You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

José Ernesto Sosa

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:26 pm

well, to be honest he didn't do a single dribble in that goal, but it's still a good goal.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:46 pm

True, but pace and more so positioning can make up for lack of dribbling, not to mention a good long distance shot. Look at Cristiano Ronaldo up until recently...plenty of pace and dribbling tricks, but he'd be so caught up in his dribbling that he got himself into horrible positions and gave the ball away more often than not...Sosa, on the other hand, seems to already have a good sense of when and where to turn and get away from defenders, from what little I've seen of him.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:48 pm

Looks like he is similar to Kaka...
Can't wait to seem him do that for FC BAYERN. :)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Duncan » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:30 pm

a longer video of Estudiante vs San Lorenzo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LjX4i1ICZwc
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby soccerkyle » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:00 pm

He looks like a good player on the right side of the pitch is what we need but is he worth 10 million for a player who hasnt played in Europe and i personally would have rather shelled out an extra couple of million for a player like sneijder
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Walls » Tue May 08, 2007 10:06 am

and

WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bayern1301 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:10 am

he looks brill i must admit :D

cant wait till he's tested out in munich. i have a good feeling about this guy.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue May 08, 2007 10:53 am

bayern1301 wrote:he looks brill i must admit :D

cant wait till he's tested out in munich. i have a good feeling about this guy.

second that...seems like we finally managed to sign a good player from south americas...
Last edited by fanOfBayern on Tue May 08, 2007 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Tue May 08, 2007 12:54 pm

To be honest, I'm not at all impressed. He didn't do anything spectacular against these Argentinian teams (to note that the Argentinian league is considered inferior to the Bundesliga). He only really looked good when he had acres of spaces to run into... and which player wouldn't? How often do our players find themselves with as much open spaces as Sosa had in these clips?

Compare Sosa's clips to the Karimi clips before he joined Bayern, and I'm sure that you would agree that Karimi's are way more impressive.

Not trying to sound negative here, but I think it's way too early to even consider counting chickens. It's not like there's clips of him skipping past 5 or 6 players and blasting the ball in.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paddy » Tue May 08, 2007 1:55 pm

MUTU wrote:To be honest, I'm not at all impressed. He didn't do anything spectacular against these Argentinian teams (to note that the Argentinian league is considered inferior to the Bundesliga). He only really looked good when he had acres of spaces to run into... and which player wouldn't? How often do our players find themselves with as much open spaces as Sosa had in these clips?

Compare Sosa's clips to the Karimi clips before he joined Bayern, and I'm sure that you would agree that Karimi's are way more impressive.

Not trying to sound negative here, but I think it's way too early to even consider counting chickens. It's not like there's clips of him skipping past 5 or 6 players and blasting the ball in.

I think Sosa is much faster, and younger. And Iranian league is sooo inferior to Argentinian league.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Tue May 08, 2007 5:16 pm

Paddy wrote:I think Sosa is much faster, and younger. And Iranian league is sooo inferior to Argentinian league.

I heard that Sosa is on the slower side, but I would assume he's faster than Karimi. Karimi was playing in the U.A.E., which is still inferior to the Argentinian league. However we had 2 clips of him, one in an international match against Germany where he was running rings around the German players... There was also a goal he scored against Roma where he got the ball around the middle of the pitch, dribbled a number of Roma players and shot a thunderbolt which beat the keeper but hit the crossbar.

My point is that we should have learnt our lesson by now. Don't get your hopes too high up.

For old times' sake, here is my fave Karimi video. The last 2 matches are against Roma and Germany. It's the video which fooled me into thinking that we had signed a world class player :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue May 08, 2007 5:37 pm

Or you can see the 2 "important" matches individually:

vs Roma

vs Germany

I know this is getting off-topic, but it's just to demonstrate how someone can look very good but then fail to impress when he goes to a top team.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Walls » Tue May 08, 2007 7:07 pm

MUTU wrote:Or you can see the 2 "important" matches individually:

vs Roma

vs Germany

I know this is getting off-topic, but it's just to demonstrate how someone can look very good but then fail to impress when he goes to a top team.

well see...Karimi looked good in those n Sosa not so impressive...n Karimi hasn't done anything...so maybe its gona be a reverse affair..Sosa comes in and blows everything away :P
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue May 08, 2007 7:25 pm

Walls wrote:well see...Karimi looked good in those n Sosa not so impressive...n Karimi hasn't done anything...so maybe its gona be a reverse affair..Sosa comes in and blows everything away :P

Hehe!!!..good one... :D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby xevi » Tue May 08, 2007 8:24 pm

when we sign sosa i heard he sign for 4 years and we would pay 4M€!!!!
is posible?????
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion