You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:43 pm

Like it or not,he is already there.
First,how many times we should talk about his high impact when he is on the pitch?What we're going to say about his per 90 min. performance ?
Image

Here are the 4 of most expensive AM's in the World.The other one is Isco.Why Isco ? Because of him James was on the bench most of the time.
Isco in 16/17-42 matches,11 goals,10 assists,2339 minutes.
James in 16/17-33 matches,11 goals,13 assists,1884 minutes.
I'm not going to talk about this "comparision" anymore.

No one in Bayern is close to these numbers exept for as you know-Lewandowski and Robben.

Second,of course he bring a lot ot media attetntion in Bayern,and it's not his fault.In Bulgaria we did the same thing when Berba joined United.I saw some comment about how colombian people are not loyal to they clubs and some bulshit like that.It's not about the club,you can support every team you want.I hate United from my heart,but even i was happy for them,while watched the whole nation's idol playing in United.I will always remember when he scored 5 goals against Blackburn.
The whole point is,James is the idol of whole one generation,and of course they are going to support him no matter when he is playing-Bayern,Benfica or Genoa.

For now,haters /not only there/ should stop talking shit and shut their mouths.The boy delivered in every club that he played for.
if James fails at Bayern,i'm going to be the first person on this forum that is going to say: I was wrong,аnd I will never again make such speeches about our new guys.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 1235 times
Been thanked: 969 times
Gender: Male

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:45 pm

MUTU wrote:So many people seem to be overrating James, which is disrespectful to our current players. In my opinion, if we play with two wingers I don't even see James in the starting XI.

He's great as a marketing tool but sportingly, which is what matters most, we need to keep our feet on the ground and not expect all that much from him.



I will just save this post and show it again in 3-4 months to prove how wrong you were :coffee:



James will take our attack to the next level. I also thought that he was overrated when Real Madrid bought him for 80M, but I was totally wrong.

I just can't believe we've signed such a player for a 5+5+35M deal :shock:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8619
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Sydney
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 1676 times
Been thanked: 1684 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby prasun77 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:50 pm

Nemtar wrote:James eventually will close mouths and Muller will be next to him also playing. Let the time talk. You guys are not happy about anything


No..they will be happy with bayern signing those Brandts and Gnabrys.
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 651 times
Been thanked: 1028 times
Gender: Male

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby #12 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
MUTU wrote:So many people seem to be overrating James, which is disrespectful to our current players. In my opinion, if we play with two wingers I don't even see James in the starting XI. I rate our current midfield much better than Real's last season, where James was benched.

He's great as a marketing tool but sportingly, which is what matters most, we need to keep our feet on the ground and not expect all that much from him.


I don't think people's hype about James has any disrespect towards the other players in the squad. It's no secret he is a top player so people will get excited. But I do agree that I don't really much care about the social media hype he brings I'm more focused on his influence on the pitch...


Coman wrote:
Agree about the overrating James.

Disagree about our midfield much better than Real Madrid one.

Kroos, Casemiro, Modric just outplay Alonso, Vidal and Thiago.


It's kinda hard to not get outplayed when your playing with ten men in both legs.....


And as we all know those reds were a pure coincidence that has to be judged by isolating it from the game, right?
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8675
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 350 times
Been thanked: 2440 times
Gender: Male

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:I don't think it is an outrageous statement that Real Madrid had a better midfield than us last season.

Alonso, Thiago, Vidal, Renato and Kimmich just doesn't stand it against Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Kovacic, Isco (and James).
This year might be different though.

If you compare us to Real, they really only have Ronaldo that puts them ahead of us + 2 on form full backs. I hope Alaba and Kimmich shine this year.

Again I never compared last year's midfield to theirs. I compared our current midfield to Real Madrid's midfield last year (when James was mostly benched). In my opinion he will have more competition this season at Bayern than he had last season at Real Madrid, quality wise. Now if he's patting Carlo's back that's a whole different story.

That's IMO a completely misguided way to look at this... You should evaluate the needs of each team; Madrid has no problem in generating chances, we did; therefore, Madrid could afford to have James on the bench, we can't. We *need* his creativity. Besides, regardless of wether we play 4231, 433, 4312 or 4321, James is most likely to be considered an attacker, not a midfielder. James competes with Ribery, Robben, Coman and Müller, not with Thiago, Vidal, Tolisso, Renato or maybe Javi.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5391
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2301 times
Been thanked: 2199 times
Gender: Male

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:25 pm

JANCKER wrote:
MUTU wrote:So many people seem to be overrating James, which is disrespectful to our current players.


Agree. Just look at the 'James is our third best forward'... cheap shot aimed at Muller. Bayern legend < RM benchwarmer

I'm angered by how fans suddenly regard Müller as a no-one. It's incredible. The one sacrificed should be Robben, He doesn't have much left in him regardless (if he even stays fit), while Müller will still be with us for 5 more years probably.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5391
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2301 times
Been thanked: 2199 times
Gender: Male

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:29 pm

God damn it, this makes me so angry.

Why can't we just appreciate what we have?
People praising players at the cost of other players. Why do you all feel the need to compare them?
Talking about "sacrificing" Robben... Jesus.
If anything we should get everything out of him he has left. Our best attacking player when fit after Lewandowski and you talk about "sacrificing" him. You can put him on the bench once Müller starts playing better than him again. By your logic we should also sacrifice Müller for Coman and Real should sacrifice Ronaldo for Asensio. 10 years left > 5 years left.

Do you really feel the need or some unnecessary comparisons? What's the gain of talking about who our 3 best forwards are?
Fact is, we have 4-5 players up front that are on a crazy high level. That should be enough to know.
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5637
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 344 times
Been thanked: 2018 times
Gender: Male

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby Coman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Every line-up without Robben is funny.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
User avatar
Coman
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 3822
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
Location: Rosa
National Flag:
France
Has thanked: 151 times
Been thanked: 1426 times
Gender: Male

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Coman wrote:Every line-up without Robben is funny.



This. We can talk about replacing Robben & Ribéry when there are players in the squad that put in better performances.
So far that has not been the case for either of them even at the age of 33 & 34.
Maybe that will change now with the arrival of James who Müller should also benefit from.
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5637
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 344 times
Been thanked: 2018 times
Gender: Male

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby JANCKER » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:37 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
JANCKER wrote:
MUTU wrote:So many people seem to be overrating James, which is disrespectful to our current players.


Agree. Just look at the 'James is our third best forward'... cheap shot aimed at Muller. Bayern legend < RM benchwarmer

I'm angered by how fans suddenly regard Müller as a no-one. It's incredible. The one sacrificed should be Robben, He doesn't have much left in him regardless (if he even stays fit), while Müller will still be with us for 5 more years probably.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk


I'll pretend that I don't know where they're coming from and that they're objective... especially in this case, very objective... James struggled as much as Muller if not more, that much that he had to leave. They're in the same category of experts like Klinsmann et al, maybe a bit more expert because they doubt in a established player like him, when Klinsmann doubted in him, Muller was a kid. It has a lot to do with 'objectivity'.
Last edited by JANCKER on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17472
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9116 times
Been thanked: 8400 times
Gender: Male

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:42 pm

I know some people like sucking Müller off, so it's funny talking about being objective. A subject talking about objectivity is pretty funny anyways.
Whatever, I didn't notice anyone writing off Müller as a no-one either.
Talking about "they're" is also pretty arrogant, don't you think? Acting like you're the only expert amongst a bunch of idiots who know nothing about football. Yeah, keep talking Mr. Objectivity.
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5637
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 344 times
Been thanked: 2018 times
Gender: Male

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Hooly shit.In case yall didn't saw it,im going to post it again. :shock:
We are arguing over James so much,what we're going to do when we take Brandt ? =D> =D> #-o :?:
I only know what dumbledore is going to do on Roonzil tho.. :oops:

IsiahRashad wrote:Like it or not,he is already there.
First,how many times we should talk about his high impact when he is on the pitch?What we're going to say about his per 90 min. performance ?
Image

Here are the 4 of most expensive AM's in the World.The other one is Isco.Why Isco ? Because of him James was on the bench most of the time.
Isco in 16/17-42 matches,11 goals,10 assists,2339 minutes.
James in 16/17-33 matches,11 goals,13 assists,1884 minutes.
I'm not going to talk about this "comparision" anymore.

No one in Bayern is close to these numbers exept for as you know-Lewandowski and Robben.

Second,of course he bring a lot ot media attetntion in Bayern,and it's not his fault.In Bulgaria we did the same thing when Berba joined United.I saw some comment about how colombian people are not loyal to they clubs and some bulshit like that.It's not about the club,you can support every team you want.I hate United from my heart,but even i was happy for them,while watched the whole nation's idol playing in United.I will always remember when he scored 5 goals against Blackburn.
The whole point is,James is the idol of whole one generation,and of course they are going to support him no matter when he is playing-Bayern,Benfica or Genoa.

For now,haters /not only there/ should stop talking shit and shut their mouths.The boy delivered in every club that he played for.
if James fails at Bayern,i'm going to be the first person on this forum that is going to say: I was wrong,аnd I will never again make such speeches about our new guys.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 1235 times
Been thanked: 969 times
Gender: Male

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Bro wtf :lol:
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2930
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 2033 times
Been thanked: 1857 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby Roonzil » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Wait, what?
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Image
Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 1301 times
Gender: Female

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby JANCKER » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:56 pm

bastos80 wrote:I know some people like sucking Müller off, so it's funny talking about being objective. A subject talking about objectivity is pretty funny anyways.
Whatever, I didn't notice anyone writing off Müller as a no-one either.
Talking about "they're" is also pretty arrogant, don't you think? Acting like you're the only expert amongst a bunch of idiots who know nothing about football. Yeah, keep talking Mr. Objectivity.


You're the meme of arrogance... :) don't you like the taste of your own medicine?
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17472
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9116 times
Been thanked: 8400 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mircea_1984 and 8 guests