You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Where do you think Javi Martínez should play?

Very regularly in midfield
60%
Rotated in midfield
19%
Very regularly in defence
7%
Rotated in defence
7%
Backup player wherever needed
7%
He should not play
No votes

Total votes : 42

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby envagyokazapad » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:44 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:He got caught out of position a couple of times and should have been sent off for the hand ball save, a situation which was entirely created by another mistake he made a couple of seconds before. He's a very likable character, and has played well this season - but not this game.
like Dumbledore said, Technically he may not have had a great game, but he went in on every challenge right after an injury. That sort of commitment doesn't go unnoticed. So I'm willing to look past the lucky calls for his beast of a attitude.

I like the fighter attitude, but...it works better with players who actually manage to stay healthy for more than a few games at a time.

For me Hummels has been the best CB this season, there's no contest. Javi is doing a lot better than next season though.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:55 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:Javi is doing a lot better than last season though.

I agree.
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:04 pm

if Javi plays like the DM from 2013, he's never going to make it healthy.

You guys are risking his long term health by putting him as a DM imo
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:25 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:Javi is doing a lot better than next season though.

Damn we should sell him this summer then :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Javi Martinez is one of the players that are shining under Ancelotti and at this moment they are very few!

Hummels,Ribery,Martinez and Thiago are the only players that have stabilized their performances above average while Hummels in my humble opinion is the best and the most consistent player of all due to lack of injuries mostly because Ribery's stats are marvellous considering his age and that under Pep looked like finished!

Javi Martinez is the next only because of his injuries, when the season started he was the boss of our defense providing everything in Boateng's absence, literally a rock solid wall. Against Leverkusen he was less good than the usual but he won so many challenges that I can't badmouth him, he corrected his mistakes.

We have been very unlucky due to a massive group of players being in a bad shape at the same time!!!
Muller,Lahm,Alaba,Boateng are very crucial individuals to make this team work like clockwork and it's not entirely up to Ancelotti. Lahm in the two previous games especially under Neverkusen he made in a single game as many defensive errors as he does in whole year. Alaba's crosses and offensive game in general makes Bernat seem a much more reliable threat and I'm not joking, it's not Ancelotti's fault that Lahm doesn't double his opponent or loses on 1v1 situations nor Alaba's crosses to nowhere. About Muller OK... he definitely screwed up and makes Thomas life difficult with his tactics but honestly how many clear chances did Muller blow up which in other case a "in-shape Muller" would have nailed? 5 or 6 at least!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:08 pm

Achilles wrote:Javi Martinez is one of the players that are shining under Ancelotti and at this moment they are very few!

Hummels,Ribery,Martinez and Thiago are the only players that have stabilized their performances above average while Hummels in my humble opinion is the best and the most consistent player of all due to lack of injuries mostly because Ribery's stats are marvellous considering his age and that under Pep looked like finished!

Javi Martinez is the next only because of his injuries, when the season started he was the boss of our defense providing everything in Boateng's absence, literally a rock solid wall. Against Leverkusen he was less good than the usual but he won so many challenges that I can't badmouth him, he corrected his mistakes.

We have been very unlucky due to a massive group of players being in a bad shape at the same time!!!
Muller,Lahm,Alaba,Boateng are very crucial individuals to make this team work like clockwork and it's not entirely up to Ancelotti. Lahm in the two previous games especially under Neverkusen he made in a single game as many defensive errors as he does in whole year. Alaba's crosses and offensive game in general makes Bernat seem a much more reliable threat and I'm not joking, it's not Ancelotti's fault that Lahm doesn't double his opponent or loses on 1v1 situations nor Alaba's crosses to nowhere. About Muller OK... he definitely screwed up and makes Thomas life difficult with his tactics but honestly how many clear chances did Muller blow up which in other case a "in-shape Muller" would have nailed? 5 or 6 at least!

Well said. Id go further. Playing on the RW is no excuse for Müller cause he is used to that in the NT. So Manu players unexcusably underperforming is not on Carlo.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:26 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Playing on the RW is no excuse for Müller cause he is used to that in the NT. So Manu players unexcusably underperforming is not on Carlo.

Off-topic but Müller's role and position is not such a black-and-white thing to assess. "He played on the right before, so he should be able to now" hides the intricacies of his role or profile. In the most recent Bayern and Germany systems he is required to be an RW who has to do things on the ball. That's not his strength, his technical skill is not better than a mid-table average winger. In our treble season, despite being a nominal RW when Robben was benched, he 1) drifted inside to add numbers to the opposing box; 2) launched one-time low crosses; and 3) pull defenders away from Mandzukic, Kroos and Ribery.

In the Euros he had no other top forward to support and was required to be an outlet. That's not his style. It's not that he's asked to play as an RW now and he can't play RW - it's that he's asked to hold the ball for more than 10 seconds and beat 2-3 players with it. I feel like whether it's Müller or Robben as the RW, Ancelotti would tell them the exact same instructions, "get on the ball and do stuff with it". Jupp and Pep are too intelligent for that.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:44 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Playing on the RW is no excuse for Müller cause he is used to that in the NT. So Manu players unexcusably underperforming is not on Carlo.

Off-topic but Müller's role and position is not such a black-and-white thing to assess. "He played on the right before, so he should be able to now" hides the intricacies of his role or profile. In the most recent Bayern and Germany systems he is required to be an RW who has to do things on the ball. That's not his strength, his technical skill is not better than a mid-table average winger. In our treble season, despite being a nominal RW when Robben was benched, he 1) drifted inside to add numbers to the opposing box; 2) launched one-time low crosses; and 3) pull defenders away from Mandzukic, Kroos and Ribery.

In the Euros he had no other top forward to support and was required to be an outlet. That's not his style. It's not that he's asked to play as an RW now and he can't play RW - it's that he's asked to hold the ball for more than 10 seconds and beat 2-3 players with it. I feel like whether it's Müller or Robben as the RW, Ancelotti would tell them the exact same instructions, "get on the ball and do stuff with it". Jupp and Pep are too intelligent for that.

i mostly agree! But it is Carlo asking the wrong things from Thomas, not Thomas being unable to play on the right.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby zozon » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:55 am

Achilles wrote:

Finally some sensible and realistic post after all this "sack Carlo" bullcrap lately. I have rarely seen so much Bayern players out of shape for an extended period of time.

Amen brother.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby envagyokazapad » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:26 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:Javi is doing a lot better than next season though.

Damn we should sell him this summer then :P

Haha, even now that I re-read my post, I still didn't pick up on that :mrgreen:
Last season of course :D
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby aterford » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:34 pm

Interesting:

Can't see tweet? Click here!

(haven't individually verified these stats so if they're wrong my bad)
aterford
I post all the time

Postby Bentonomo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:32 am

key player
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby Achilles » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:43 am

Javi Martinez is the real deal and back again as one of Bayern's main weapon! From the destroyer role under Heynckes a quite flashy DM he became Hummels silence partner to provide some balance compared to risky style of Boateng!

Javi had only one bad game that against Leverkusen which at the end we won and after many mistakes in that game from him he came back steady into the game, we all remember and look back the beast in the middle I'm 100% sure that he still is the destroyer of Bilbao and 2013s because I see his hustle when he defends on 1v1 in defense, he still has that aggressiveness but from the raw style "I'm gonna get that ball" he went to more mature playing style while playing as CB he is using more n more his head and his tactical awareness to avoid some unnecessary battles but with the same result, lock down his opponent! Of course the Martinez-Schweinsteiger both at their peak it's unbeatable by any duo we could possibly forge within our current roster but I recall some posts that Javi ain't the player of the past or that he has lost it... NONSENSE!
Last edited by Achilles on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby aterford » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:08 am

Frankly he has been our best CB this season.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:32 am

CB or CDM I believe in Martinez's quality, he has shown he can play in both positions at a world class level but I definitely would prefer to see him in the midfield again....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion