You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Where do you think Javi Martínez should play?

Very regularly in midfield
59%
Rotated in midfield
18%
Very regularly in defence
8%
Rotated in defence
8%
Backup player wherever needed
8%
He should not play
No votes

Total votes : 39

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:24 am

Effenberg777 wrote:go shoot some pidgins:)).
JAVI will bench the balerina. I knew it!!!

Am I the only one that thinks this merits a warning?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:06 am

tflags wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:go shoot some pidgins:)).
JAVI will bench the balerina. I knew it!!!

Am I the only one that thinks this merits a warning?

I don't even bother taking it seriously anymore. It's like he's continually devolving into more and more of a caricature of himself. Anybody who has watched Bayern in the past two seasons would understand that we ALWAYS play worse when we don't play Thiago. Always.
(I'm assuming that's who he's calling "the balerina", though it could really be pretty much any player who knows how to dribble, doesn't have the first touch of an ox, and can string together more than three passes - because we need more hard-nosed players like that! :roll: :lol: )
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:20 am

super javi super javi hey hey ! ! =D> =D>
javi will lead bayern to the CL finals . you like it or not, I told you what I think ( Jupp will use him before Thiago - a guy who had his chances 3years).
and is not like Javi doesnt diserve it he is a monster of a player.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby Roonzil » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:27 pm

Hope they assigned a player to him, to make sure he got on the bus and to the hotel after that game and that knock...

Javi

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCB general » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:20 pm

I like what he's been doing. I hope that Javi's gonna destroy this forum once and for all since many people crossed him forever in the midfield.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:27 pm

Not happy about the news but a warning was issued to Effenberg777 regarding some repeated posts which were not really up to forum standards ( :mrgreen: ) and, well, let us just say he provided the wrong answer.

Sorry guys, an ban had to be issued for 7 days. Let's hope in a week we can have a better Effenberg.

For those of you sensitive enough about your freedom of expression, please note we are not here to correct your opinions (we are a little biased too), we just want to have a proper place to read and write our opinnions, preferably with a little level of dignity as a minimum.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:28 pm

tflags wrote:Not happy about the news but a warning was issued to Effenberg777 regarding some repeated posts which were not really up to forum standards ( :mrgreen: ) and, well, let us just say he provided the wrong answer.

Sorry guys, an ban had to be issued for 7 days. Let's hope in a week we can have a better Effenberg.

For those of you sensitive enough about your freedom of expression, please note we are not here to correct your opinions (we are a little biased too), we just want to have a proper place to read and write our opinnions, preferably with a little level of dignity as a minimum.

After Effenberg,now I see @#12 as a very optimistic person. :mrgreen:
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Birthday

Postby DiegoForlan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:super javi super javi hey hey ! ! =D> =D>
javi will lead bayern to the CL finals . you like it or not, I told you what I think ( Jupp will use him before Thiago - a guy who had his chances 3years).
and is not like Javi doesnt diserve it he is a monster of a player.
I'm a big Javi fan, him being a irreplaceable part of our squad is a dream come true for me, but srsly why is everyone turning heads on Thiago, how can you call yourself a Bayern fan whilst bashing a "true" bavarian like that guy, every club in Europe would want a Thiago in their team.

Where were you people when he was leading interceptions in top 5 leagues, or when he had perfect scores in Champions League. I understood when you guys were bashing Douglas Costa, but this has Bayern written all over his forehead.
DiegoForlan
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:47 pm

Per Tom Adams:

During Carlo Ancelotti’s tenure as Bayern Munich manager, Javi Martinez was most often as a center back alongside Mats Hummels, especially during Jerome Boateng’s lengthy injury spell. His most natural position, however, is a central defensive midfielder and since Jupp Heynckes has taken charge of the club, that’s where he’s utilized the Spaniard. From a total of four appearances since Heynckes took charge, Martinez has started three times across all competitions and has acted as the anchor just in front of the backline. More importantly, three of the five games Martinez has started in the league in total, Bayern have kept clean sheets.

After some late match heroics against Celtic in the Champions League by virtue of a match-winning header in the 77th minute (Bayern defeated Celtic 2-1), Martinez’s teammates, along with Heynckes, gave him plenty of praise, expressing how important he is in his deeper midfield role. The Bayern manager highlighted how much the squad has been stabilized with Javi playing in the midfield role (via Bundesliga):

Javi has played in central defence before, but I have a rather different opinion. Since he's been playing in midfield we've improved our stability and the quality of our defensive work. He's also very dangerous from set pieces, and the way in which he scored the excellent winning goal [vs. Celtic] - well, not many players can do that.
Arjen Robben echoed Heynckes’ view, and also made sure to reference Javi’s effectiveness during Heynckes’ previous tenure as Bayern boss:

Javi's incredibly important, of course. He played more as a centre-back last season and now he's back in defensive midfield, playing very well when we don't have the ball. He also got the winning goal against Celtic, so you can only give him credit. He's so important in that defensive midfield role, just as he was during our very successful previous spell with Jupp Heynckes.
Keeper Sven Ulreich struck a rather thankful tone when he was asked about Martinez’s presence just in front on Bayern’s defensive line, suggesting that he’s a chief contributor to Bayern recording clean sheets:

Javi is fiercely important, a key factor in why we've been less likely to concede over the past few weeks. He gives us greater stability in defence. He makes very intelligent runs and closes down the space.
Javi as a CDM vs Javi as CB
Though no season has quite compared to the famous treble-winning season of 2012/2013, Bayern did cumulatively collect a fair amount of silverware between the tenures of both Pep Guardiola (2013-2016) and Carlo Ancelotti (2016-2017). Under Heynckes, Martinez was almost exclusively utilized as a central defensive midfielder, and it was Guardiola who eventually decided to try and shift him to a center back role at times.

Though he was quite hampered with injury problems between 2013 and 2015, Martinez still recorded the highest tackles per match ratio (2.6) and interceptions per match (1.6) in the 2013/2014 Bundesliga campaign, most often being deployed as a center back. Despite the impressive defensive contributions, he failed to record a single goal or assist during that campaign and didn't get as many opportunities to showcase his offensive strengths. Under Ancelotti in the 2016/2017 league campaign when he was predominantly used as a center back, it was much of the same as far as the lack of balance between defensive and offensive contributions: He averaged 1.7 tackles per match (5th most in the squad that season), 2 interceptions per match (4th most in the squad that season), and only recorded one goal and one assist.

By stark contrast, in the treble winning season of 2012/2013 under Heynckes, Javi struck a strong balance between his defensive and offensive statistics playing as a holding midfielder. In the league, he averaged 2.3 tackles per match, 1.9 interceptions per match, and he also recorded 3 goals and 3 assists, boasting a pass completion rate of 87.7%. His stats were equally as impressive in the Champions League that season as well, averaging 3 tackles per match, 3.8 interceptions per match, and boasting a pass completion rate of 87.7%, equal to his mark in the league.

Fast forward to 2017 since Heynckes has taken charge after Ancelotti's departure and Javi is back to his old self playing in Bayern's midfield. Thus far, he's cumulatively averaged 1.8 tackles per match, 1.8 interceptions, 1.4 clearances, and has also provided and assist, boasting a pass completion rate of 88.4% from a total of 5 appearances. In the Champions League group stages [thus far], he's averaged 1.3 tackles per match, 2 interceptions, 4 clearances, produced a pass completion rate of 86.2%, and also scored the all important match winner against Celtic in Glasgow.

Clearly, Heynckes has got Martinez firing on all cylinders at the moment and it's contagiously uplifted the rest of the squad with how much he brings to the game from a central defensive midfield role, on both sides of the ball.
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Birthday

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:03 pm

FCB general wrote:I like what he's been doing. I hope that Javi's gonna destroy this forum once and for all since many people crossed him forever in the midfield.

All I will say is: the last world class Bayern player I doubted who made a comeback scored a CL winner. :coffee:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:51 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
FCB general wrote:I like what he's been doing. I hope that Javi's gonna destroy this forum once and for all since many people crossed him forever in the midfield.

All I will say is: the last world class Bayern player I doubted who made a comeback scored a CL winner. :coffee:
And it's not like Martinez is new to scoring important goals in finals of club continental cups.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:18 pm

Anyone knows why he hasn't been called up to the national team since 28th March 2017? Why does Lopetegui not value him?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:45 pm

MUTU wrote:Anyone knows why he hasn't been called up to the national team since 28th March 2017? Why does Lopetegui not value him?
Probably because Spain has lots of great MFs (and Javi hadn't played there since Heynckes :$) and, honestly, Javi isn't that great of a CB.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:19 pm

That's good cause he always gets injured with the NT. it's the same with Thiago :x
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion