You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jan Kirchhoff

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Jan Kirchhoff

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Heldt: Schalke interested in Kirchhoff

The general manager of the Gelsenkirchen side has confessed the club want to bolster their defensive ranks, and see the centre-back as a possible solution.

Schalke are interested in Mainz defender Jan Kirchhoff, general manager Horst Heldt has confirmed.

The Gelsenkirchen side are short defensively and, with key centre-back Kyriakos Papadopoulos out of action through injury, the Champions League-chasing side may well opt to bolster their ranks in the January transfer window.

Heldt admitted that no contact has yet been made with their Bundesliga rivals, but admitted Kirchhoff is on their radar, with his current deal set to expire this coming summer.

"This [Kirchhoff] is an interesting player, whose contract expires at the end of the season," the club's chief said to Reviersport.

"We have contacted his agent because he has some of our players under contract.

“Currently we have had no contact with Mainz, but the fact is that through the even longer injury-induced loss of Kyriakos Papadopoulo, we need cover in the centre of defence."

Schalke currently sit seventh in Germany's top flight - 17 points behind leaders Bayern Munich - a deficit that resulted in the sacking of coach Huub Stevens 10 days ago.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... eakingnews
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Papadopoulos is out for the long term? That sucks, I love the guy. Schalke really ought to make sure he stays and not bet on possible duds like Kirchhoff here just because he's cheap.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Element » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Christian Heidel,manager of Mainz announced that Jan Kirchhoff will leave Mainz at the end of this season (for free on a bosman)

He also ruled out selling him in winter
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:18 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:23 am

Seems like they've pulled one out of Bayern's bag of tricks (see Klose transfer to FC Bayern) and will try to get him for cheap in winter. In a way that'd be beneficial to the Bundesliga as well, seeing as to how Schalke are playing in Europe and Mainz aren't.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby rotweiss » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:47 am

MUTU wrote:Seems like they've pulled one out of Bayern's bag of tricks (see Klose transfer to FC Bayern) and will try to get him for cheap in winter. In a way that'd be beneficial to the Bundesliga as well, seeing as to how Schalke are playing in Europe and Mainz aren't.

Makes perfect sense if you really think about it, Schalke need to do something to turn the ship around because it is sailing into the rocks right now and some help on defense sure couldn't hurt. If Mainz are not using him they might as well take some money now to get something out of him, otherwise you got a very unhappy camper in the locker room till May. Schalke also stand to gain some extra CL money if the can progress past Gala in the round of 16.
rotweiss
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:43 am

HOLY GOD!!
bild just reported that FC Bayern came to an agreement with Jan Kirchhoff and that he will come for free at the end of the season
http://wap.bild.de/newsticker-meldungen ... .bild.html

Karl-heinz Rumennigge has confirmed that and said that he is happy that Kirchhoff picked bayern

bad move from both sides IMO
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby smaw2010 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:50 am

Element wrote:HOLY GOD!!
bild just reported that FC Bayern came to an agreement with Jan Kirchhoff and that he will come for free at the end of the season
http://wap.bild.de/newsticker-meldungen ... .bild.html

Karl-heinz Rumennigge has confirmed that and said that he is happy that Kirchhoff picked bayern

bad move from both sides IMO

That's not a bad move, we have a solid backup CB for the future. But I wanted him to come before the winter break ends, so he is an option in the CL.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 am

Was about to post this.

Element wrote:bad move from both sides IMO

He's young and he's free (Is he wild as well? :P ). There's not much risk involved in my opinion, and other top German clubs were scouting him, so they must see something good in him. He'll be the fourth choice, and I'm confident he can do that well.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:57 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Was about to post this.

He's young and he's free (Is he wild as well? :P ). There's not much risk involved in my opinion, and other top German clubs were scouting him, so they must see something good in him. He'll be the fourth choice, and I'm confident he can do that well.

A player this age being happy to be 4th CB is surely an idiot

And for 4th choice i prefer a 35-year old player with experience
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby NikolajFromDenmark » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:59 am

On Bayern facebook now
NikolajFromDenmark
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:59 am

Element wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Was about to post this.

A player this age being happy to be 4th CB is surely an idiot

And for 4th choice i prefer a 35-year old player with experience

Me too, but it's not a bad move anyway, and there are some of us who actually do prefer a younger 4th choice.

I don't follow the German youth teams, but according to wikipedia he scored 3 goals in 17 games for the U-21 last year. Not bad for a centre-back.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:04 pm

A centreback's skills aren't measured by how many goals he scores, but by how many he prevents. He's a great prospect and essentially he's the replacement for Breno. Dante is the new van Buyten (old and experienced) whereas Kirchhoff is the new Breno (please, no fire jokes).
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:08 pm

MUTU wrote:A centreback's skills aren't measured by how many goals he scores, but by how many he prevents.

Of course not, but it's always good to have centre-backs capable of scoring every now and then, especially since most of their goals come from set pieces. Apart from DVB (who rarely plays) and one goal by Dante this season, I can't remember any of our other CBs scoring recently.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby smaw2010 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:13 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:A centreback's skills aren't measured by how many goals he scores, but by how many he prevents.

Of course not, but it's always good to have centre-backs capable of scoring every now and then, especially since most of their goals come from set pieces. Apart from DVB (who rarely plays) and one goal by Dante this season, I can't remember any of our other CBs scoring recently.

A centerback is a defender, so I personally think that a centre back's main job is to defend against goals. His secondary job is attack.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion