You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

José Ernesto Sosa

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby Duncan » Thu May 10, 2007 8:51 pm

MUTU wrote:
We only paid 6 million euros for him.

this number is wrong :wink:

Bayern paid 10 Mio, but Estudiante only got between 60-50% cause they only this kind of percentage of the player rights. The rest belonged to another group
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu May 10, 2007 10:30 pm

Duncan wrote:
MUTU wrote:
We only paid 6 million euros for him.

this number is wrong :wink:

Bayern paid 10 Mio, but Estudiante only got between 60-50% cause they only this kind of percentage of the player rights. The rest belonged to another group

That is right...10m is not a small amount.. even 6m is not a small amount..

Paddy wrote:Great. If player like Haltitop, who´s a really proven player, with great reputation and was a first team starter at Schalke is in Bayern´s first team than we´re destined for glory!

I´m so optimistic about our future.

Come on Paddy..cheer up...Lets wait till summer and bash them if they don't sign...till then we can try to be optimistic..:)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Fri May 11, 2007 12:26 am

I´m sooo optimistic. We´ll be champions of Bundesliga 2 in a 3 years time.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby draconaut » Sun May 13, 2007 1:05 am

Paddy wrote:I´m sooo optimistic. We´ll be champions of Bundesliga 2 in a 3 years time.

I dun care whether they really did win anything except Champions League,i more like powerful players in our squad.
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bayern1301 » Mon May 14, 2007 11:01 am

bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Mon May 14, 2007 8:50 pm

Repost^
FC Bajern

Postby MUTU » Mon May 14, 2007 9:25 pm

FC Bajern wrote:Repost^

No actually the first half is footage I hadn't seen before. Thanks for the video, bayern1301.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bayern1301 » Mon May 14, 2007 11:15 pm

no problem
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mirage » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:53 pm

Some background on Sosa:

Bayern dug deep into their pockets this time; so far, they signed nine players to replace the six that left the club. One of the new signings is José Ernesto Sosa, a 22-year-old Argentine. His transfer was announced at the beginning of March, after he passed his medical test.

Name: José Ernesto Sosa
Nickname: El Principito ("The Little Prince")
Date of Birth: June 19th, 1985
Place of birth: Carcarañá, Santa Fe, Argentina
Height: 1,79 m
Positions: right midfield, centre midfield, left midfield
Club of Origin: Estudiantes de La Plata

Sosa participated in Estudiantes' youth programme and made it into the A team in 2002. In 2006, he won the league (the apertura - the Argentinean league determines two champions every year) with his club, the first one since 1983, and Sosa played a major role in the victory. In the final against Boca Juniors, this brilliantly delivered free kick by Sosa was the decisive goal of the match:

After this, quite a lot of clubs wooed Sosa (FC Valencia, Juventus Turin, Atlético Madrid, Bayern München), but Estudiantes' president Abadie announced a transfer stop until June because he wanted to win the Copa Libertadores (South American Champions League) with a complete squad. According to rumours, Bayern was promised first purchase rights for summer 2007.

Sosa scored eleven goals in 105 matches for Estudiantes. Last season, he played 27 matches, scored four goals and prepared five. Together with the former Inter Milan and Manchester United player Juan Sebastián Verón, he formed a very effective midfield duo.

Some might prophecy Sosa's transfer to turn out a flop, like the transfer of Julio dos Santos in January 2006. Dos Santos, a sensitive and shy young Paraguayan, came from Cerro Porteno for a fee of 2.3 million Euros but hasn't managed his final breakthrough at Bayern so far. During the second half of this season, he was lent to VfL Wolfsburg, where he spent most of the time recovering from a shin and calf bone fracture, and it's quite likely he'll be lent again.

Sosa, however, has the necessary ability and self-confidence to make it. He is a lively, mischievous youngster who likes to snatch the ball away from the stars when a free kick is granted. He is dynamic, quick and intelligent, with a good knowledge of strategy and tactics as well as dribbling. And he'll have the necessary high hopes resting on his shoulders to motivate him.

José Ernesto Sosa signed a contract until 2011 at Bayern.

I've no clue what to expect from this guy. I predict a flop because I don't think he'll get much chance at Bayern to progress but of course, I'll love to be surprised lol.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bayern1301 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:04 am

lol yeah one shouldnt expect too much just in case he doesnt perform that well/that much but i like the fact that he can play any attacking role in midfield, which does give us decent and safe cover over injuries etc.
---------------Kahn
Sagnol---Lucio---Van Buyten---Lahm
---Van Bommel-----Ze Roberto------
Ribery-------------------------Schweini
----------Klose----Toni----------------
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:28 am

Yes we have a LOT of cover in midfield.

LM these players could play:
Schweinsteiger
Ribery
Altintop
Jansen
Lahm
Sosa
Lell
Ze Roberto
Dos Santos

CM these players could play:
Ze Roberto
Van Bommel
Dos Santos
Schlaudraff
Altintop
Ribery
Schweinsteiger
Sosa
Demichelis
Fuerstner
Kroos
Ottl
Santa Cruz

RM these players could play:
Sosa
Schweinsteiger
Ribery
Ottl
Lell
Altintop
Dos Santos (?)
Santa Cruz
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fa » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:07 am

Imo Sosa will have problems to get first-team action. If we play 4-4-2, this would leave almost no room for him with our midfield looking like this:

Ribery - Van Bommel - Ze Roberto - Sweini

He will be a stand-in, together with Altintop and Dos Santos (and eventually also Schlaudraff)

I really hope that he gets enough time to play, because he got the potential..
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby psycodad » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:34 am

Who knows how our midfield will look like next season.
Ottmar is a friend of rotation and i think Ernesto will get his shot. It´s up to him if he uses his chance or not.
By the way, i´m not very sure if Schweini is set in the starting 11. He wasn´t so well last season...

That´s a opinion from good old germany...

greetz psycodad
psycodad
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Mirage » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:46 pm

Schweini's likely to start but you're right its not guaranteed. He got bashed a lot for his form last season. Plus he's coming back from injury but we'll see i guess.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bayern1301 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:24 am

the starting eleven we will see on the first game of the season will depend highly on the individual performances of the players in the pre-season friendlies where it can be assured that EVERYONE will get their chance to show what they can do.
---------------Kahn
Sagnol---Lucio---Van Buyten---Lahm
---Van Bommel-----Ze Roberto------
Ribery-------------------------Schweini
----------Klose----Toni----------------
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion