You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Where do you think Javi Martínez should play?

Very regularly in midfield
54%
Rotated in midfield
19%
Very regularly in defence
11%
Rotated in defence
8%
Backup player wherever needed
8%
He should not play
No votes

Total votes : 37

Re: Javi Martinez

Postby Rogach » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Luis wrote:
Rogach wrote:For those who missed the match or just want to see him play again:

He actually attempted 3 long passes:
- to Muller, which was a perfect pass, but bad control from muller
- to Shaqiri, which was slightly to powerful, but taking the distance into account he was actually very close
- one to Lahm, wich was also almost perfect, but Lahm was to lazy/tired to chase after it. If we were playing against Real Madrid in the CL with 0-0 i am pretty sure he would have cought it

All I've seen it's safe passes.. nothing any C level player couldn't have done

and for long pasess... What makes you think he's good at giving those long pasess?
Are you in need for good passer?

About playing it safe, i agree, but it was his debut so it's understandable. And about the long passes: well you never see them from Gustavo. And imagine a holding midfield of Schweini and Martinez, both great passers and solid in defence. A dream one if you ask me.
Rogach
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern4l » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Give him some time, he will show what he knows very soon. . .
Manuel Neuer
bayern4l
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby quaazi » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Luis wrote:All I've seen it's safe passes.. nothing any C level player couldn't have done

You don't watch a lot of football, do you?

That's what an anchor man does. Recycle possession, then recycle some more. If you watched non-basque teams, you'd know that.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:32 pm

To me i can see Martinez being the next Xabi Alonso if he can build on what i have seen from him atm
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Commodore » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Luis wrote:All I've seen it's safe passes.. nothing any C level player couldn't have done

and for long pasess... What makes you think he's good at giving those long pasess?

We're glad to hear you don't miss him. We love him. Everybody wins.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby lau03143 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Luis wrote:
All I've seen it's safe passes.. nothing any C level player couldn't have done

You just sound bitter as one of your best players has decided to leave your small minded club.

Onwards and upwards!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:To me i can see Martinez being the next Xabi Alonso if he can build on what i have seen from him atm

I see him becoming 2x the player Xabi Alonso is:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Luis » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:23 pm

Commodore wrote:

We're glad to hear you don't miss him. We love him. Everybody wins.

No.. it's not that

It's that you're starting to sound like one of those JustinBieber fans: "I love the way he stands there just doing nothing... "
You have spent 40 m. for a player, it's understandable... but please...

You don't watch a lot of football, do you?
That's what an anchor man does. Recycle possession, then recycle some more. If you watched non-basque teams, you'd know that

and now you please enlight me and tell what that has to do with "long passes"... some guy here was accounting his "long passes"...
If you wanted long passes you should have gone afeter Amorebieta instead...

And you're right i don't give a damn for football... it's boring as hell if Athletic is not playin (and quite often even when Athletic is playing :) )... I wouldn't wacth a Bundesliga or a champions leage match even I were to get paid for doing it.... Sorry but I just watch and follow Athletic Club...
Luis
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Element » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:26 pm

He CAME IN the last 10 mins while leading 6:1
You couls have played Lell ,Me or Even Bayernlove :P there and you wont see any difference
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Luis » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Element wrote:He CAME IN the last 10 mins while leading 6:1
You couls have played Lell ,Me or Even Bayernlove :P there and you wont see any difference

no,. no

but from his performace some people has named him "the next Xabi Alonso"...

:lol: :lol:
Luis
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Commodore » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Element wrote:He CAME IN the last 10 mins while leading 6:1

Don't be ridiculous now please. Bayernlove???? NO!

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Commodore » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Luis wrote:And you're right i don't give a damn for football... it's boring as hell if Athletic is not playin (and quite often even when Athletic is playing :) )... I wouldn't wacth a Bundesliga or a champions leage match even I were to get paid for doing it.... Sorry but I just watch and follow Athletic Club...

See, and right there that's the difference. For you football is nothing but a political statement. A way to fight for the autonomy and independence of your country. I get that, but I don't want to debate the legitimacy of Euskal Herria's claim, nor do I want to endorse or refute it. At least not here.

This is a football forum. We talk about football. You admit you have no clue about football. In fact you say you find the sport boring, sometimes even when the eleven-man political statement is playing that marks the only reason you follow this sport at all. Don't you think that by your own admission we, being football enthusiasts, most of us following the sport every day of our lives, are in a somewhat better position to judge the skill of a player than you, to whom the sport is but a means to an end?

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Luis » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Commodore wrote:See, and right there that's the difference. For you football is nothing but a political statement. A way to fight for the autonomy and independence of your country. I get that, but I don't want to debate the legitimacy of Euskal Herria's claim, nor do I want to endorse or refute it. At least not here.

you're lcueless
I shoulnd't be talking about my political tendencies but I'm telling you I'm not nationalist nor separatist...

and I don't give a shit for any political statements regarding football
:)

BTW, as a clue i got to say to you that the club is named Athletic Club.. the word "bilbao" nor "basque" nor "national" is on its name. Strange for an utra-nationalist club tohave a name in a foreing language and be proud of it (we don't like to be called "Bilbao")..

sorry but you don't understand what Athletic Club is
:D
Luis
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Commodore » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:52 pm

OK, maybe I don't. My point stands though. You don't follow football. You find it boring unless, and not even then always, Athletic Club is playing. You simply won't convince me that you can judge a player's ability more than most of us who love this sport and follow it on a day-to-day basis.

Also, whether or not you are a nationalist, a separatist or a communist, I frankly don't care. The fact that you said you wish physical harm on Javier Martínez and Fernando Llorente, the fact that you want to let Llorente rot on the bench for his final year to harm his career and the fact that you would disown your own son if he played for Athletic Club and left for a foreign club, all these facts tell me that Athletic Club, to you at the very least, is more than "just" a football club, and that you try to drive home some sort of agenda or statement in the name of Athletic Club, thus using the sport as a means to an end. Whatever color or label that statement may have in the end, you may have guessed it, I don't care, for I like to talk about football, of which you, sir, have no f*cking clue.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:45 am

Lets not mix ethnic conflict or etc with football! Sport should something people use to share a good time with other not create conflict. Luis i suggest u leave if this is gonna continue, before you came this was a peaceful forum where people who love Bayern Munich and all types of football shared their views plz respect that. Javi Martinez is gone, he does not play for Athletic Club he is a player of Bayern Munich there is no reason for any arguments about his decision to leave cause and no reason for political views to be happening on this forum unless i dont kno something i should kno......:P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion