You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ivica Olić

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Ivica Olić

Postby MrLinky » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:58 pm

bild.de wrote: Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: „Wir sind überzeugt, dass Ivica wunderbar zu unseren beiden Stürmern Luca Toni und Miroslav Klose passt. Der angenehme Nebeneffekt ist dabei, dass sein Vertrag ausläuft. Wir werden alles tun, ihn für die nächste Saison zu holen.“

Translated:"We are convinced that Ivica would fit in well with the 2 strikers we already have here , Toni and Klose.A pleasant side-effect is that his contract runs out at the end of the season.We're gonna do everything to sign him next year".

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/bayern/2008/12/08/ivica-olic/bayern-jagt-den-kroaten-star-vom-hsv.html
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Ivica Olic

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:10 pm

Bayern can be one of favorites to win UEFA CL next season with him. Rensing- New RB[Rafinha]-Lucio/Breno,Demichelis, Lahm- New CDM[Cana/Tymo/Inler]- Altintop, Basti, Ribery- Toni/Klose/Ivica

Subs- Kroos, Milan Jovanovič, Ottl, Boro, Lucio/Breno :o

This team could win CL!! Please Uli, get them! This would cost ~40million and if you will sell Poldi, it would be just 25 million, maybe Van Buyten or Lucio should be sold too... And then all transfers are realistic :o It would be just GREAT!!!!

GET IVICA OLIČ!!! HE IS THE MAN!!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby likma » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:08 pm

I wonder how true is this. I've read in croatian newspapers today his interview and he said that he caught himself dreaming about playing with Del Piero. Once interviewer mentioned Bayern, he said there was never any contact with Bayern.

I think he's a great player, and he would be very good addition to our team.
likma
Getting the hang of it

Postby MrLinky » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:43 pm

likma wrote:I wonder how true is this.

Its not speculation they're doing here , its a Rummenigge quote in which he admits that they are interested , I dont think there can be anyone more reliable than him.Besides that , BILD is part of the famous Axel Springer publishing house , I think they can be considered relatively reliable as well.And they were the first to announce the Ribery and Toni transfer to Bayern a year and a half ago , if I'm not mistaken.

Something else I found on Olic , a quote by his manager Gordon Stipic made today:
sportbild.de wrote:Der Berater des HSV-Stürmers, Gordon Stipic, bestätigte die Offerte aus München, die allerdings noch nicht schriftlich vorliege. „Ich wurde über das konkrete Interesse der Bayern am Montag informiert", sagte Stipic.

Translated:"I was informed of the concrete interest of Bayern in signing Olic on Monday".
Valencia and Juve are also mentioned as interested clubs.

http://www.sportbild.de/sportbild/generated/article/fussball/2008/12/08/11072100000.html
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby likma » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:47 pm

Thanks for explanation. I've looked online version of same papers and they have pretty much translated bild article.

I would really like this transfer to happen, as Olic is one of those guys that gives 100% every match.
likma
Getting the hang of it

Postby walter » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:26 pm

This makes me wonder about the possibility of a swap between Bayern and HSV involving Podolski and Olic. Obviously HSV will be looking for a replacement for Olic who plays as a striker and left winger (same as Poldi), and Podolski who be a natural choice.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:18 pm

Why swap them when you can get Olic in the summer on the Bosman ruling AND you can sell Poldi for 10-15 million.? If we'd swap them we would miss out on the Podolski money , makes no sense. :wink:
Poldi only wants to go to Koln as well , I think he would rather sit in the stands for another year than move to any other club. :lol:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby walter » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:46 pm

Oh! you are right! I overlooked the fact that Olic 's contract runs out at the end of the season.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:35 pm

Well it could also be a swap in the sense that once Olic signs for free for Bayern (which he can do from 1st January -- even though he'd join next summer), Hamburg would be left looking for a replacement, and Podolski might well fit in with their plans. Hoeness said that there were offers from another 4-5 Bundesliga clubs, so there's a good chance that HSV is one of them.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby xevi » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:48 pm

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/news/n ... /18001.php

it's oficial bayern are interested in olic.
- the facts are he expires next summer.
- he could play well with toni and klose
- bild tell about a contract until 2012.

i think he is good but also he will be 30 when he comes and surely gomez is a better target to us as he is 23 and surely he has more experience in CL. maybe that means that we don't have enogh money to get gomez and a replacement for schweinsteiger and we need to get free players.
the best thing would be get both olic and gomez!

and about win CL we should improve getting a better RB than oddo (rafinha is good but i think he is a bit weak in defence), also a LB as we don't have a natural replacement for lahm, a DM (tymoschuk), maybe a RM or AM (STAR) to play with ribéry and altintop/schweini as starters (surely we only will get a player like this if schweini leaves but obviously if we want to do something interesting we need the best players). finally it's clear we need an antother FW to replace podolski.

i think the CB's are fine and i would wait til 2010 to chenge some of them.

so:
----------------------------------------rensing
-----------------------------------------butt

RB-----------------lucio------------------------demichelis-------------lahm
lell-----------------breno-----------------------van buyten--------------LB

-------------------------------------tymoschuk
--------------------------------------van bommel

altintop--------------------------schweinsteiger--------------------ribéry
kroos-------------------------------zé roberto-----------------------borowski

----------------------toni---------------------------klose
---------------------olic----------------------------donovan/GOMEZ??

the thing would be to know what happens with players like sosa or ottl but obviously the don't play to many minutes and ottl never won't be a super DM and sosa is good but i think we never won't do nothing at bayern. so the best for them and for bayern would be sell or send them on loan. surely this will depend of zé and van bommel.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MrLinky » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:26 pm

xevi wrote: bild tell about a contract until 2012.

... with an option for another year.I really dont think there is anything wrong we can do about this transfer.He is probably planned as back-up for Toni/Klose and fits in perfectly in that role as he is somebody that runs around like crazy and can cause problems to the opposite defense even if he comes in as a substitute in the 75th minute.I also heard of a salary of 4.5 million pre-tax , with that he would probably be in the midfield of the Bayern earner-list , which is totally fine and reflects his qualities properly.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:30 pm

Incidentally, I had bought Olic in Football Manager 2009 on a free transfer as well, and he's currently 5th choice striker after Gomez, Sanchez, Klose and Podolski.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:26 pm

Olic And Bayern Still Just Talking, Insists Hamburg Star's Agent

Olic to Bayern as good as done? 'Not so fast' says his agent...
Ivica Olic's agent is adamant that his client is not already virtually a Bayern player as some German papers are suggesting.

The agent did admit that the zippy Croatian striker is in talks with the record Bundesliga champions, which in itself is not really news as Bayern already confirmed this earlier in the week.

"It is no secret that we are in the middle of negotiations with Bayern," said agent Gordon Stipic, "but the things are in not so advanced a phase as German media reported.

"Simply, it's also not true that their offer is the best and biggest.

"We are talking to several interested parties, but Ivica has not decided yet where he is going to continue his career.

"Everything will be known in the last week of this month. Bayern is indeed an interesting option, but far from being the only one."
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby KieranD » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:05 pm

i like olic hes got a type of play that would suit bayern and he wont break the bank, the question is why not buy him, hes cheap and talented!
KieranD
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Karlo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:52 am

Ivica Olić is not player for bayern!!!!poldi is better 1000 than olić!
Karlo
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion