider Lahm much better tactically than Kimmich(at the same age) but Kimmich "overall" a better offensive RB, he is much more aggressive than Philipp ever was, he has an eye for a goal, he is looking ruthless when he decides to go upfront, more robust, yeah offensively he looks sharper than Lahm at his 22 still though the consistency of Lahm which is legendary and his tactical awareness are much much better than Kimmich at the moment. I believe that Joshua can reach that level in the coming years. He is like a sponge literally, fast learner and very brave.

Yet Lahm tactically at his 20s was just good as his prime years, very intelligent footballer since his first days.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:59 pm

@Achilles post pretty much sums up my feelings about both Lahm and Kimmich. Lahm definitely comes up as the more intelligent player but Kimmich has a more offensive mindset and seems to find himself in good places to bag a goal and also much better in front of goal compared to Lahm. I am very excited to see what type of player Kimmich grows to be....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Hardrade » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:14 pm

Kimmich has a lot of time to gain tactical and positional intelligence. He could prove to be a great threat from behind one day, like Marcelo is for example.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Kimmich performance as right back.

One of the best things could happen for Kimmich in this comming season is to have Willy Sagnol as coach, there is no better coach for right back position than Willy Sagnol, I think Joshua has the chance to develop and make his career with Bayern.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Mavs » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Really excited for Kimmich to be our RB in the long-term.

Guardiola saw something special in him. So does Jogi Loew. He has exactly the right attitude. The ingredients are there - it would be massively disappointing if he doesn't develop into our long-term replacement for Lahm.
Mavs
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:28 pm

To be honest I never thought Bayern would find a sensible RB so quickly, I was worried we would be stuck with players on the level of Contento and Lell like in the past
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby zozon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:To be honest I never thought Bayern would find a sensible RB so quickly, I was worried we would be stuck with players on the level of Contento and Lell like in the past

I dont think Bayern found anything on the RB position so far. Maybe after 1-2 seasons we can conclude they were right, but let's not conclude that our RB position is done and dusted. It could be (I sure hope so), but so far I just wanna see how Kimmich performs as a regular RB in Bayern.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:05 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:To be honest I never thought Bayern would find a sensible RB so quickly, I was worried we would be stuck with players on the level of Contento and Lell like in the past

Lell played good in his first season then the injuries came and destroy his career.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:29 am

Playing like it was a competitive game (against Napoli), Kimmich put in an almost flawless performance at right back. He moved up and down the pitch, providing support to his attacking partner Coman while also giving cover to Süle.

His best, however, came after the match. After the referee blew the whistle for full time, jeers and whistling rang out from the crowd at the Allianz Arena. Kimmich, to his utmost credit, called to the players meandering toward the tunnel and brought them over to salute the fans. It was a big gesture to the Bavarian faithful, and for a player so young, Kimmich’s actions seem incredibly mature.

Couple of my friends called me after the game and told me-"Kimmich is going to be the next Bayern superstar",while i told them-for me he's a superstar now.

I dont care how,and what our board is planning to do,but we should never sell him.Never.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:54 am

He's learned from the very best in Lahm, and he's been an exemplary student. I wouldn't call him a superstar yet and I can't say if he will become one or not, but he's certainly becoming a fan favourite, that much is clear.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Zigehh » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:43 am

Muller tried the same thing after the game vs Liverpool but as far as i saw only managed to get Javi. Other primadonas went straight to the tunnel...
Zigehh
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Slovenia

Postby nm462272 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:40 am

Kimmich had the captain's band yesterday, right? Keep up the good work lad... it may be his after Neuer retires...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion