You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:56 pm

James Rodriguez says he can succeed Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as the global stars of football – provided he gets enough game time.

Asked if he could succeed the Barcelona and Madrid stars, James said: "Why not? They are big players. I'll be ready for what happens in the future and improve in world football."
James made only 13 starts in LaLiga last season, but he accepts that he is not guaranteed a place in the Bayern line-up given the talent at Ancelotti's disposal.
"We have big players at Bayern and the competition for the team is very intense," he said.
"I have to win my place through training hard every day. I want more minutes and more success [than last season].
"It's a unique club, with the obligation of winning trophies and I hope it continues next season."
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:52 pm

Well, I hope he's correct
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:01 pm

I'm really surprised by the general excitement expressed with James coming on board.
He seems like a decent bloke and there is no doubt he is a gifted footballer but I don't see how he makes last season's starting XI any better.

He gives the team more options in attack now, rather than being purely dependent on our ageing wingers to damage defences and that's about all.
We've just bought a set of all terrain tyres when the engine is leaking oil.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:13 pm

Ed. wrote:I'm really surprised by the general excitement expressed with James coming on board.
He seems like a decent bloke and there is no doubt he is a gifted footballer but I don't see how he makes last season's starting XI any better.

He gives the team more options in attack now, rather than being purely dependent on our ageing wingers to damage defences and that's about all.

James > Costa that alone makes this squad better than last season....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:18 pm

Ed. wrote:I'm really surprised by the general excitement expressed with James coming on board.

That's enough to make our team better lol.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ed. » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:43 pm

bastos80 wrote:

Hmm, kudos at using my words out of context.

We had an attack that was missing one decisive player last season. I don't think there will be much argument in this forum that Lewa and Robben are the only 2 that currently fit that category.

With James, we can now field a variety of attacking options that are still missing one decisive player that can make a difference against the big guns in the CL. Hopefully, that's explicit enough for you.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:20 pm

Ed. wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

We had an attack that was missing one decisive player last season. I don't think there will be much argument in this forum that Lewa and Robben are the only 2 that currently fit that category.

With James, we can now field a variety of attacking options that are still missing one decisive player that can make a difference against the big guns in the CL. Hopefully, that's explicit enough for you.
Depending on formation and tactics. We could deploy fantastic 442's (diamond), 352's, 4321's or 4312's, maybe even a very good 433. We can't, however, deploy a good-enough 4231. If we are so damned fixed on playing that way, then our summer market made no sense whatsoever; we should have gotten less MFs and 1-2 wingers.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Ed. wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

Even him making us less reliable of our wingers makes the starting 11 better. But thanks for clearing up. No need for that arrogant tone, I'm sorry for not being able to read your mind. :coffee:
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:27 pm

He was the only one getting attacks started..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:24 pm

Ed. wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

Who specifically were you hoping Bayern to get that fits your mold of a decisive player? In my opinion James is a high quality addition that adds some creativity in the final third which has been an issue as Robbery have been aging....

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:57 pm

Yes, and "Robbery" - contrary to what the nane suggests - are actually TWO players... That on top of that play in another position
The guy's got talent... But there's a reason he wasn't playing at Real as well...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:59 pm

#12 wrote:Yes, and "Robbery" - contrary to what the nane suggests - are actually TWO players... That on top of that play in another position
The guy's got talent... But there's a reason he wasn't playing at Real as well...
The reason was plainly that Zidane didn't like him. He had great stats on the little minutes he got. He didn't fit tactically with Zidane's 433? Fine. But he still is a better player than Isco and Ascensio, even if he couldn't be a starter in the Modric-Kroos-Casemiro MF or in the BBC trio, he should have been first option off the bench.

PunkCapitalist

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:03 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:Yes, and "Robbery" - contrary to what the nane suggests - are actually TWO players... That on top of that play in another position
The reason was plainly that Zidane didn't like him. He had great stats on the little minutes he got. He didn't fit tactically with Zidane's 433? Fine. But he still is a better player than Isco and Ascensio, even if he couldn't be a starter in the Modric-Kroos-Casemiro MF or in the BBC trio, he should have been first option off the bench.

Didn't like him? Or favored another lineup?

Zidane won the CL twice in two years as a coach... He's gotta do something right...
I'm not trying to say he's shit or anything, he's insanely talented- but: is he making the most out of it? And: should we really get our hopes up and get overly excited?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:24 pm

Favored another lineup and didn't like him are functionally the same. The point is that certain players don't mesh well with certain managers or systems; it doesn't make them a bad player. Tom Brady would be terrible if his coach wanted to play a read-option offense, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he's a great QB, if you know what I mean. For me there are 1,000 reasons a player might not play and only a handful have anything to do with actual talent...

Of course it's preseason and there's nowhere near enough to make a verdict yet, but I think there's reason for optimism regarding James.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:27 pm

The reason is pretty obvious, Zidane stopped playing with a number 10 and preferred a DM like Casemiro at the tip of the midfield triangle. I don't know about any personal issues but the approach made sense since with Kroos and Morris they have enough creative in the midfield James was seen as expendable. At Bayern Carlo lines up with an AM so James should thrive as he did his first season at R.Madrid...

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion