You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Joshua Kimmich

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Joshua Kimmich

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:26 pm

As soon as Kimmich starts stepping up even more Gaudino can take on the role that Kimmich has so far
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Fernando_Bayern_BR » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:31 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:This Verratti obsession is kinda dumb. Hazzard would be easier to get (especially with the mess Mourinho has in Chelsea right now).

Hazard is also unnecessary and equally hard to get.
Ich geb mein Herz für dich... Für Bayern lebe ich... Ich lass dich nie im Stich !
Fernando_Bayern_BR
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:32 pm

Fernando_Bayern_BR wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:This Verratti obsession is kinda dumb. Hazzard would be easier to get (especially with the mess Mourinho has in Chelsea right now).

Hazard is also unnecessary and equally hard to get.

Agree. Was just pointing out how pointless the whole thing is. Although I would say Hazzard would be somehow easier.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Everybody has their football crush. My sadness is the Kroos fan left us with Toni :(
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Danada19 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:55 pm

I really like what I see in Kimmich and definitely prefer to develop him, but it's foolish to think he can compete against top competition week in and week out at his current age and development. I think it's best to sign Xabi to another contract for a year and allow Kimmich to continue developing under him and then allow him to take over the role in two years time. I'm not sure how good Kimmich is at dropping deep balls in the offensive third like Xabi, but that is the main thing I want to see in the player who replaces Xabi. His long pass ability is a constant threat and allows Coman and Costa to thrive on the wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danada19
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:07 pm

The real question is; why have we brought Kimmich to Bayern if we don't plan the future with him?

It's very simple. We have had a thought in our mind to bring this guy, raise him and form him as a professional player and as a future vital part of FC Bayern.

If it's not about this, then we may say it's about 'destroying' competition and attitude "why would someone else have Kimmich, develop him into fantastic player or maybe world-class material one day, form him as a player, etc. when we can pick him up and then mahhhh... fúck him when he can't produce quality on the pitch, i.e. have an immediate impact on our team and the playing style, he ain't worth Bayern shirt..."

Patience, faith, confidence, even mistakes are part of the long-term vision. Even when Kroos rocked at Leverkusen for one and half season, we saw in 2010/2011 when he came back that there was still a lot of job to do on him. The real thing started actually in 2012/2013 and again... We couldn't say he was THAT good and THAT indispensable for Bayern.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Fernando_Bayern_BR » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:20 pm

And don't forget we also have Højbjerg and Gaudino in the ranks and they could also develop into great talents. No need to purchase Verratti or any other DM/CM for that matter.

I'd extend with Xabi for a year though, as Danada19 suggested.
Ich geb mein Herz für dich... Für Bayern lebe ich... Ich lass dich nie im Stich !
Fernando_Bayern_BR
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:51 pm

FCB general wrote:The real question is; why have we brought Kimmich to Bayern if we don't plan the future with him?

It's very simple. We have had a thought in our mind to bring this guy, raise him and form him as a professional player and as a future vital part of FC Bayern.

If it's not about this, then we may say it's about 'destroying' competition and attitude "why would someone else have Kimmich, develop him into fantastic player or maybe world-class material one day, form him as a player, etc. when we can pick him up and then mahhhh... fúck him when he can't produce quality on the pitch, i.e. have an immediate impact on our team and the playing style, he ain't worth Bayern shirt..."

Patience, faith, confidence, even mistakes are part of the long-term vision. Even when Kroos rocked at Leverkusen for one and half season, we saw in 2010/2011 when he came back that there was still a lot of job to do on him. The real thing started actually in 2012/2013 and again... We couldn't say he was THAT good and THAT indispensable for Bayern.

We bought shaqiri and gotze too....

Both are/were young ...
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Kimmich looks like a fine prospect, but next season is too early...

Also, I do not think Kimmich is a the DM that Pep envisions in his system at his skill level right now.

I dont really watch ligue 1, however, I watch verratti absolutely take barca and chelsea's midfield like nothing.... GUys like cesc, matic, rakitic, busquets, iniesta, xavi, etc.

You guys are right that he is near impossible, however, the Pep influence can maybe get us him to replace alonso.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby Fernando_Bayern_BR » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Verratti is about as unnecessary as it gets
Fernando_Bayern_BR
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:30 pm

pyrasur wrote:Everybody has their football crush. My sadness is the Kroos fan left us with Toni :(

Huh? I don't get you today! :D

Well, Veratti would be nice... We won't get him though so whatever... Javi and Schweini also bossed Barca, and there will be others again (maybe Javi once more?) who will as well... It's not just about having the best player in every position, it's also about how they work together and next to each other... Costa is a prime example IMHO... Believe me: I never rant about somebody I don't know too well (I was optimistic but reserved about Coman for example...) - the kid was nothing special at Shaktar... Pure average player... And look at the boy go now!
And I think it's a blend of:
- Alaba (or somebody else) having his back (thus focusing on offense)
- having better players on his side
- carte blanche by Guardiola

Who's to say Veratti would work? We have our problems with Götze and the kid is enormously talented...

Even though I (as one of few?) think Vidal could still play better: they seem to find a solution for everything and our transfers this year were absolute bombs... I hope and trust they continue to be that good at scouting talent...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:01 pm

You weren't around for that
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:27 pm

#12 wrote:
pyrasur wrote:Everybody has their football crush. My sadness is the Kroos fan left us with Toni :(

Huh? I don't get you today! :D

Well, Veratti would be nice... We won't get him though so whatever... Javi and Schweini also bossed Barca, and there will be others again (maybe Javi once more?) who will as well... It's not just about having the best player in every position, it's also about how they work together and next to each other... Costa is a prime example IMHO... Believe me: I never rant about somebody I don't know too well (I was optimistic but reserved about Coman for example...) - the kid was nothing special at Shaktar... Pure average player... And look at the boy go now!
And I think it's a blend of:
- Alaba (or somebody else) having his back (thus focusing on offense)
- having better players on his side
- carte blanche by Guardiola

Who's to say Veratti would work? We have our problems with Götze and the kid is enormously talented...

Even though I (as one of few?) think Vidal could still play better: they seem to find a solution for everything and our transfers this year were absolute bombs... I hope and trust they continue to be that good at scouting talent...

Gotze and verrati are two different players.

Verratti plays possession football, while gotze at dortmund did not. Verrati has impeccable technique with being a top 5 dribbler in the world. In addition, he has nasty streak attitude, which allows him to compensate for his height, however, like Vidal gets carded a lot.

Main thing Gotze has is goal scoring ability over verratti...

Think about the technique thiago possesses and dribbling ability. Verratti is on a similar level to thiago in those 2 things...His dribbling is a work of beauty

There a reason why Barcelona wants verratti very badly
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby MiaSanUlster » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:59 pm

All our signings so far this season have impressed me. Kimmich I feel, given the time he needs, will like Costa & IMO soon to be Coman, become a fan favourite. Given the rest of this season, & maybe half of next (if not before!) playing with the same regularity, I think he'll be a regular in the starting XI.

The only thing I see is yes, we also still have Gaudino & Højbërg to think about. But the truth is, Xabi isn't getting any younger, & we need to act sooner rather than later to develop one of these players to fulfil his role, or (hopefully as is the current situation) start scouting a proper defensive replacement.
The Only Time Success Comes Before Work, Is In The Dictionary
MiaSanUlster
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:48 pm

Kimmich scored the third goal for Germany U21 vs Finland. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion