You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby prasun77 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:23 am

Broken English..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:58 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Müller and James? That's weird. In which language do they even speak? :-/

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Football, duh :P They've been speaking telepathically for nearly every pre-season match.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:08 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:
prasun77 wrote:[quote="ramsej84"]Can he speak French ? (he played for ASM)

Yes.In fact he is Tolisso's best friend.

That's weird because James considers Mueller his best friend. Poor Tolisso, the love isn't mutual.
Müller and James? That's weird. In which language do they even speak? :-/

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Dude it's Müller. Humour needs no language... Just ask Rowan Atkinson or Chaplin
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:18 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Müller and James? That's weird. In which language do they even speak? :-/

Football, duh :P They've been speaking telepathically for nearly every pre-season match.

This...I don't care what language they speak in the locker room or on the training pitch....it appears they're on the same page on the pitch so far, so that's all that matters to me
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:13 pm

James on SportBild:
"Thomas Müller is an outstanding player. I don't see him as my competitor but as a comrade, we pursue the same goals"
"You already saw during pre season that we can play together on the pitch. Thomas and I push each other"
"I didn't work with Carlo in the last 2 years but we kept in touch. I missed him as a coach. I'm glad we are reunited"
"When I think of Bayern, I first think of Oliver Kahn, one of the greatest personalities of world football and definition of a leader"
"When I knew Bayern wanted me, decision was quickly made. I looked at the squad list and thought: There are as many stars as at Real"

=D>
IsiahRashad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Nemtar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:28 pm

This guy is algo world class with the press conferences.
Mia San Mia!
Nemtar
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:52 am

Manchu wrote:
Roonzil wrote:I'm probably dumb af, but those grafs don't mean shit to me if they're not embedded with context.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

It's not you, it's the graphs because the only way to really gain context with goalimpact is to look at a whole ton of graphs of various players until you can look at one of them and instantly tell how good a player is, which is one of the downsides of statistic despite its evident utility. However, for everyone's benefit, I will attempt to explain as much of the context as I can.

Goalimpact, as you probably already know, is a goal-difference based algorithm(adjusted for quality of opponent, obviously) which gives player a relative score based on how much they contribute to the teams goal difference. It is based on every single game that a player has played in his career. What it generates is a "goalimpact score," which more of a predictive measure about how well a player will perform in the future rather at the present.

On the graph's, the bold red line is a player's goalimpact over time. The pale red line is the player's estimated peak goalimpact at the age of 26; it varies based on age and goalimpact. The blue line is an estimation of a players performance over the last 24 months; it has a strong tendency to regress toward the red line(and no, I don't know why some graphs have and others don't).

Now, putting player's scores in context is quite difficult right now because there's been a really major algorithm update since the last top 50 players by goalimpact list. However, I'll do my best for outfield players; you should keep in mind that I've basically put this together from whatever scraps of information that I can and its not perfect.

More than 185--World top 10-Messi, T. Muller, Kroos, Gotze, Pique, Busquets, Benzema(Yes, I'm aware that Gotze and Benzema are controversial, but Benzema has been really important in CR7 scoring his 30+ goals every season in the same way that Muller has been really important for Lewandowski scoring his 30+ goals. Gotze is another story)

More than 178--World top 20-Eden Hazard, Hummels, Boateng, Badstuber when uninjured.

~174-Average of Bayern Munich's best starting lineup because Bayern Munich has an insanely good starting lineup.

More than 170-Lewandowski, Alaba, Thiago, Rafinha(yes, our Rafinha. Turns out that we had two top 5 rightbacks on our team over the last couple years), James, Higuain

More than 164-Robben, Neymar(although still not done developing), Lukaku, Fabregas

~159-Dortmund's best starting lineup
More than 158-Brandt(exceptionally good for having just turned 21), Javier Hernandez, Sahin, Alessandro Schopf(actually passed through Bayern's academy without getting any time with the first team for some reason; potentially as talented as James in goalimpact terms)

More than 152-Schurrle, Dani Alves, Mandzukic

More than 140- Andre Gomes, Ginter, Mohamed Saleh, Rooney, Davy Klaassen
~140-Bundesliga, Premier League average player.

More than 130-Mustafi, John Terry in his ripe old age.

I put together this using player's current goalimpact rather than their peak goalimpact, and the list would look rather different if I did it the other way around.

Anyways, I hope this helps you put future goalimpact scores in context although you should look at the peak score rather than the current score when looking at young talents.

As a final note, Messi's goalimpact estimated peak when he was 18 would probably have put him in the top 2-3 talents under 20 back in 2006 if goalimpact had existed then.

Just a curiousity about GoalImpact... wouldn't it end up making players in top clubs look better than they really are and players in relegation-zone clubs worse than they really are? If you take Messi and put him in a club that's battling against relegation he's obviously going to contribute less towards goals than at Barcelona where he's surrounded by top players. Or does GoalImpact factor this in its algorithm?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:52 pm

MUTU wrote:
Manchu wrote:
Roonzil wrote:I'm probably dumb af, but those grafs don't mean shit to me if they're not embedded with context.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

It's not you, it's the graphs because the only way to really gain context with goalimpact is to look at a whole ton of graphs of various players until you can look at one of them and instantly tell how good a player is, which is one of the downsides of statistic despite its evident utility. However, for everyone's benefit, I will attempt to explain as much of the context as I can.

Goalimpact, as you probably already know, is a goal-difference based algorithm(adjusted for quality of opponent, obviously) which gives player a relative score based on how much they contribute to the teams goal difference. It is based on every single game that a player has played in his career. What it generates is a "goalimpact score," which more of a predictive measure about how well a player will perform in the future rather at the present.

On the graph's, the bold red line is a player's goalimpact over time. The pale red line is the player's estimated peak goalimpact at the age of 26; it varies based on age and goalimpact. The blue line is an estimation of a players performance over the last 24 months; it has a strong tendency to regress toward the red line(and no, I don't know why some graphs have and others don't).

Now, putting player's scores in context is quite difficult right now because there's been a really major algorithm update since the last top 50 players by goalimpact list. However, I'll do my best for outfield players; you should keep in mind that I've basically put this together from whatever scraps of information that I can and its not perfect.

More than 185--World top 10-Messi, T. Muller, Kroos, Gotze, Pique, Busquets, Benzema(Yes, I'm aware that Gotze and Benzema are controversial, but Benzema has been really important in CR7 scoring his 30+ goals every season in the same way that Muller has been really important for Lewandowski scoring his 30+ goals. Gotze is another story)

More than 178--World top 20-Eden Hazard, Hummels, Boateng, Badstuber when uninjured.

~174-Average of Bayern Munich's best starting lineup because Bayern Munich has an insanely good starting lineup.

More than 170-Lewandowski, Alaba, Thiago, Rafinha(yes, our Rafinha. Turns out that we had two top 5 rightbacks on our team over the last couple years), James, Higuain

More than 164-Robben, Neymar(although still not done developing), Lukaku, Fabregas

~159-Dortmund's best starting lineup
More than 158-Brandt(exceptionally good for having just turned 21), Javier Hernandez, Sahin, Alessandro Schopf(actually passed through Bayern's academy without getting any time with the first team for some reason; potentially as talented as James in goalimpact terms)

More than 152-Schurrle, Dani Alves, Mandzukic

More than 140- Andre Gomes, Ginter, Mohamed Saleh, Rooney, Davy Klaassen
~140-Bundesliga, Premier League average player.

More than 130-Mustafi, John Terry in his ripe old age.

I put together this using player's current goalimpact rather than their peak goalimpact, and the list would look rather different if I did it the other way around.

Anyways, I hope this helps you put future goalimpact scores in context although you should look at the peak score rather than the current score when looking at young talents.

As a final note, Messi's goalimpact estimated peak when he was 18 would probably have put him in the top 2-3 talents under 20 back in 2006 if goalimpact had existed then.

Just a curiousity about GoalImpact... wouldn't it end up making players in top clubs look better than they really are and players in relegation-zone clubs worse than they really are? If you take Messi and put him in a club that's battling against relegation he's obviously going to contribute less towards goals than at Barcelona where he's surrounded by top players. Or does GoalImpact factor this in its algorithm?
No. Goalimpact measures a players impact by comparing how the team does with a player against how he does without him. This hypothetical team would score far more with Messi than without Messi, so Messi's goalimpact would be high.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:17 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:No. Goalimpact measures a players impact by comparing how the team does with a player against how he does without him. This hypothetical team would score far more with Messi than without Messi, so Messi's goalimpact would be high.

Where can I see Bayern's goalimpact in 2012/13? Fully expecting Gomez to have a higher GoalImpact than Mandzukic.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:No. Goalimpact measures a players impact by comparing how the team does with a player against how he does without him. This hypothetical team would score far more with Messi than without Messi, so Messi's goalimpact would be high.

Where can I see Bayern's goalimpact in 2012/13? Fully expecting Gomez to have a higher GoalImpact than Mandzukic.

Found this and this. So not only was Gomez better than Mandzukic, but as the season got near the end he did even better. And this doesn't measure his two goals in the DFB Pokal final.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:41 pm

James Rodríguez y Daniela Ospina le pusieron fin a su matrimonio [source]

that's a big loss, James :P
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:23 pm

So Roonzil still have a chance.

IsiahRashad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:53 pm

Can he speak French? really? :o
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:55 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:
James Rodríguez y Daniela Ospina le pusieron fin a su matrimonio [source]

that's a big loss, James :P

No problem, its time for taste a german girl :wink:
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:06 pm

German girls must be quite a catch
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion