You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:45 pm

I wonder if the fact that we haven't triggered the buying clause yet (and probably won't for at least a year and a half) would affect his shirt sales; as in, how likely is it for a James fan (e.g. a Colombian) to be discouraged from buying the shirt on the basis that he is on loan and could potentially be back at Real Madrid in 2 years' time?

Also, do we have any statistics on shirt sales? I'd like to know just how well he's doing compared to the rest of the team.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:36 pm

James Rodríguez is set to make his Bundesliga debut against Hoffenheim on Saturday [bundesliga]

Send via carrier pigeon.
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby La Bestia Negra » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:29 pm

MUTU wrote:I wonder if the fact that we haven't triggered the buying clause yet (and probably won't for at least a year and a half) would affect his shirt sales; as in, how likely is it for a James fan (e.g. a Colombian) to be discouraged from buying the shirt on the basis that he is on loan and could potentially be back at Real Madrid in 2 years' time?

Also, do we have any statistics on shirt sales? I'd like to know just how well he's doing compared to the rest of the team.

I'm assuming you mean someone wh follows the player rather than the team, I would expect them not to care so much (since it'll still be a James shirt no matter if he plays here or wherever). But for general Bayern fans I would guess they'd be more discouraged because he may well go back to Madrid in 2 years. I know for me that's a deterrent (not the only one but it's a factor).
"Müller spielt bei mir immer"-
La Bestia Negra
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby hgb09 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:52 am

He's not going anywhere, he's gonna be a star and we're gonna pay the clause
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby aterford » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:30 am

I'd be interested to see the numbers as well. Our social numbers went thru the roof when we signed him.

That being said, I'd be shocked if we didn't sign him, unless his play falls off a cliff or he suffers a catastrophic injury
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Pelin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:09 pm

it's very early to say about it. At first James should prove himself.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Hardrade » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:20 pm

MUTU wrote:I wonder if the fact that we haven't triggered the buying clause yet (and probably won't for at least a year and a half) would affect his shirt sales; as in, how likely is it for a James fan (e.g. a Colombian) to be discouraged from buying the shirt on the basis that he is on loan and could potentially be back at Real Madrid in 2 years' time?

I find it unlikely and bit over-thought to ponder over whether a fan will be considering his contract upon buying the jersey. :D It's not much of an investment, he's not really buying James himself. :D

I also believe that we'll surely activate that clause unless he turns into Jonathan Woodgate level disaster :D
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:08 pm

as long as he doesn play or score goals I dont think his sales are too high.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby endrity » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:46 pm

Very positive cameo by him in the end, I thought he brought a lot of activity and link up play that was sorely missing.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Pelin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:42 pm

l wanna see James's effect in shirt sales, since l don't care about social media users. considering Germany has 30 million FB users and less than 800 k Twitter users.so l'd not care about much.

He is a hero for Colombia and they hate Zidane for destroying him. so l don't think loan move wouldn't be a problem for them. They believe in his quality. After all, James has so many woman fans. As you know, woman fans buy more shirts than us.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Achilles » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Right now I can't understand a thing about what we playing, who is a starter and who's not, it's just a mess however James entrance against Hoffe was very positive if we can find anything positive in that particular game, whatever, he has vision and the through ball(s) to give it a chance. Thiago looked off and he should have been subbed(James in)

Nevertheless I want the players to be fit and ready, no rush. If he is supposed to start slowly then do it but we need creativity upfront from our midfielders and James fortunately can give us some. Don't rush him but since he is here on loan I'd let him have 10-15 straight games to catch up when he'll be 100% fit. He looks quite desperate for regular football. Problem is that either we change the formation or one of Thiago/Muller is out.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:46 pm

Achilles wrote:Right now I can't understand a thing about what we playing, who is a starter and who's not, it's just a mess however James entrance against Hoffe was very positive if we can find anything positive in that particular game, whatever, he has vision and the through ball(s) to give it a chance. Thiago looked off and he should have been subbed(James in)

Nevertheless I want the players to be fit and ready, no rush. If he is supposed to start slowly then do it but we need creativity upfront from our midfielders and James fortunately can give us some. Don't rush him but since he is here on loan I'd let him have 10-15 straight games to catch up when he'll be 100% fit. He looks quite desperate for regular football. Problem is that either we change the formation or one of Thiago/Muller is out.

James is the most similar player to Ozil in the world. Muller and Ozil play together well all the time. I hope that we move back to a 4-2-3-1 with James in the center and Muller on one of the wings and play a midfield two of Thiago-Vidal or Thiago-Rudy. Or we could switch the position of James and Muller in order to keep Lewandowski happy.

On the other hand, Tolisso has yet to show me any reason that he should be starting or why we spent 40+ million on him. He should spend some time coming on from the bench until he gets integrated.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby endrity » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:31 pm

Manchu wrote:
Achilles wrote:Right now I can't understand a thing about what we playing, who is a starter and who's not, it's just a mess however James entrance against Hoffe was very positive if we can find anything positive in that particular game, whatever, he has vision and the through ball(s) to give it a chance. Thiago looked off and he should have been subbed(James in)

James is the most similar player to Ozil in the world. Muller and Ozil play together well all the time. I hope that we move back to a 4-2-3-1 with James in the center and Muller on one of the wings and play a midfield two of Thiago-Vidal or Thiago-Rudy. Or we could switch the position of James and Muller in order to keep Lewandowski happy.

On the other hand, Tolisso has yet to show me any reason that he should be starting or why we spent 40+ million on him. He should spend some time coming on from the bench until he gets integrated.

That's pretty much my dream scenario too. And in that version of 4-2-3-1, Muller tends to play quite close to the CF anyway so Lewa would always feel his support. It sucks for Robben but I think we need to start getting used to being less dependent on Robbery at this point.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:03 pm

Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:19 pm

Air James.
The last one is a great wallpaper.