You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Where do you think Javi Martínez should play?

Very regularly in midfield
59%
Rotated in midfield
18%
Very regularly in defence
8%
Rotated in defence
8%
Backup player wherever needed
8%
He should not play
No votes

Total votes : 39

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby aterford » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:56 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:Guys who critic or do not want Javi as 6, should ask themselves where they were in the 2013 season, he gave Bayern the balance that Heynckes was looking for after years of Bayern struggling on defense.

I was watching plenty in 2013....the trouble is that the Javi you're talking about was 4+ years, a groin operation, an ankle injury, a concussion, a torn cruciate ligament, patella and meniscus damage, a hamstring injury, a quadricep injury, a broken collarbone, a few torn muscles, 579 days and 101 missed games ago.

I'll hope for the best but at 29 years old and having suffered just about every injury imaginable since then - if we get the same player I'll consider it nothing short of a miracle.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:56 pm

Javi without a leg is better than anyoane from the team as a 6. Fact!
watch saul and marcelo run from last madrid goal and you will see a nr 6 playing volleyball.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:12 pm

aterford wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:Guys who critic or do not want Javi as 6, should ask themselves where they were in the 2013 season, he gave Bayern the balance that Heynckes was looking for after years of Bayern struggling on defense.

I was watching plenty in 2013....the trouble is that the Javi you're talking about was 4+ years, a groin operation, an ankle injury, a concussion, a torn cruciate ligament, patella and meniscus damage, a hamstring injury, a quadricep injury, a broken collarbone, a few torn muscles, 579 days and 101 missed games ago.

I'll hope for the best but at 29 years old and having suffered just about every injury imaginable since then -

Oh man, with that injuries history means that Robben and Ribery cant play football again neither.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby aterford » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:Javi without a leg is better than anyoane from the team as a 6. Fact!
watch saul and marcelo run from last madrid goal and you will see a nr 6 playing volleyball.

Yeah, like I said....4 years ago that was the case. Be honest with yourself: do you think it's likely that Javi will return to his 2013 level after aging 4+ years and suffering so many injuries?
aterford
I post all the time

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:00 am

aterford wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:Javi without a leg is better than anyoane from the team as a 6. Fact!

Yeah, like I said....4 years ago that was the case. Be honest with yourself: do you think it's likely that Javi will return to his 2013 level after aging 4+ years and suffering so many injuries?
If he were a winger I would most definitely say no. But he is a DM, so I think it's possible. Even 50/50.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:03 am

No one can guarantee he will stay fit but when he is no one from our team can match his qualities as DM. Its same thing with rib or robben I know they are old but when I review their games no other player can be even close to them.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:56 am

Insulting to our other midfielders. Not true at all.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:59 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

It's getting increasingly hard to take Effenberg777's posts seriously. I don't think he believes most of the things he writes.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:watch saul and marcelo run from last madrid goal and you will see a nr 6 playing volleyball.

Was that the game they played vs Dijon? :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:00 pm

Javi Martinez key to Jupp Heynckes' plans to fix Bayern Munich
Bayern Munich head into Wednesday night's Champions League match against Celtic without the injured Manuel Neuer, Frank Ribery and Juan Bernat. On top of that, the most important player in Jupp Heynckes' system is missing too: Javi Martinez can't play due a shoulder injury.

To understand the 29-year-old's relevance we have to go back five years. It's easily forgotten now that Heynckes very nearly lost his job after finishing as runners-up in all three competitions in 2011-12, including a chaotic "home" defeat by Chelsea in the Champions League final. After much deliberation, the board decided that changes were necessary but not on the bench. The veteran coach was retained while the squad was strengthened in key areas, and the incredibly driven Matthias Sammer replaced Christian Nerlinger as sporting director.

The new arrivals on the pitch -- defender Dante, striker Mario Mandzukic and holding midfielder Martinez -- enabled Bayern to play a much more aggressive, pro-active game to close the gap on Jurgen Klopp's trailblazing Borussia Dortmund.Out of the new recruits, the Spain international was undoubtedly the most influential. By protecting the space behind Bastian Schweinsteiger and in front of the two centre-backs, almost like a sweeper, Martinez gave the rest of the team licence to hunt down the ball much further away from their own goal. As Sammer explained a few months ago, "the new-found stability at the back freed up energy to press more systematically at the other end."Before the Champions League final between the two sides, Klopp complained that the Bavarians had stolen his tactics, but Bayern arrived at the same destination by taking the opposite route to his Black and Yellows. Dortmund's defence was solid because the pressing worked so well. For Bayern, it was the other way around.

A couple of crunching tackles by Martinez in the second half of the final at Wembley helped Bayern disrupt the flow of a rampant Dortmund team and put them on course for their Treble victory. Pep Guardiola, who replaced Heynckes as coach at the end of that season, didn't see the need for a purely defensive midfielder, however, at least not in that position. Martinez was earmarked as the central of three defenders at the back but injury problems saw his influence his diminish. Carlo Ancelotti played him as a centre-back, with mixed results.

It came as no surprise that Heynckes' first significant move after taking over at Bayern for a fourth time was to re-install Martinez as a Wellenbrecher (breaker of the waves) in the 5-0 win against Freiburg on Saturday. The calibre of the opposition was such that a more offensive line-up might have worked just as well, but the Basque's inclusion is an article of faith for the 72-year-old coach, his alter ego on the pitch, if you will.

Just as Heynckes is supposed to bring tranquility to a club beset by tension and disagreement, Martinez's role is to be the glue that holds the various disparate parts of the team together. The new-old manager's affable, approachable style has already led to a marked change in the club's emotional atmosphere -- everyone's a lot happier, it's fair to say -- but Bayern's ability to fulfill their ambitions will to a large extent depend on Martinez successfully reprising his job as the team's shock absorber.Against Brendan Rodgers' Celtic at the Allianz Arena, the hosts are confident that the central midfielder's absence won't be too noticeable. Nevertheless, it'll be instructive to see how Heynckes compensates for the loss of the key man in his starting XI.

Because of Bayern's dominance in possession during the Guardiola years and his preference for deep-lying registas, the need for a Martinez back-up had never arisen. Consequently, Heynckes' won't find a like-for-like replacement. Corentin Tolisso is box-to-box, Thiago a playmaker, Sebastian Rudy a traffic director. Arturo Vidal's aggression and ball-winning skills would make him the most natural candidate to play in front of the defence but, then again, his all-round ill-discipline will trouble Heynckes. What you gain from Vidal's ability to burst forward, you lose by his inability to keep his head and his position.

It's a conundrum that might not prove impossible to solve at home to the Scottish champions, whose problems on the road are well documented. Celtic have lost 26 of their 31 away games in the Champions League, a 3-0 win at Anderlecht last time out notwithstanding. But Martinez's absence will still prove an early, formidable challenge for Heynckes in his latest stint. Hailed as a peacemaker after a few days in charge, he now needs to show that he can bring balance to Bayern's game even when Martinez is not available.
[source=][/source]
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby aterford » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:55 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
aterford wrote:

I'll hope for the best but at 29 years old and having suffered just about every injury imaginable since then -

Oh man, with that injuries history means that Robben and Ribery cant play football again neither.

Well, apparently you haven't been watching any football in the past couple of years? It's absolutely clear to everyone who's been paying attention that Robben and Ribery are FAR from the players they used to be. Robben is good for 45 minutes at best, Ribery perhaps half of that...maybe. If you want to make an argument for why Javi should still be considered as important as he was 4 years ago.....bringing up Robben and Ribery is a great way to shoot yourself right in the foot.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:45 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

It's getting increasingly hard to take Effenberg777's posts seriously. I don't think he believes most of the things he writes.

Name it if you know someone that plays better then him as a DM
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:Name it if you know someone that plays better then him as a DM

It's debatable that he's our best midfielder when fit, let alone not. He hasn't played much there in recent months, but, except for maybe last weekend (maybe), he sucked when he did.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:59 am

Effenberg777 wrote:Name it if you know someone that plays better then him as a DM

Effenberg. You are probably young. By the way you jump at conclusions I can tell you also haven't seen this team much over the years. Young people tend to make foolish mistakes.

One can be asking a dumb question. I do say this with all due respect. Do not take it personally. But when you go to a forum and ask about who is better than the only midfielder who isn't an intrinsic part of his national team (hell, he ain't even on the roster) your questions might come off, don't know, wrong.

I get that you like Martinez again as a DM. He is the anchor type which surprisingly enough pairs pretty well with someone like Thiago for example who can be both box-to-box and regista to trequartista equally while Javi looks for them turnovers and deep recovery missions.

But right now jumping to that conclusion when you have seen him there for less than two games out of the last four years is simply a promise, not a guarantee.

So with all due respect to Rudy's awesome confed cup, Vidal's back to back Copa Americas and Thiago replacing possibly the best midfielder of all time (you have heard about Iniesta haven't you?) whereas Javi isn't even on the bench for Spain. Well, theres the answer to a frankly sorta - with all due respect - foolish question.

Now I get it. When Javi got to Bayern Del Bosque used to build the team around Spain's former U20 captain. So yes; there's a very high probability that will happen again (him getting a call up, Javi is quite a good midfielder too), but Bayern isn't playing phisical football a la 2013 trashing of Barza anymore. These days Bayern can go neck in neck on possesion with any team in the world and in this sense a 100 passes per game regista is required more than a 50 pass per game deep laying beware-of-the-dog predator.

So please, when you ask questions like these it would be interesting if you can throw in an argument now and then other than ' he used to rock back in 2013 you ungrateful piece of _____' arguments that I saw the other day.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:42 am

Yeap I am 34. not that old but I ve seen pretty much all games from recent history as my father is also a FCB fan. Anyways I wont give any explanation why I want Javi as DM because it seems you guys are happy with Thiago playing that role, maybe coz you like the way he claps his hands ;) BUT I am sure Jupp wont play anyone there except Javi when he is fit.

and different opinion= dumb? since when?
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion