You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ivica Olić

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Ivica Olić

Postby RAGHU » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:26 pm

MUTU wrote:There are talks that Olic is to be offered a two-year contract extension. I have mixed feelings about this personally.

Source: http://www.der-sechzehner.de/fc-bayern- ... 11987.html

then no BOMB signing eh?? :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
RAGHU
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 pm

I read about that on fb this morning but I couldn't find the main article, so I thought it could be BS.

To be honest, one year sounds much more realistic considering 1) his age and 2) the fact that he was almost certainly leaving a few days ago.

I still doubt he'll sign unless he starts getting serious playing time until the end of the season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Hoffenheim have joined the race for Olic's signature. Source of the rumour is the reliable Kicker.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:20 pm

MUTU wrote:Hoffenheim have joined the race for Olic's signature. Source of the rumour is the reliable Kicker.

Can you name rest of the teams who are interested in Olić :?:

After Josip Šimunić' episode in Hoffenheim, I don't belive Ivica would join them. At the end of his career he won't be so unambitious. :?
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:25 pm

The rest are Wolfsburg, Sounders FC and Aston Villa. And of course it is still possible for a contract extension at FC Bayern.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Well, he prefers to stay in Germany and finish his career. It's unlikely to see in old days a move to England.

Wolfsburg... Good solution, but still he needs to wait and see what's gonna happen with Helmes and Lakić status at VW. After all, he wants far more 1st team football unlike at Bayern. Hoffenheim is solid choice, but still, it remains to see what he will decide. Sounders are from MLS? He told to croatian media that he won't move to USA.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby quaazi » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Like I said in the winter, working under Magath must be his wet dream.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby München Minded » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:43 pm

quaazi wrote:Like I said in the winter, working under Magath must be his wet dream.

Well he is a hard worker and likes running alot, he must like the punishing workouts.

He's got a can do attitude, but with the lengthy injury time he was out I'm not sure we should keep him -- we have a younger hard running player in Shaqiri coming. He does make a decent backup, but at his age we are only rolling the dice on whether we are wasting money or spending it developing another player.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:30 am

Olic has a clause in his contract that states that his contract is automatically renewed by 1 year should he play in at least 20 matches this season. He currently has 16.5, and the only way that this is possible is if he plays in all the remaining matches, including the Champions League final. Thus, if tonight Olic does not play or else Bayern get eliminated, his contract will definitely not get automatically renewed, paving the way for a transfer to Wolfsburg

Source: http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 90330.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:16 pm

MUTU wrote:Thus, if tonight Olic does not play or else Bayern get eliminated, his contract will definitely not get automatically renewed

Does he have to play a certain amount of minutes?

Kind of off-topic: Personally I think that if we're leading around the 65th minute, I would rather have him come on than Muller (assuming he'll be on the bench). Olic is a hard worker and he can afford to pick a yellow. His problem is his finishing but I think that if he plays in the CAM role he could help us a lot in pressing.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:16 am

Olic's transfer to Wolfsburg is official.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:28 am

Thank you my mate for hat-trick against United and Lyon in CL 2010. =D> You have given us very nice moments.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby München Minded » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Thanks to Olić for all his hard work and getting the team motivated. It was a good transfer that needed to happen at the time, but now times have changed and we can build the squad differently. Good luck to him, but hope he doesn't score against us next season ;)
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:10 pm

He'll definitely be missed. He's still a fan favourite.

When we first bought him I thought he would only be a backup, expecting Klose-Toni or Klose-Gomez to be our starters. He surprised me pleasantly in his first season and I will never forget what he did for us that year.

He's scored many important goals, he managed a hat trick in the CL semi-finals, but for me his best moment by far is this one:

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby CroCHEF » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:07 pm

CroCHEF
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion