You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

José Ernesto Sosa

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Jose Ernesto Sosa

Postby fa » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:22 pm

Bayern are considering buying 21 year old Jose Ernesto Sosa, playing at Estudiantes. Normally Bayern would already signed him in the January transfer period, but because of the Copa Libertadores this was impossible. Rumours have it that Bayern already have a first buying option for this player, who's nickname is the Little Prince.

Sosa played 27 games, scoring 4 times and giving 5 assists. Not only Bayern are in the race for his signature, also Juventus and Athletico Madrid are reported to have shown interest.

To be honest, I havent heared from him untill now. Appartently he would cost us about 10 millions, imo a lot of money. I would rather see Quaresma (Porto) coming to Bayern, because he for one already proved himself in the CL (great match against ManU)
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:21 pm

Hmm what's the source please?

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fa » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:08 pm

fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:32 pm

diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:46 am

cheers, I updated the transfer list page.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fa » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:52 am

Just keep in mind that this are just rumours going around the footballworld.
In an interview Hoeness stated that lots of players are linked with a move to Bayern, and after 3 weeks their names are already replaced by others.

Still, the loss of 2 great Bayern players (Deislers and Scholl) and the bad results in the bundesliga may (and imo should) convince the Bayern board to buy some new players. The names of Ribery and Riquelme were already circulating in several rumours, but both seems to very unlikely.

The guy mentioned here, SOSA, was about to be signed this January transfer window, so maybe there is some truth in this rumour.. who knows :wink:
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:22 pm

In witch position does he play? :o
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:26 am

José Ernesto Sosa is an Argentine football midfielder. He was born on June 19, 1985, in the city of Carcaraña, Santa Fe Province. He currently plays for Estudiantes de La Plata in the Argentine first division.

Sosa has played for Estudiantes since 2002. The undisputable highlight of his career to date was helping Estudiantes to win their first league title since 1983 by scoring the equalising goal from a free kick against Boca Juniors in the 2006 Apertura final playoff game.

After the game, his manager Diego Simeone recommended Sosa to S.S. Lazio. It was hinted in the press that several European clubs were interested in Sosa, whose price tag could be in the vicinity of € 10 000 000.

So far SL Benfica and FC Bayern are the highest bidders alongside Atletico Madrid as AC Milan have cooled their interest. It is said in the press that FC Bayern has an option to buy Sosa in summer 2007.
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby charger256 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:59 pm

Bayern Munich are on the verge of snapping up Argentine starlet Jose Ernesto Sosa, according to reports in the German press.

The Bundesliga champions have struggled to fill the void left by Michael Ballack's transfer to Chelsea and, with Bastian Schweinsteiger plagued by poor form, have looked short of ideas and power in midfield.

Sosa is already understood to have travelled to Munich in order to finalise arrangements for a summer move to Bayern.

The Under 21 international has earned rave reviews in his Argentine homeland, after helping club side Estudiantes win the league title in 2006.

Estudiantes president Eduardo Abadie had initially ruled out the possibility of selling his most prized asset, amid rumours of interest from Benfica, Atletico Madrid and Milan.

However, Bayern are reportedly ready to part with €10million (£6.7million) as they look to strengthen ahead of next season.

Alemannia Aachen's Jan Schlaudraff and Hamit Altintop of Schalke have already agreed to join Bayern in the summer.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... &channel=&
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:39 pm

According to Bild the Bayern's chief of finace Karl Kopfner confirmed the negotiations with Estudiante about Sosa. But according to Hörwick, nothing is fixed.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fa » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:11 pm

This transfer seems to be getting finalised within the coming weeks. According to Skysports (normally quite reliable) Sosa already went to Munich. Bayern are reportingly willing to pay up to 10million euro for him, quite a lot for a player who hasnt proven himself in Europa. Hopefully a good gamble..

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... ne+starlet
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Walls » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:23 am

i just hope he's good.
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Re: ..

Postby diegis » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:58 am

Walls wrote:i just hope he's good.

he must be.. if they are asking 10mil for him
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Re: ..

Postby fa » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:27 am

supr4king wrote:
Walls wrote:i just hope he's good.

he must be.. if they are asking 10mil for him

Hmms, being highly priced doesnt always mean your good. Some South-American clubs just want to scare off the European clubs by asking prices that are way too high.. the good thing is that he (together with Veron) helped his team Estudiantes to win the league last year. Still, I would prefer for instance Quaresma (Fc Porto) who already proved his value on the international stage..
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:29 pm

Quaresma is hell of a player. no doubt about that and also no doubt about the fact he would not join Bayern even if we offered lots of cash. Sosa is allright i guess and it seems we "allready" signed him.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion