You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:56 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:Do we? What’s on his list except a good WC?

I‘m not trying to badmouth him, but that kind of worship is ridiculous IMHO...
It's not worship man... We are just saying James is already a proven WC player.

He was sensational for Madrid until Zidane arrived and stopped playing him to accommodate Casemiro. How Isco got in front of him is beyond me. Even then, whenever Zidane spared him some minutes, he delivered. Great stats in his limited minutes.

And if you don't value any of those, just watch him play. The kind of passes he pulls off, the goals he scores, his vision... He is an incredibly talented player.

Even if you don't agree with him being an *already* *proven* *WC* player, you have to admit that the whole "Real fodder" and "send him packing during winter" stuff was RI-DI-CU-LOUS.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

you speak like he has 20 passes and 30goals. lets not forget until last week it was goal. 1( one) goal.
#12 said it right he must deliver. he is wc or whatever you like to call him but he must show it.he start to play better but lets wait and see.
I dont think he played better than tolisso or rudy or sule. all of them did decent games.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby tflags » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:25 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:
I dont think he played better than tolisso or rudy or sule. all of them did decent games.

You are comparing James to defensive midfielders and a CB the size of Mount Everest. Man that's bold.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:30 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

He was sensational for Madrid until Zidane arrived and stopped playing him to accommodate Casemiro. How Isco got in front of him is beyond me. Even then, whenever Zidane spared him some minutes, he delivered. Great stats in his limited minutes.

And if you don't value any of those, just watch him play. The kind of passes he pulls off, the goals he scores, his vision... He is an incredibly talented player.

Even if you don't agree with him being an *already* *proven* *WC* player, you have to admit that the whole "Real fodder" and "send him packing during winter" stuff was RI-DI-CU-LOUS.

you speak like he has 20 passes and 30goals. lets not forget until last week it was goal. 1( one) goal.
#12 said it right he must deliver. he is wc or whatever you like to call him but he must show it.he start to play better but lets wait and see.

He’s hardly gotten to play a fraction of the games they have and he joined the team much later than they did, until he has reached peak fitness and gotten used to his new team and environment it is quite unfair to compare....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:43 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:

That’s the same extreme headed in the other direction... WC is a label that is dished out WAYYYY too easily nowadays... You become WC by being ->consistently<- outstanding... He has been good for a few months... If he brings this back on a regular basis I‘ll join you... As for our current squad: very few are WC in my book...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MoFattal » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:43 pm

James is a top player. He has shown that on various occasions before. However, it is not wrong to demand more from him. If his current performances are "world class", then we're in trouble. The same goes for some of our other players, not only James, mind you. He will be given the time he deserves to show the class he has. No one is sending him packing to Madrid just yet. But, since he is actually believed to be a world-class player, then we need to see the required performances CONSISTENTLY on the field to be able to judge him accordingly. Personally, I believe he can make it big here, and this period is a big chance for him to show that with the absence of many attackers. It is not wrong to expect him to "prove" himself. If his world-class status cannot be disputed, then by the same logic we have let go of one of the best managers in world football a few weeks back.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:09 pm

Man, he's completely new to the league, to the German lifestyle, to the club's philosophy and apart from that he's been injured twice and having missed the pre season because of that

He has barely had any continuity. he's just showing some glimpses of his class cause he's out of form.

Give him 10 games and ramsej and effenberg will never post in this thread again :lol:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:11 pm

Funny thing is that James was a steal. He came for a ridiculously cheap price

I can't quite understand the logic behind Wriedt is a fighter, I like players like him. James sucks, send him back to Real
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:32 pm

Bayern Munich's James Rodriguez: "I really like it here"
Injury may have prevented James Rodriguez from hitting the ground running at Bayern Munich, but now that he is back to full fitness the Colombian attacker is certainly making up for lost time.

The 26-year-old netted the opener in Bayern's 2-0 win against RB Leipzig on Saturday – his first at home for the Bavarians – taking him to two goals and an assist in five Bundesliga outings so far. We caught up with him for his thoughts on that match, and how he's settling in Munich so far...

Question: James Rodriguez, congratulations on scoring your second goal for Bayern…

James Rodriguez: Thank you. It was a wonderful feeling to score for the first time in front of our fans at the Allianz Arena. I think we played well overall. We created some good chances against Leipzig and the three points were never in doubt after we went in front.Question: How are you settling in Munich now that you've been here for two months?

James: I had some pain in my back before the DFB Cup game against Leipzig last Wednesday, but I'm back to my best now. I try to give my all in every training session in order to show my qualities in our matches. Obviously I still need to adapt to my new life here in Munich, but it's getting better every day. I like it here.

Question: It has been reported in the media that you've had some difficulty adapting. Can you explain more about that?

James: Life here is something completely new to me and I also have to get used to Bayern's playing style. That's not something that happens overnight. And that's before we talk about how cold it is! [laughs] But at the end of the day the only thing that matters here is the football, a game that's the same wherever in the world you play it. I'm doing what I love and I'm happy to be doing that here. Games like the one today, where I achieve what I set out to do, give me strength for the challenges ahead.

Question: Jupp Heynckes has singled you out for praise in press conferences and underlined your importance for the team. What is your relationship like with the new head coach?

James: It's great. He's a very experienced coach who exudes calm and poise. You can tell he's seen a lot in his long career as a coach. I'm trying to do exactly what I did with all my previous coaches: take his ideas on board, learn from him and grow as a footballer. The fact he speaks Spanish obviously makes things much easier for me.Question: You came to Bayern at the request of Carlo Ancelotti, who was dismissed just a few games into the season. Are you sad about his departure?

James: Nobody likes it when these things happen, but unfortunately that's the way football is. Those of us who live in this world have to realise that and adapt to it. You always have to be aware that things can change very suddenly. All I can say is that I'm very grateful to Carlo for everything I was able to learn from him.

Question: What role does Heynckes envisage for you?

James: I don't think my position is going to change very much under the new coach. I played out wide against Leipzig and there were a few occasions where I was able to create some dangerous moments.

Question: And you did so despite not being used to the freezing temperatures in Munich…

James: That's true, but I've tried to be well prepared for the winter. One jacket wasn't enough so I bought a couple of them so that I wouldn't be cold. It really is very cold here but I don't mind it too much. I consider my time in Munich as a new life for me and that involves experiencing new things. I like it more with each passing day.
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
India

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:50 pm

The second unit won the La Liga for them last season.This season the things are going to be different.

Cristiano Ronaldo insists Real Madrid should not have sold Alvaro Morata, James Rodriguez and Pepe with only ‘future stars’ coming in.
Los Blancos let several of their fringe players leave in summer, with only youngsters coming in as major reinforcements [source]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:35 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby prasun77 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:37 pm

Now where are those guys who said "Who fears James Rodriguez?" Schalke,RBl and BVB do..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Well tbh that second „assist“ was a joke... First one was superb though...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:19 pm

Not bad untill now, taking in consideration the minutes he played: 2 goals and 3 assists. The assist for Robben showed that top-class player that Lewandowski was screaming in Der Spiegel that Bayern need to buy, and which in our days is very expensive. Really cheap those 40 millions for the definitive transfer. In the same time we wasted 41 millions on Tolliso.
Mircea_1984
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:03 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Fu k international football during the
season...

Fifa should alloate a month or two for international football. And not in between league / cup games....

First of all teams should be reduced to 14 or 16 teams per league in order to reduce the fixtures...

Then stop the league in November so that international football is played during that month and maybe December also...
Or insteas of December it will be June...

Also they should reduce international matches by at least four games by avoiding having games involving Germany v Gibraltar , Spain v Liechtenstein and England v San Marino

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion