You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[EXCLUSIVE] Interview with Anatoliy Tymoshchuk

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

[EXCLUSIVE] Interview with Anatoliy Tymoshchuk

Postby MUTU » Thu May 05, 2011 7:15 pm

BayernForum.com has held an interview with FC Bayern's 32 year old defensive midfielder, Anatoliy Tymoshchuk. BayernForum.com users earlier had a chance to submit their own questions here.

BayernForum.com: Since arriving in Munich, you have spent some time on the bench and also played some games as a centre-back, which is not your favourite position. How do you feel about this? Is it true that you actually complained about this?
Tymoshchuk: I have never complained, I know what my purpose is and I do my best to gain it. It was not comfortable situation when I didn’t play or played as a defender, because I feel myself comfortable on the position of defensive midfielder, but I played in the defense because it was needed in the interests of my team. In conclusion I would like to say that there are some difficult situations in my career, I needed to undergo and overcome them, so this is experience and after I became stronger in any way.

BayernForum.com: How are you expecting to be played under Heynckes?
Tymoshchuk: I have never worked with Herr Heynkes, so I don’t know his philosophy and vision as a coach, but I can analyze what style of football Bayer 04 is playing. They use 4-5-1 system, the team play attractive football, very organized. So, when we will meet our new coach and work for a while, I can tell you more about his demands.

BayernForum.com: What do you think are the main reasons behind FC Bayern’s disappointing season?
Tymoshchuk: This is true, we are disappointed to finish the season without the trophies, but we need to analyze what happened. FC Bayern is always FC Bayern, we always put our sights as high as possible and our aims are without changes for next season. This season our team has started after World Cup, where a lot of players were involved in many matches. We had a poor start, after 7 matches we had around 15 points handicap, so it was hard to be ahead of the leader.

BayernForum.com: What went wrong in your opinion?
Tymoschchuk: I think we hadn’t so much time to recover after the World Cup and to be in the good shape. We had a break in winter and not so much time in the second part of Bundesliga. We could fight for 1st place just in the case of not losing points. Last season we have won everything in Germany, this year we won nothing, but anyway we had chances to win titles and we had to do it, because we have good team with good players. So, now we have to be prepared to prove our strong characters for coming season.

BayernForum.com: Do you imagine yourself staying in Munich next season, even if Bayern fail to qualify for the Champions League?
Tymoschchuk: Nobody thinks about 4th place, even when we possessed 4th place before he match vs Schalke, we think about Champion’s League place. Now we are 3rd and we have two matches to win and we must do it. At present moment I am FC Bayern player and I do my best for the qualification to Champion’s League.

BayernForum.com: What do you think about the team’s level of fitness? The impression is that this may be lacking.
Tymoshchuk: I would argue, we looked good in every match of the season and I think our level of fitness was better than any team this season. If you analyze our matches, we had always good percentage of possession and control of the game. Even when we lost against Dortmund and Schalke, but when we compare the possession time and the control of the game – we were better, so you can’t say that we lost because of lack of fitness or stamina. We had chances and didn’t score; we allowed so much for our rivals – that were the reasons of our defeats.

BayernForum.com: Is there any noticeable difference between Andries Jonker and Louis Van Gaal in training style?
Tymoshchuk: They have been worked together for a long time, they have similar ideas, but every coach has his own view, anyway. I can say that there are some different principals of Jonker which he uses in the training process and matches, when he became the head coach he made some changes in the training process with new drills and methods.

BayernForum.com: Who do you consider the best player you have played with, and who would you say is the best player you have played against?
Tymoshchuk: I played in good teams and all of my partners were good and qualified players, I wouldn’t personalize anybody. I have played three matches with Zidane, two matches in Zidane’s friends’ team in the charity games against poverty and one game against him in national team, so, I can say that I enjoyed both – playing with him and against him.

BayernForum.com: You have been captain in almost every team you played, and you have more experience with leadership than many Bayern players. Do you like the idea of one day carrying the entire team on your shoulders and being named captain?
Tymoshchuk: The life in football changes, nobody knows what happens, because there’s nothing impossible in football. All I can say now is that I always do my best for my team, I always work hard for the success of my team.

BayernForum.com: It is known that some Bayern players like to play FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer games. Do you join in? If so, what do you think of your character on these games? Is there anything you would change?
Tymoshchuk: Yes, some players like simulators, but I don’t like it. I don’t play any of these games; I prefer real football, not computer games. I watched my teammates playing games, but I didn’t put my attention, I am not interested in it. If I have free time I prefer to play cards, for example poker games.

BayernForum.com: Do players read what is written about them in fan forums? If so, which ones? Does anyone ever read BayernForum.com?
Tymoshchuk: Hm, I think you have to ask personally, because I don’t know exactly. The players are interested in the information, but usually they get comments or read news from official websites or TV channels. FC Bayern is big club with a lot of fans, so there are many fan-sites and you need a lot of time to watch all of them.

Thank you for your time, Herr Tymoshchuk!
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [EXCLUSIVE] Interview with Anatoliy Tymoschchuk

Postby MUTU » Thu May 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Some other questions asked before the match against Schalke:

MUTU: Do you think that FC Bayern will be playing in the Champions League next season?
Tymoshchuk: Sure, we will, we must

MUTU: Hannover have 3 easy games, and have been helped by referees all season
Tymoshchuk: Wir sind FC Bayern! We'll keep on fighting till the end

MUTU: It's what everyone expects too, otherwise you would be in the wrong career. Which team do you think has the biggest chance of drawing or beating Hannover?
Tymoshchuk: I don't think about Hannover, I think about FC Bayern and our games
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: [EXCLUSIVE] Interview with Anatoliy Tymoshchuk

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Cool. I was kind of expecting shorter answers, it was really great of him to do this.
Super Bayern!

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Thu May 05, 2011 8:02 pm

GREAT INTERVIEW From A GREAT PLAYER AND PERSON

Thanks MUTU

MUTU wrote:. If I have free time I prefer to play cards, for example poker games.

ARMBRUST MUST BE PROUD NOW :P
MUTU wrote:BayernForum.com: Since arriving in Munich, you have spent some time on the bench and also played some games as a centre-back, which is not your favourite position. How do you feel about this? Is it true that you actually complained about this?

MUTU wrote:BayernForum.com: Is there any noticeable difference between Andries Jonker and Louis Van Gaal in training style?
Tymoshchuk: They have been worked together for a long time, they have similar ideas, but every coach has his own view, anyway. I can say that there are some different principals of Jonker which he uses in the training process and matches, when he became the head coach he made some changes in the training process with new drills and methods.

Good that both of My suggested questions made it to the interview =D> =D> =D> :mrgreen:

But I think that his answer to the Jonker-LvG differences was not that Good , like he does not want to say anything
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby tflags » Thu May 05, 2011 8:07 pm

Actually, the last two were awesome! Wait, hum, those were mine actually. :mrgreen: I forgot. :^o

+1 Karma to Tymo. Very nice of him. MUTU, you will get karma points like crazy for this one...
Rule #692: Whatever you do in life, Alaba... has done it better.
tflags
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby quaazi » Thu May 05, 2011 8:16 pm

Already got one from me.

I propose our next move is organizing a poker night with Tymo.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby CroCHEF » Thu May 05, 2011 9:14 pm

now you ask him for new season kit :mrgreen:

JK
great work MUTU, you get double karma from me
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Great interview. I was worried that a few of the questions sounded negative though. Maybe a few more positive questions would have helped. But we can't help it with such a dissapointing season. :lol: +1
My Bayern Munich Video Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FEfz_Vu3Q&feature=player_embedded

#1 Fan of Thomas Muller in starting 11
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby ballackfcb » Thu May 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Top quality work from MUTU =D> =D> =D>

PS. Tymo answered my question :wink:
ballackfcb
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MUTU » Thu May 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Great job all of you, after all these are your questions! =D> =D>
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu May 05, 2011 11:53 pm

This thread is going to set a record for number of Facebook likes that is going to stand for quite some time it seems :) Already 125 likes :)
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SilentStrike » Fri May 06, 2011 12:00 am

MUTU wrote:This thread is going to set a record for number of Facebook likes that is going to stand for quite some time it seems :) Already 125 likes :)

Just added one :)
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby The Spyware » Fri May 06, 2011 12:31 am

awesome work thnx Mutu
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby shileno » Fri May 06, 2011 12:49 am

Thanks a lot MUTU and Tymo! :D All I can say right now is, I wished we could have gotten him earlier, he's a true professional.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby armbrust » Fri May 06, 2011 1:16 am

I propose our next move is organizing a poker night with Tymo.

Just let me know when hes available and i can set up a tournament online for all us..

ARMBRUST MUST BE PROUD NOW

I would be proud if i train him and he ships something big :D . But yes im glad that he plays poker, he didnt say if it was online or live.Would be nice to know his nick and site in case its online.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion