You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby prasun77 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:09 pm

Do you have any idea how much revenue loss cutting 4 teams from the league cost?
Do you think fans would agree to it (less no. of matches)?

International month talk is already underway..but it will take a few years.

Spain vs Gibraltar can't/shouldn't be avoided..everyne deserves his/her chance..What if Germany refuse to play Malta? how would you feel?
It happens a lot in Asia..trust me I know how it feels.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:40 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Fu k international football during the
season...

Fifa should alloate a month or two for international football. And not in between league / cup games....

First of all teams should be reduced to 14 or 16 teams per league in order to reduce the fixtures...

Then stop the league in November so that international football is played during that month and maybe December also...
Or insteas of December it will be June...

Also they should reduce international matches by at least four games by avoiding having games involving Germany v Gibraltar , Spain v Liechtenstein and England v San Marino

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

You’re right - England would likely lose...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:51 pm

prasun77 wrote:Do you have any idea how much revenue loss cutting 4 teams from the league cost?

Spain vs Gibraltar can't/shouldn't be avoided..everyne deserves his/her chance..What if Germany refuse to play Malta? how would you feel?

Actually Spain vs Gibraltar is not possible. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:58 pm

prasun77 wrote:Do you have any idea how much revenue loss cutting 4 teams from the league cost?

Malta as well... there should be first a league with the worst teams, then the best four will advance to the next stage and earn the right to play wirh the big teams.

As for the leagues... 14 maybe too much... but 16 is the best scenario...
30games

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:00 pm

MaCk0y wrote:

Actually Spain vs Gibraltar is not possible. :P
Exactly . In fact I wrote Ger v Gib

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:45 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Malta as well... there should be first a league with the worst teams, then the best four will advance to the next stage and earn the right to play wirh the big teams.

But you have to admit these games (vs Italy and England in recent years) are our FA's biggest source of income...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:47 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Malta as well... there should be first a league with the worst teams, then the best four will advance to the next stage and earn the right to play wirh the big teams.

But you have to admit these games (vs Italy and England in recent years) are our FA's biggest source of income...

Only because most people are only going to the stadium to watch the opponents because they know that Malta has very little chance of progressing. However, should they be paired up with teams of the same level, where Malta can start competing (kind of like how the UEFA Nations League is going to be), then one should expect to see an increase of people going to the stadium for the right thing: supporting their country.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Only because most people are only going to the stadium to watch the opponents because they know that Malta has very little chance of progressing. However, should they be paired up with teams of the same level, where Malta can start competing (kind of like how the UEFA Nations League is going to be), then one should expect to see an increase of people going to the stadium for the right thing: supporting their country.
Next Sun vs Estonia @ 15:00
Free entrance

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Next Sun vs Estonia @ 15:00
Free entrance

Yes but what's the point? I've watched Malta many times, and never saw them win. The best result I watched was the 2-2 against Turkey when Turkey were at their best. So yes, you do celebrate a draw as a 'small win' but you know they will never get through to the next stage because the competition in the qualifiers is too much. If it had different stages in qualifiers where the weak teams would compete between themselves first, perhaps we'd be able to cheer Malta going through to the next qualification stage.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:42 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Fu k international football during the
season...

Fifa should alloate a month or two for international football. And not in between league / cup games....

First of all teams should be reduced to 14 or 16 teams per league in order to reduce the fixtures...

Then stop the league in November so that international football is played during that month and maybe December also...
Or insteas of December it will be June...

Also they should reduce international matches by at least four games by avoiding having games involving Germany v Gibraltar , Spain v Liechtenstein and England v San Marino

I thought you were previously one of the underdog's advocates? I agree with eliminating the "pre-decided" goalfests. Don't think your other proposals are viable for marketing and commercial reasons; fans of international football (casual-er fans most likely) would only have their fun once a year. And reducing the number of teams in first divisions would be highly opposed by the whole bottom half of each league (plus the top half of the second one); making it a difficult decision to pass through.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Agree with Ramsej that international football should be consolidated. It’s ridiculous for players to have to travel across continents and for club campaigns to be suspended. Anyway seems like a win win for club and FA. We already spend most of our prayers hoping players don’t get hurt, and if it could be separated the international football would most likely be better if we avoided clubs finding excuses for their players, and if they got a consistent run together. Leaving aside that i don’t understand what fan enjoys watching something like Germany v Gibraltar and gets a kick out of world class professionals destroy a team of amateurs, I also just don’t understand what fan wants the international break spread out so he can get his fun every four weeks.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:01 pm

pyrasur wrote: Leaving aside that i don’t understand what fan enjoys watching something like Germany v Gibraltar and gets a kick out of world class professionals destroy a team of amateurs.

Well... Don't you enjoy our yearly meetings with Arsenal?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby pyrasur » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Not enough to want to join them in the Europa League where they belong instead of playing us
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby prasun77 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:40 pm

As Ramsej pointed out and I will give another example..
India vs Nepal football match..10 rs ticket still nobody goes to watch..
When Argentina came a stadium with capacity 70,000 got booked.
If these matches are not played we will starve.
Also the stronger teams can test their reserves.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Jorge » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:45 pm

But don't we all know that signing South American players come with this type of problems? South America runs the longest World Cup qualification of any region (18 games per team) and the travel distances are insane, it also works the opposite way: some NT coaches leave out certain European based players because it is easier to integrate domestic based players to the camps. True that they do not have qualification for Copa America but then they schedule money-making friendlies on the "free" FIFA dates that are more and more in the Middle East or far Asia.

Many times when we discuss if Bayern should have more German players in the roster some believe that it is purely bias against mainly South American players but it is reality that adaptation has been an issue throughout the years and add this other issue: schedule for NT duties.

I would say more: a typical Danish, Polish or Dutch player adapts quicker to the Bundesliga than a Spanish, Portuguese or Italian player, obviously you can find exceptions to these rules. It is a matter of natural idiosyncrasy.

Unless the South American player is a clear improvement over the other prospect German or European player it is a safer bet to go with the latter.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion