You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:42 am

How many of you guys think he can turn things around and become a key member of the squad? I didn't have much confidence starting off with but he's not even meeting the low expectations I had for him.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kod2600 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:06 am

I don't know but being subbed in half-time against Hamburg doesn't seem too good for him.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Manchu » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 am

MUTU wrote:How many of you guys think he can turn things around and become a key member of the squad? I didn't have much confidence starting off with but he's not even meeting the low expectations I had for him.

This seems to be a very reactive point of view. This was the first game that he didn't meet "expectations," and he had to deal with a horrible midfield pairing behind him. Muller dealt better with this, but Muller is the equivalent of Messi rather than the equivalent of Neymar. To write off such a talented player off now before hardly giving him a chance would be quite foolhardy.

Moreover, he will get plenty of chances. Our attack is stretched very thin, and James will end up playing quite a few minutes whether you like it or not. It is still is very probable that he will integrate well and at the very least become a key option from the bench in big games.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Achilles » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:43 am

MUTU wrote:How many of you guys think he can turn things around and become a key member of the squad? I didn't have much confidence starting off with but he's not even meeting the low expectations I had for him.

He has time to prove if he is worthy or not we're just in October and as it seems only Muller is his direct competition for the spot, I think he can manage but performances like that against HSV won't help him.

I really want him to succeed because he is a very technical player and puts fantasy in his plays but I'm afraid that I have false hopes about him since the day we announced him. Heynckes at the moment has a specific plan in his mind including 13-14 footballers as it seems and he'll follow that until the mini-prep of winter break where he will try to fix the "big problems" and re-adjust our team accordingly. Until then it will be hard for any of the players that Jupp doesn't have in his rotational plan. The line ups against Leipzig will tell us more(if everybody is fit) cause right now IMO the only rotational players are Sule, Javi-Vidal(as Thiago partners) depending on form and James. So obviously he isn't considered a starter and Muller is already getting better game by game.

My feeling is atm that we won't sign him permanently, as the things stands now he is too expensive(salary) and we can find better solutions plus that if he won't be a regular starter then himself will push for an exit. He is 26 and he already changed 4 clubs, not good resume.
We have time, James integration is the least of our problems now that we rolling again.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Manchu wrote:

This seems to be a very reactive point of view. This was the first game that he didn't meet "expectations," and he had to deal with a horrible midfield pairing behind him. Muller dealt better with this, but Muller is the equivalent of Messi rather than the equivalent of Neymar. To write off such a talented player off now before hardly giving him a chance would be quite foolhardy.

Moreover, he will get plenty of chances. Our attack is stretched very thin, and James will end up playing quite a few minutes whether you like it or not. It is still is very probable that he will integrate well and at the very least become a key option from the bench in big games.

Actually, he met expectations ONCE - all the other times he wasn’t even average...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pelin » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:39 am

He was good vs only Schalke.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:52 am

With the news that Müller is supposedly out 5-6 weeks it seems he'll have to get more chances. Hopefully Jupp is smart enough to not trot out the fail midfield of Vidal-Tolisso again.
Give me Lewy up top with Coman - James - Robben behind. Thiago - Javi or Thiago - Rudy double six. I think he'll do just fine like that. Stick Tolisso - Vidal behind him and he will fail.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:30 am

#12 wrote:Actually, he met expectations ONCE - all the other times he wasn’t even average...

He was also very good against Anderlecht and pretty good against Celtic after he came on while being poor against PSG(like the rest of the team) and Hamburg(which I suspect has to do with the low quality of the midfield behind him). Overall, he's played so little so far it's hard to judge his strength. But arguing about it is pointless: if Muller is really out for more than a month, then we will find out one way or the other soon.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BayernCanada » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:13 pm

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 8767611905

Anyone have more info regarding this?
BayernCanada
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Ouch, back problems.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby James11 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:33 pm

I hope it's all ok. Need him tomorrow
James11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:34 pm

James11 wrote:I hope it's all ok. Need him tomorrow

He's out for tomorrow. Didn't even travel.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby James11 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:37 pm

MUTU wrote:
James11 wrote:I hope it's all ok. Need him tomorrow

He's out for tomorrow. Didn't even travel.

Im confused, club media have not published he will not be available.
James11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby electronicmaji » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:29 pm

James will probably not do well in Bayern.

His wife left him because he decided to come to Bayern and took his kid with her who he loves very much. He's alone in a country with a language he doesn't speak. The person who told him to come to the team has been fired because of a mutiny of people he can't even speak to.

It's quite evident. He hasn't even played well for Colombia.

He needs to leave Bayern and go to a team where he can be a guaranteed starter and find someone who he can speak to again to get over his broken heart. Maybe Tottenham or Monaco again.

Going to Bayern and divorcing his wife was a mistake as was joining Real Madrid. All they do is ruin players. He needed to go to a team that would value and foster his talent and make him a centerpiece of their team. He can't do that in Germany. They don't even understand latin players very well.

It's time for him to move on.
electronicmaji
First post

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:59 pm

electronicmaji wrote:James will probably not do well in Bayern.

His wife left him because he decided to come to Bayern and took his kid with her who he loves very much. He's alone in a country with a language he doesn't speak. The person who told him to come to the team has been fired because of a mutiny of people he can't even speak to.

It's quite evident. He hasn't even played well for Colombia.

He needs to leave Bayern and go to a team where he can be a guaranteed starter and find someone who he can speak to again to get over his broken heart. Maybe Tottenham or Monaco again.

Going to Bayern and divorcing his wife was a mistake as was joining Real Madrid. All they do is ruin players. He needed to go to a team that would value and foster his talent and make him a centerpiece of their team. He can't do that in Germany. They don't even understand latin players very well.

It's time for him to move on.
Well, that or he can find the strength to power through. I prefer the latter.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion