You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jan Schlaudraff

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby MunchenFC » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:30 pm

Also podolski :lol: it is hard to start over poldi and then luca or miro
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Schlaudraff Hands In Transfer Demand

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:08 pm

Bayern Munich forward Jan Schlaudraff has asked the club for a transfer away from the club in a bid to find regular football.

Schlaudraff’s days at the Allianz Arena look to be numbered after asking the Bavarian giants for a move.

The former Alemannia Aachen striker joined Bayern in the summer on a three year contract, but wants to leave after seeing his first team opportunities severely limited this season.

“Jan has asked us for a transfer, and we have agreed to his request” explained Bayern manager Uli Hoeneß.

Schlaudraff wants to stay in the Bundesliga and there is sure to be plenty of interest in the forward, who broke into the German international squad last season.

Since his free transfer from Aachen, the 24 year old has only made five league appearances for Bayern.

Hannover have reportedly already made an enquiry for the player.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:11 pm

I don't blame Jan. I blame Hitzfeld for never giving him a chance. He was the best striker during the winter training camp. He should have been given a chance to start and be able to prove himself.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:57 pm

I am surprised that he didn't ask for a transfer earlier. Well he has patience. I also blame Hitzfeld for not giving him a chance, not even a decent quarter of an hour in the league! Maybe he could have played alongside Toni when Klose and Podolski weren't at their best and prove that he is also a dangerous and talented striker. Bayern didn't handle this transfer properly. They brought him in for a free transfer but nonetheless paid wages. He has been at Bayern for only a year but Bayern are already eager to sell him even though it is for his own good. Maybe under Klinsmann he would have a more active role in the team.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernglasgowfan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:30 pm

I'm also surprised it didn't happen earlier. Bayern rushed into buying him (probably on the strength of his performance in Aachens cup victory against us?).

He never showed enough and was not given enough opportunity to make a firm opinion as to how good he really is - perhaps a case of a big fish in a small pond at Aachen but found wanting at a team like Bayern?

Hannover have been mentioned as a possible destination, if so they are fast becoming a recycling club for our mis-fits (Hashemain, Ismael....)
Bayernglasgowfan
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:11 am

Bayernglasgowfan wrote:I'm also surprised it didn't happen earlier. Bayern rushed into buying him (probably on the strength of his performance in Aachens cup victory against us?).

i thought we'd agreed his transfer before the cup match??
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Bayernglasgowfan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:55 am

You may be right kev! Just shows how little impact Jan has actually made since his arrival.

Also he has not really settled in Munich from all accounts (trouble with his accomodation and not a fan of beer and wurtst!)
Bayernglasgowfan
Getting the hang of it

Postby chori123 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:46 am

What? Schlaudraff has declared that he wants to go, cause he does not play in Bayern, Hannover, Stuttgart, Hertha are showing interest on Schlaudraff..
chori123
Getting the hang of it

Postby chori123 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:48 am

MUTU wrote:I don't blame Jan. I blame Hitzfeld for never giving him a chance. He was the best striker during the winter training camp. He should have been given a chance to start and be able to prove himself.

Yes, but imagine that Podolski got his chance very late, and Podolski is much better than Schlaudraff.. but Schlaudraff has quality too..

But, i wonder why Hitzfeld said before the second round start, that Schlaudraff was the 3rd striker, and now Podolski is playing regularly..

I think Schlaudraff did something wrong, like dont training to full potential or something like that, cause in winter he was scoring nice goals in the friendlys..
chori123
Getting the hang of it

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:50 pm

The limited time he played in competitive matches, he showed that he is very talented and Bayern needs to retain him. Look at the Frankfurt match, he bolstered the midfield and his acceleration is amazing. He also got an assist to Toni resulting in the third goal.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernJ » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:18 am

Schlaudraff set for Bayern exit
Striker granted permission to leave club in summer

Bayern Munich executive manager Uli Hoeness has confirmed that Jan Schlaudraff can leave the club in the summer.

The Germany international has struggled during his first season at the Allianz Arena since joining from Aachen last summer.

Schlaudraff has failed to start a single match for Bayern this campaign and has only made five Bundesliga appearances as a substitute.

The 24-year-old forward has now enquired about his future prospects at the club and has been told he can leave despite holding a contract through to 2009.

Reports

"Jan has asked us to let him leave the club and we have decided to grant him his wish," Hoeness told tz.

Dortmund, Stuttgart and Hertha have all reportedly enquired about Schlaudraff during the season, but press reports claim that Hannover 96 are favourites to capture his signature.
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby walter » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:11 pm

the way the management has treated Jan is really shitty. Why is it that Podolski deserves multiple opportunities to prove himself even when most of his performances have been subpar (with a few good games in between), and Schlaudraff rarely gets any? and now that he finally decides he wants to leave (after they tell him he has no chance at Bayern) they give him some playing time and he proves he does have something to contribute to the team...
Podolski never impressed coming from the bench and needed several games to start showing some of his talent...Schlaudraff gets his first opportunity in the second half of the season and amazes with his pace and a pinpoint precision pass for Toni to just tap in the goal... shame on the management...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby andresdonado15 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:47 am

yeahh......it is a really bad thing from the management.......it appears to be that Uli is a really arrogant person.............he is a really fine sporting director........but i realise that he has a high ego......he shouldnt threat jan in that manner......he is a talented guy.........i think......he should go on loan....to a club like Sttutgart......that has a good sporting environment..........where he can make the step ahead.........and reach a line up place
andresdonado15
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:57 am

Yep, the management treated Jan badly and Hitzfeld too. :x
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:42 pm

I might have said this before, but it should be remembered that Jan was bought last season before Magath was sacked, and when it still looked like Bayern had a shot at the title. Obviously things didn't stay like that for very long, and we all know what happened in the summer. That's no excuse for his lack of playing time/treatment by the board, but the point is he wasn't Hitzfeld's signing and that no doubt has been hurting his chances. Based on what we saw on Wednesday I wouldn't ming seeing him on loan, but who knows what will happen...
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion