You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Where do you think Javi Martínez should play?

Very regularly in midfield
23
59%
Rotated in midfield
7
18%
Very regularly in defence
3
8%
Rotated in defence
3
8%
Backup player wherever needed
3
8%
He should not play
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 39

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:51 am

Effenberg777 wrote:Yeap I am 34. not that old but I ve seen pretty much all games from recent history as my father is also a FCB fan. Anyways I wont give any explanation why I want Javi as DM because it seems you guys are happy with Thiago playing that role, maybe coz you like the way he claps his hands ;) BUT I am sure Jupp wont play anyone there except Javi when he is fit.

and different opinion= dumb? since when?


differing opinions aren't necessarily dumb, but when you throw an opinion out there and eventually say things like "I won't give any explanation" yet talk like anyone who doesn't agree with you is ungrateful or something you should know by now to expect some pushback. AKA "I don't know how to articulate my reasons, I just feel this way and if you disagree you're wrong"
User avatar
aterford
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1399 times
Been thanked: 854 times
Gender: Male

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:55 am

Effenberg777 wrote:Yeap I am 34. not that old but I ve seen pretty much all games from recent history as my father is also a FCB fan. Anyways I wont give any explanation why I want Javi as DM because it seems you guys are happy with Thiago playing that role, maybe coz you like the way he claps his hands ;) BUT I am sure Jupp wont play anyone there except Javi when he is fit.

and different opinion= dumb? since when?

I respect your opinion of Martinez being the best DM, and somewhat agree with it. HOWEVER, what makes you look like a complete troll is something like this:

Effenberg777 wrote:Javi without a leg is better than anyoane from the team as a 6. Fact!

You cannot seriously believe it. And adding "Fact!" at the end doesn't bode well. To me, this means that if Martinez was to have a leg amputated (God forbid!), he'd still be playing football hopping on one leg and still be better than anyone as a defensive midfielder. Seriously?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31568
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5573 times
Been thanked: 8301 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 am

ooo cmon mutu you now analyze my sentences. its a forum not some sort of press release. you are a smart guy you know what I mean, you dont have to take it literally. and I hope Javi will stay fit so qe can all see who plays better in a DM position.
peace
User avatar
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:51 pm
National Flag:
El Salvador
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Gender: Male

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:you dont have to take it literally

That's what "Fact" means, that you should take it seriously/literally.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31568
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5573 times
Been thanked: 8301 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:32 pm

aterford wrote:

Well, apparently you haven't been watching any football in the past couple of years? It's absolutely clear to everyone who's been paying attention that Robben and Ribery are FAR from the players they used to be. Robben is good for 45 minutes at best, Ribery perhaps half of that...maybe. If you want to make an argument for why Javi should still be considered as important as he was 4 years ago.....bringing up Robben and Ribery is a great way to shoot yourself right in the foot.



Of course Robben and Ribery aren’t the same as years ago but is because their ages, they are near their limit, in contrast Javi is 29, so still have too much to prove.

Robben and Ribery, when they were 29 years old and with a huge injury history already in their career, this didn’t stop them to be good enough to carry Bayern to a treble season.

Also why do you not make the injury history of Thiago?, he was almost 2 years without playing football, but this didn’t kill him, in contrast in his return, immediately Thiago pass to be one of our most important players.

It is pathetic to use an injury history for sacrifice and kill a player who had shown to be a world class caliber in the past, pathetic, pathetic your argument.

Javi deserve to have his chance as defensive midfielder, the position that made him to have his best season as football player, so the only one who will have to shoot yourself is you in the moment that Javi get back at his best with Heynckes,

So pray to see an underperformance of Javi, pray for you! [-o< :lol:
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!


DANKE JUPP!
User avatar
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Panamá
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 503 times
Been thanked: 520 times
Gender: Male

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby FCB general » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:12 pm

People simply don't trust in our players and they think how everything must be solved by buying new players. Javi isn't spared of that at all, specially through the last 4 years when he was deployed to CB while his position is CDM/CM.
Cada loco con su tema.
User avatar
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6606
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Red Cross
Has thanked: 2701 times
Been thanked: 2908 times
Gender: Male

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:51 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
aterford wrote:

Well, apparently you haven't been watching any football in the past couple of years? It's absolutely clear to everyone who's been paying attention that Robben and Ribery are FAR from the players they used to be. Robben is good for 45 minutes at best, Ribery perhaps half of that...maybe. If you want to make an argument for why Javi should still be considered as important as he was 4 years ago.....bringing up Robben and Ribery is a great way to shoot yourself right in the foot.



Of course Robben and Ribery aren’t the same as years ago but is because their ages, they are near their limit, in contrast Javi is 29, so still have too much to prove.

Robben and Ribery, when they were 29 years old and with a huge injury history already in their career, this didn’t stop them to be good enough to carry Bayern to a treble season.

Also why do you not make the injury history of Thiago?, he was almost 2 years without playing football, but this didn’t kill him, in contrast in his return, immediately Thiago pass to be one of our most important players.

It is pathetic to use an injury history for sacrifice and kill a player who had shown to be a world class caliber in the past, pathetic, pathetic your argument.

Javi deserve to have his chance as defensive midfielder, the position that made him to have his best season as football player, so the only one who will have to shoot yourself is you in the moment that Javi get back at his best with Heynckes,

So pray to see an underperformance of Javi, pray for you! [-o< :lol:



I'd ask that you please stop putting words in my mouth. Never once did I "use an injury history to sacrifice and kill a player" or "pray to see an underperformance". THIS is what's pathetic. Quite the contrary: go back and you'll find I *actually* said "I hope for the best" meaning I hope Javi DOES get back to top form, but for some reason you've been seemingly unable to comprehend this statement.

Grow up and learn to discuss these issues like an adult or we won't be getting anywhere.

Now, if you want to try and be mature? Here's what I have to say.

1. The majority of Robben and Ribery's significant injuries have came after the treble season. It wasn't nearly as bad prior to it. Which just goes to show: we expect injuries to get worse with age, rather than better.

2. Thiago: simply put, Thiago's age compared to Javi's is a big factor. He is much younger. Thiago and Javi have had virtually identical histories in terms of times/games missed - but as I said - Thiago is three years younger. On average, most males stop developing around the age of 25/26. In simplest terms, you have a better chance of recovering from injury before 25/26 than you do afterwards. Contrast this with Javi - who's had most of his severe injuries occur after this threshold. It's not a guaranteed science - but by and large you would reasonably expect Thiago to recover better, and so far this has been the case.

Again... let me say this very clear, since you didn't seem to get it the first time: I hope that Javi gets back to his 2013 form and shows a full recovery from all his injuries. I hope he gets back into top, world-class form. BUT, given his age and injury history - I don't think it's the most reasonable expectation. Players age, players get hurt, players struggle to be the same player they once were. It's part of the game. Refusing to acknowledge this simple fact of life can only hurt the team going forward. It's what leads to Xabi playing every important match, to Ancelotti refusing to rest Ribery, etc.
User avatar
aterford
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1399 times
Been thanked: 854 times
Gender: Male

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:26 am

MUTU wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:you dont have to take it literally

That's what "Fact" means, that you should take it seriously/literally.

Even if you don't take it literally (since it's an obvious case of hyperbole), it implies that Javi is WAY better than any other midfielder in our squad, to the point where even if he's not fully fit he is better than them. That is simply not true. I doubt it would be true even if Javi had 2013 form, let alone in 2017.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31358
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8830 times
Been thanked: 7435 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby Hardrade » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:52 am

I would say is that Javi's ideal form is qualitatively on par with Thiago's, albeit with a different skillset. That (ideal) duo can contest any midfield in the world.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
User avatar
Hardrade
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Belgrade
National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Gender: Male

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby Bentonomo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:23 pm

Vidal>Javi>rudy>thiago
User avatar
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 am
Location: Monterrey
National Flag:
Mexico
Has thanked: 225 times
Been thanked: 202 times
Gender: Male

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:59 pm

Lol
User avatar
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:46 pm
Location: Kercove,Macedonia
National Flag:
Albania
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Gender: Male

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:42 pm

Jupp turned Javi into a **** machine,AGAIN ..

Image
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 1337 times
Been thanked: 1119 times
Gender: Male

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:43 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Jupp turned Javi into a **** machine,AGAIN ..

Image

Fussballgott!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31568
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5573 times
Been thanked: 8301 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:14 pm

go shoot some pidgins:)).
JAVI will bench the balerina. I knew it!!!
User avatar
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:51 pm
National Flag:
El Salvador
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Gender: Male

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am

Bentonomo wrote:Vidal>Javi>rudy>thiago
Pep>Ancelotti>Benítez>Rodgers>Magath>My Dog>English Tabloids>You

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5512
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2381 times
Been thanked: 2268 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests