You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby aterford » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:05 am

Pelin wrote:A friend of mine called him as Colombian Honda some weeks ago. Or Calhanaoglu, who also reminds me of this fodder. Slow, not a good dribble. though this fodder has better first touch than them. That's all.

l know reality hurts. it also hurts me. Yet, in the end we will all see the truth about him. Let's wait and see.

Oh, a friend of yours called him Colombian Honda?

Well shoot, maybe we better get you AND your buddy on the board!

Now you're saying "let's wait and see"? Just a minute ago you're saying "This was a bad transfer from day one" but now it's "let's wait and see"? Good grief.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:32 am

Seriously guys? Is this what some of you are gonna stoop down to just because you wanna be able to brag here about how you had "prophesied" that *insert players name* would be a failure at Bayern?

James injury (which I really have no idea how it happened in that game against Liverpool, only plausible explanation is playing too many times in a space of 12-15 days) is unfortunate. However to judge a player only on the basis of a few irrelevant preseason games is very very silly! I too wasn't exactly delighted by James coming to Bayern, but still I won't wish failure on one of our bright new signings. The success of the team comes first and foremost and therefore I want all our players to have excellent performances.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:17 pm

James - if utilized correctly - could be a weapon (read: coach with brains needed)

Hamstring injuries are SOMETIMES a result of too much stress, not necessarily though... Either way it happened and it's barely his fault...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:14 pm

Guys, this is exactly the fourth thread I open and barring Effenberg's trolling, all three have people wanting to pluck their eyes out.

Good. Seems like we haven't lost the spirit.

Could we please carry on w/the discussions without the personal insults?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:53 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Reposting this from International transfer rumours:

MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Do you really rate Bernardo higher than James? Not even Sane is at his level, even though he might be in a few years

Ribery and Robben weren't big transfers at that time and look what happened.
Agreed about Ribéry but Robben was a far bigger name than James when he joined us.

Saying Robben was a bigger name than James is a absolute nonsense.If you're a conservative person,it's harder to accept that James is our biggest star singning.

Let's compare them before Bayern:

Robben (before Bayern):

Individual honours:
Johan Cruijff Prijs: 2002–03
Premier League Player of the Month: November 2004
PFA Team of the Year: 2005
ESM Team of the Year: 2004–05, 2009–10, 2014–15
Bravo Award: 2005

Robben before coming to Bayern,he's coming at age of 25 :
Groningen-52 games ; 12 goals,5 assists;
PSV-70 games ; 21 goals,17 assists;
Chelsea-104 games ; 18 goals,24 assists;
Real Madrid-65 games ; 13 goals,14 assists;

Total - 291 games ; 64 goals,60 assists;

James (before Bayern):
Individual honours:
Youngest Foreigner Player ever to score in the Argentine Primera Division (age 17)
Best Player Toulon Tournament: 2011
LPFP Primeira Liga Breakthrough Player of the Year: 2011–12
SJPF Player of the Month: August 2012, September 2012
Record Team of the Year: 2012
O Jogo Team of the Year: 2012, 2013
Portuguese Golden Ball: 2012
Ligue 1 Assist Leader: 2013–14
UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2013–14
AS Monaco Player of the Year: 2013–14
Globe Revelation Player: 2014
FIFA World Cup Golden Boot: 2014
FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 2014
FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2014
FIFA World Cup 2014 Goal of the Tournament: 1–0 (2–0) vs. Uruguay
FIFA Puskás Award: 2014
La Liga Team of the Season: 2014–15
La Liga Best Midfielder: 2014–15
UEFA Team of the Year: 2015
New species of coral named after him: Paragorgia jamesi
Facebook FA La Liga Best Goal: 2016

James before coming to Bayern,he's coming at age of 25 :
Atlético Banfield-50 games ; 10 goals, 8 assists;
FC Porto-105 games ;31 goals,39 assists;
AS Monaco-38 games ; 10 goals,14 assists;
Real Madrid-111 games ; 36 goals,41 assists;

Total - 304 games ; 87 goals, 102 assists;
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:32 pm

Robben before coming to Bayern key player for Real Madrid and Chelsea.

James before coming to Bayern rotation player for Real Madrid. 83 minutes played in the knockout rounds of the Champions League last season. How can he be considered a star if he was not being considered in the important matches of the season?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:49 am

That seems a bit....revisionist.

At age 23, when Robben joined Madrid, he played about 1500 minutes. at the same age, James played 3500 minutes at Madrid....
You can say that Robben was more established and a more key player, sure (it's debatable, I think....One bad season doesn't negate the previous body of work)....but James was absolutely a bigger name signing. If you asked the average football fan in 2017 if they knew who James Rodriguez was vs the average fan in 2009 who Arjen Robben is, I guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt that James would be the better-known commodity. I mean, even today, when Robben is a well-established superstar, I'd be willing to bet that James is a better-known player still.

We can debate the on-the-pitch merits all day, but when you say that "Robben was a far bigger name than James when he joined us," it's just patently false. James is literally one of the most recognizable athletes alive today. Robben has never been able to come even close to claiming that. I'm not saying Robben is a worse player, not at all - but when it comes to "Brand" and "name recognition," James wins in a blowout.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:25 am

I don't know, my impression of James is very greatly different to yours. Never have I ever heard someone talk about James as an opponent to fear. Quite unlike Robben. For example, when Bayern played Chelsea I remember talking to a friend who was saying that Robben was Chelsea's best player. In fact, alongside Lampard he was outstanding. When we played Real Madrid last season nobody was saying they fear what James would do to us. In fact, he played 7 out of 210 minutes.

Maybe I used the wrong term when I said bigger name. What I meant wasn't how many girls find him attractive or how many shirts he sells but rather how much fear does he induce in fans of his opponents. I always felt Robben was scarier to face than James. Just my impression, not backing it up with statistics.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:45 am

If only James can do what Robben did upon his arrivral! I really hope he does.

Robben changed Bayern and the whole BuLi image... (also with the help of Ribery)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:50 am

ramsej84 wrote:If only James can do what Robben did upon his arrivral! I really hope he does.

Robben changed Bayern and the whole BuLi image... (also with the help of Ribery)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
He doesn't even need to do all that. If he can score a late winner in a CL final (for us) then I will be forever grateful :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:55 am

Who's gonna get is to that final though? With Ancelotti?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:01 am

#12 wrote:Who's gonna get is to that final though? With Ancelotti?

Robben took us to the final in his first season, almost single-handedly, with Van Gaal as coach and a far inferior average quality of the team.

Our backline was Butt - Lahm, Van Buyten, Demichelis, Badstuber/Pranjic for crying out loud.

If James has the same impact in his first season as Robben did, I'd wager a bet on Bayern lifting the trophy.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:09 am

MUTU wrote:Robben before coming to Bayern key player for Real Madrid and Chelsea.

James before coming to Bayern rotation player for Real Madrid. 83 minutes played in the knockout rounds of the Champions League last season. How can he be considered a star if he was not being considered in the important matches of the season?[/quote]

I hope yall can read this carefully.
First of all, Robben played just 2 times the full 90 minutes in Champions League for Chelsea. In 06/07 season he played 43 minutes per game in CL,and in 05/06 around 70 minutes in CL.Before talking about Champions League,how many Robben games you remember while he was playing in Chelsea or Real ?
If you have watched him at Chelsea or Real Madrid, you should switch off and woke up after 2010 or 2011, and you'll be amazed at how different Robben is playing since you checked him last time.Robben at the time though skillful was a lot wasteful ! He used to lose a possession, commit a lot of unforced errors, never helped his defense. Robben looked individualistic than a team player. In Bayern he changed almost all of those. He started tracking back, he started to believe in his teammates and share the space with them, he started passing when that is better option than trying to go past his immediate defender.

He has become a totally different player now. During his days with Madrid, it is frustrating to watch him play. You knew he is going to waste it as soon as he receives the ball.Even Real fans was dissapointed with him at the time.
Then,when he left,they've got Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaká.

Of those three, only Kaká ultimatedly proved a failure. In the meantime, Cristiano has smashed all Real Madrid records, climbed to the top of Champions League scorers and has unarguably made a nice spot for himself to go down in history as one of the best players ever seen.

Benzema is stil one of the best strikers in the World. Despite having taken a long time he's won over the Bernabeu faithfuls and he's earned himself a berth in the starting eleven.Robben wouldn't have ever achieved those numbers with Real,because he was incapable of playing 3 matches in a row .He was always injured and when he did play, he didn't do very well either.

Don't get me wrong, i love Robben,but Bayern's Robben.He's terrific, he's fast, lovely touch, playmaking skills that go beyond an ordinary attacking player, good vision and teamplay, but he spent most of his stint at Madrid either injured or getting back into shape, which was a pity.Also,while playing for Real in his first season he was playing just one half per game in CL (44 minutes) and around 65 minutes in his second season.

James in his first season in Real-In Champions league he played around 78 minutes per game,around 60 minutes in his second and again-60 minutes in his final season with Real.If Robben with lower numbers was a key player for Real and Chelsea,how is James also not a one ? I don't want to put James's numbers in Porto and Monaco,( both League and CL) because they are way better than Robben's in PSV,Chelsea and Real numbers.
And i'm not even going to talk about the 2014 World Cup.

"James before coming to Bayern rotation player for Real":

Wait ? I don't know how a rotation player was in La Liga Team of the Season for 2014–15, honored as La Liga Best Midfielder in 2014–15 and he was in UEFA Team of the Year for 2015 ?
In the last 2 seasons,one of the predominant explanations for his diminished role at Real Madrid is the idea that Los Blancos do not play with a number 10 in their first* formation, making it nearly impossible for James to get relevant minutes. This is because although James has played in different attacking positions in the past, for instance RW at Porto, it can be safely said that his style of play and his strengths suit a no. 10 role the best.

Do you guys think,that Real were such a classy team while Robben was playing in Madrid ? Also,i want to say one more thing about his last season-Does the minutes that he played in his last season are so important ? He is a force that cannot be tamed, even by playing the 6th fewest minutes in the Madrid squad. Despite only playing 1186 minutes in La Liga, his 44 chances created is second among all Madrid players (only Toni Kroos has more).Creatively he’s off the scale, and in terms of scoring goals he is consistently productive.And with all this "low" numbers,he still managed to score 11 and аssisteed 13 times in all competitions.

MUTU wrote:I don't know, my impression of James is very greatly different to yours. Never have I ever heard someone talk about James as an opponent to fear. Quite unlike Robben. For example, when Bayern played Chelsea I remember talking to a friend who was saying that Robben was Chelsea's best player. In fact, alongside Lampard he was outstanding. When we played Real Madrid last season nobody was saying they fear what James would do to us. In fact, he played 7 out of 210 minutes.

Maybe I used the wrong term when I said bigger name.

Robben was a Chelsea's best player? Comeone man,give me a break.Robben became opponent to fear when he started playing for Bayern.For 3 season with Chelsea,he has scored 18 goals and assisted 24 times in all competitions.James in his "worst" season with Real -16/17 scored 11 and assisted 13 times in all competitions.
Who should i fear?

And who the hell was that Chelsea "fan" ? I also have delusional friends,but i'm not believing in every word that they are saying.While he was playing in Chelsea,Lampard was in his peak,Drogba was in his peak,even Joe Cole was putting better numbers than Robben,and he told you that Robben was Chelsea's best player at the time.LOL. Also,take a look what Real fans are talking about Robben when he left,and what they are talking when James left.

Also,at the age of 25,Robben came at Bayern also at 25 yo,James in just 15 games more than Robben, has scored 23 more goals than him and assisted 42 times ! more than him.
Well,who should i fear ?

*A big explanation.
Two seasons ago, Real Madrid’s season was derailed by both fatigue and injury. These two problems affected some of Madrid’s best players, including Luka Modric, Toni Kroos, and Gareth Bale among others. They went from being the best team on the planet, to having a trophyless season. What started as a promising year ended in disaster. A 22-game win streak amounted to nothing, and to make matters worse, Barcelona won another treble !

As the season progressed, more and more players went down to injury, and more Madridistas blamed manager Carlo Ancelotti for failing to properly rotate. While blaming the Italian for not rotating does hold some validity, the squad really didn’t have much depth to rotate in the first place !
Ultimately, Perez didn’t care that Carlo had won Real Madrid La Decima just the year before, and he sacked the manager at season’s end.

Over the next few windows, Real Madrid began to create the deepest squad on the planet, and it all started with loaned players returning home. Madrid bought back Casemiro from Porto, and Alvaro Morata from Juventus, while Lucas Vazquez, and Marco Asensio returned from highly successful loan spells.

Real Madrid bought cover for Carvajal, purchasing the promising Danilo for around 30 million, a massive fee for a fullback. Mateo Kovacic was purchased for around the same fee as Danilo, but was thought at first to be an unnecessary signing. The Croatian midfielder was recommended by his countryman Luka Modric, however, at the time many people thought he would have no place in the squad. When Zidane became manager, and no longer used a number 10 in his 4-3-3 setup, the chances for Mateo Kovacic to play increased ten-fold, even if it was at the expense of James Rodriguez and Isco.

The best example that showcases Real Madrid’s depth is through the injury of Gareth Bale in attack. The position most affected by injuries this season has undoubtedly been the Right Wing, as Gareth Bale, and his injury-prone nature have once again proved problematic for them. In his place, Madrid has been able to play players like James, and Isco, as well as young studs such as Lucas and Asensio.

No team on Earth can bring James Rodriguez on as a substitute as a 3rd, or even 4th choice off the bench. This speaks to the level of the competitiveness within the squad. Both world class and young players raise each other’s levels to get the best out of the other.

Real fans are extremely lucky to be able to witness a team with the quality of the last season's team has.Well,after offloading key players in this preseason,i'm not sure how good they are going to be.

But let's focus a little bit of James again.
The players that i talked about (James,Isco,Asensio,Lucas,Kovacic) were the people that won the La Liga for Real.Just look at the starting 11 of Real in the final 10 games (exept for the final game against Malaga). The whole point is,this incredibly deep squad,the media attention on Vasquez and the philosophy of Zidan to not play with a classic 10,made James to look in the eyes of the average fan like he don't have the qualities to play regularly,while the reasons were different.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:09 pm

I think you look too much at the minutes played as a statistic without understanding them. Robben was Bayern's best player in 2009/10, everyone will agree. But he only played 3 full 90 minutes in the Champions League that season. The reason was that he got tired and was subbed out. It's very different from not having played the full 90 mins because the coach believed another player was better and so he started on the bench.

In his first season at Chelsea, despite a lot of time injured he was shortlisted for PFA Young Player of the Year. You have to understand that his time at Chelsea was dogged by injuries. Many times he didn't play or didn't play the full match because he was not fit, not because of his quality.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion