You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:05 pm

And I don't think it will be the case here, but James has successfully played in a 3 man midfield with Ancelotti

BBC
James,Kroos,Modric
Marcelo-Ramos-Pepe-Carvajal
Casillas
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby endrity » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:16 pm

I think the one thing the James purchase has to put an end to is Thiago as a #10. He's a deep lying midfielder that needs to operate from the back first and foremost. Thiago, Muller and Robben I am sure will start plenty of games too. Coman I am not sure about. Ribery is, I think, enjoying his final year as a pro in semi-retirement.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:56 pm

endrity wrote:I think the one thing the James purchase has to put an end to is Thiago as a #10. He's a deep lying midfielder that needs to operate from the back first and foremost. Thiago, Muller and Robben I am sure will start plenty of games too. Coman I am not sure about. Ribery is, I think, enjoying his final year as a pro in semi-retirement.

Preach!!! Thiago is a great player but what holds him back from being an effective #10 is his lack of goal instincts. Thiago may get the occasional goal from a run in the box but he is a pass first player. This isn't a bad thing but a modern #10 in my opinion should have some goal instincts inside him. At least Kroos had his long shots to fall back on but Thiago really doesn't. James at #10 will make Bayern more dangerous around the 20 yard box as he has a very deadly left foot. In my opinion Thiago always looked like his role should be a deeper one and from the look of at the Telekom line up Carlo may be going on that direction. In my opinion Xabi Alonso's arrival stalled Thiago from taking his true role as a deep lying playmaker but hopefully things will change.

I'm not saying Thiago can't play as a #10 but I am saying he is not at his most effective for the team as one. I would rather have a more goal scoring one like James who can take pressure of Lewandowski cause a large amount of the goal burden is placed on him at the moment and when he doesn't play things get worse...

I hope to see a 433 that looks similar to the Milan side with Thiago in the "Pirlo" role with Tolisso and Vidal next to him as midfield partners...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mavs » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:13 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
endrity wrote:I think the one thing the James purchase has to put an end to is Thiago as a #10. He's a deep lying midfielder that needs to operate from the back first and foremost. Thiago, Muller and Robben I am sure will start plenty of games too. Coman I am not sure about. Ribery is, I think, enjoying his final year as a pro in semi-retirement.

Preach!!! Thiago is a great player but what holds him back from being an effective #10 is his lack of goal instincts. Thiago may get the occasional goal from a run in the box but he is a pass first player. This isn't a bad thing but a modern #10 in my opinion should have some goal instincts inside him. At least Kroos had his long shots to fall back on but Thiago really doesn't. James at #10 will make Bayern more dangerous around the 20 yard box as he has a very deadly left foot. In my opinion Thiago always looked like his role should be a deeper one and from the look of at the Telekom line up Carlo may be going on that direction. In my opinion Xabi Alonso's arrival stalled Thiago from taking his true role as a deep lying playmaker but hopefully things will change.

I'm not saying Thiago can't play as a #10 but I am saying he is not at his most effective for the team as one. I would rather have a more goal scoring one like James who can take pressure of Lewandowski cause a large amount of the goal burden is placed on him at the moment and when he doesn't play things get worse...

I hope to see a 433 that looks similar to the Milan side with Thiago in the "Pirlo" role with Tolisso and Vidal next to him as midfield partners...

You bring up Kroos, but you do realize that Thiago scores more goals per game and per 90 minutes than Kroos....right?
Mavs
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Mavs » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Also....Kroos as AM:

Attacking Midfield 114 games - 18 goals - 34 assists

Thiago as AM:

Attacking Midfield 28 games - 10 goals - 9 assists

(these are career numbers)

Kroos has a little more than 4 times as many games, so if we were to multiply Thiago's numbers by 4...

40 goals and 36 assists.

Now that's a very rough extrapolation that can't simply be taken at face value, but it does show that Kroos is no more lethal in front of goal than Thiago is.
Last edited by Mavs on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mavs
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:19 pm

I thought Thiago worked wonderfully at attacking mid, and he also scored quite a respectable amount of goals :?
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Mavs wrote:
You bring up Kroos, but you do realize that Thiago scores more goals per game and per 90 minutes than Kroos....right?

Keep this in mind cause this is where statistics can leave a blind side. If you watch Thiago play he doesn't have much of an eye for goal unless it's coming from a cross. He is rarely gonna dribble to create space to make a shot for himself. The only non cross goal I recall from Thiago as a Bayern player is the Juve goal in extra time but I doubt there is any other example. AMs like James are different they can create there own shot and have an eye for goal thanks to their refined shooting technique. Kroos wasn't the best example because like Thiago he is more of a deep lying playmaker as well.....

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:35 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Mavs wrote:

Keep this in mind cause this is where statistics can leave a blind side. If you watch Thiago play he doesn't have much of an eye for goal unless it's coming from a cross. He is rarely gonna dribble to create space to make a shot for himself. The only non cross goal I recall from Thiago as a Bayern player is the Juve goal in extra time but I doubt there is any other example. AMs like James are different they can create there own shot and have an eye for goal thanks to their refined shooting technique. Kroos wasn't the best example because like Thiago he is more of a deep lying playmaker as well.....

First 45 mins of the season and he already hit the post coming from deep. :lol:
He has the second highest league record for dribbles after Dembélé and people still complain about his skills.
He broke the one on one pass stat on the attacking third and people still say he only scored from crosses.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:38 pm

tflags wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
Mavs wrote:

First 45 mins of the season and he already hit the post coming from deep. :lol:
He has the second highest league record for dribbles after Dembélé and people still complain about his skills.

I'm hardly "complaining" about his skills. I rate him up there with the likes of Pirlo so unless that's the term for doubting his abilities then please educate me

All I'm saying is his skill set is best placed in a deeper role and so far he hasn't failed to impress in this first friendly....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Mani » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:54 pm

I dont think you understand what firefox is trying to say
Mani
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby #12 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:03 pm

We shouldn't ridicule some internet fans if other clubs - pot kettle anyone?!
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Effenberg777 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:35 pm

I would like to see james taking thiago place in few important games and see how it goes .
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:I would like to see james taking thiago place in few important games and see how it goes .

And what happens to Thiago then? :?
Also we can't just "see how it goes" in important games.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Played pretty well today, not sure how many meaningful conclusions you can gather from Telekom cup though..
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:10 pm

James and Müller worked pretty well together. But nooooo, let's argue who's better :lol:
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion