You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:10 pm

You're not expecting Ancelotti's "biggest wish" in the starting 11?
Alright. Given the consensus that Ancelotti seems to pick players by his liking and not performance only, this is weird.

Let's just wait and see, alright? We already know you're not really a fan of him but it's also true we shouldn't be so euphoric before he even played a single game for us.

James' talent is undeniable. There's a reason why nearly all Madrid fans are sad of him leaving.
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby La Bestia Negra » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:16 pm

I don't think James being benched has anything to do with whether theirs or our midfield is better. Madrid under Zidane don't play with a 10, so James would have had to displace one of Ronaldo, Bale, or Isco. Zidane obviously favored Isco when Bale was injured, which also calls for concern
"Müller spielt bei mir immer"-
La Bestia Negra
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:28 pm

MUTU wrote:So many people seem to be overrating James, which is disrespectful to our current players. In my opinion, if we play with two wingers I don't even see James in the starting XI. I rate our current midfield much better than Real's last season, where James was benched.

He's great as a marketing tool but sportingly, which is what matters most, we need to keep our feet on the ground and not expect all that much from him.

I don't think people's hype about James has any disrespect towards the other players in the squad. It's no secret he is a top player so people will get excited. But I do agree that I don't really much care about the social media hype he brings I'm more focused on his influence on the pitch...

Coman wrote:
Agree about the overrating James.

Disagree about our midfield much better than Real Madrid one.

Kroos, Casemiro, Modric just outplay Alonso, Vidal and Thiago.

It's kinda hard to not get outplayed when your playing with ten men in both legs.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby thulkazal » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Yea Xabi Alonso is or was minus man on pitch :mrgreen: Especially if you need swift middle line to cover counterattacks he become so useless...
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:44 pm

bastos80 wrote:You're not expecting Ancelotti's "biggest wish" in the starting 11?
Alright. Given the consensus that Ancelotti seems to pick players by his liking and not performance only, this is weird.

Haha I agree. No way James stays on the bench except to have a break.

We saw what happen with Alonso.

Firefox1234 wrote:
It's kinda hard to not get outplayed when your playing with ten men in both legs.....

They didn't have to wait Bayern to be at 10 to dominate the midfield. They were ******* solid when we were butter.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:52 pm

I don't think it is an outrageous statement that Real Madrid had a better midfield than us last season.

Alonso, Thiago, Vidal, Renato and Kimmich just doesn't stand it against Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Kovacic, Isco (and James).
This year might be different though.

If you compare us to Real, they really only have Ronaldo that puts them ahead of us + 2 on form full backs. I hope Alaba and Kimmich shine this year.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:55 pm

Coman wrote:
MUTU wrote:So many people seem to be overrating James, which is disrespectful to our current players. In my opinion, if we play with two wingers I don't even see James in the starting XI. I rate our current midfield much better than Real's last season, where James was benched.

He's great as a marketing tool but sportingly, which is what matters most, we need to keep our feet on the ground and not expect all that much from him.

Alonso is our current midfielder?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:58 pm

bastos80 wrote:I don't think it is an outrageous statement that Real Madrid had a better midfield than us last season.

Alonso, Thiago, Vidal, Renato and Kimmich just doesn't stand it against Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Kovacic, Isco (and James).

If you compare us to Real, they really only have Ronaldo that puts them ahead of us + 2 on form full backs. I hope Alaba and Kimmich shine this year.

Again I never compared last year's midfield to theirs. I compared our current midfield to Real Madrid's midfield last year (when James was mostly benched). In my opinion he will have more competition this season at Bayern than he had last season at Real Madrid, quality wise. Now if he's patting Carlo's back that's a whole different story.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:00 pm

MUTU wrote:
Coman wrote:

Alonso is our current midfielder?

My bad, read to fast.

Still I rate Real Madrid midfield ahead of Bayern.

For me only Vidal instead of Casemiro would have sense for Real Madrid while in the other way I would tak Modric and Kroos instead of Thiago and Tolisso every day.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby prasun77 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:05 pm

Unbelieveable..this is what says there are all types of people and impossible to get 100% consensus on anything..
Few people wanted the club to sign brandt..
Few people(not necessarily the same as above) are not liking this james transfer..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:06 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:I don't think it is an outrageous statement that Real Madrid had a better midfield than us last season.

Again I never compared last year's midfield to theirs. I compared our current midfield to Real Madrid's midfield last year (when James was mostly benched). In my opinion he will have more competition this season at Bayern than he had last season at Real Madrid, quality wise. Now if he's patting Carlo's back that's a whole different story.

Zidane had no use for James, Ancelotti did. Carlo even played him on the wing, Zidane had other preferences on the wing and in central midfield.
James was the biggest wish of Carlo, so he'll have a plan for it.
Easy as that, makes no sense comparing.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:44 pm

We play with 3 forwards and James is the 3rd best forward in Bayern. Of course he'll play.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Pelin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Next September, their most important midfielder, Modric will finish his 32. Yep, their midfield was better than ours last season, because of the walking dead, who did nothing during Real games.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby JANCKER » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:22 pm

MUTU wrote:So many people seem to be overrating James, which is disrespectful to our current players.

Agree. Just look at the 'James is our third best forward'... cheap shot aimed at Muller. Bayern legend < RM benchwarmer
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Nemtar » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:29 pm

James eventually will close mouths and Muller will be next to him also playing. Let the time talk. You guys are not happy about anything
Mia San Mia!
Nemtar
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion