You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt

Postby Anna_French6 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:13 am

I think you misunderstood my sarcasm. I think it is absolutely wrong to put an injured player on the pitch, and there is much controversy in America now about the terrible brain damage that shows up in players even after they have retired. Playing with concussions is horrible, and it used to be common even at the high school level. I think that will all be gone in a few years. What I was trying to say is that the Bayern fans seem to think the doctors are too careful, and we in America have the exact opposite problem. Good heavens! I do not think an injured player should come back until he is completely ready.
Anna_French6
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Argeta » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:25 am

bigdrop wrote:What exactly is the criticism of the medical staff? That they will not put a player on the pitch until they feel he is ready? They will not rush rehabilitation? They will not sacrifice the possible health of an athlete for the club's game?

Pep is the one pushing the players..
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:30 am

What the actual ****.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Bayernbazi » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:34 pm

RedQueen wrote:
pyrasur wrote: To say MW and the medical staff has not done a great job this season is not disrespectful of his past 40 years of service.

No, that's not disrespectful, although I don't think we have enough information for such an assessment. What's disrespectful and even damaging their reputation is painting MW's office as some kind of stoneage witchdoctor's tent where only unproven and ancient methods are used. Unfortunately the website is still down, but how is it possible as a Bayern fan that you've never heard that MW's office has performed surgeries on our players, or that they have used electrotherapy for treating Robben's muscle injuries - how are these medieval methods or homeopathy?

Maybe some of the fans outside Germany aren't aware that Müller-Wohlfahrt was part of FC Bayern's core identity. You just have to skim through the German media today for the reactions. Everywhere you can read commentaries how with the loss of MW Bayern have lost part of their identity. Look for the reactions of former players like Matthäus, Effenberg, or former managers like Hitzfeld. Everyone thinks its a big, big mistake. Look for Heynckes' statements how much he valued MW. It will give you an idea how important he was for the team, not just as a physician but also as a psychological support. Call it sentimental if you like, but he was a very important member of the Bayern family and the much famed "mia san mia". It's just not right for such a relationship to end like this.

I agree 100% with this...as I stated previously apart from Pep and MW there are others who have their hands dirty. The signs were all there but the management was like an ostrich with the head in the sand...not only the way it was ended, also the timing is very bad.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RedQueen » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:57 pm

I've read many comments by people who are connected to the club that they expect, as I wrote earlier, players, in particular Robben and the German internationals, to continue visiting Müller-Wohlfahrt no matter what new doctor is installed. We have free choice of doctors in Germany, no one can stop them. I've read that Robben made it a precondition for the extension of his contract that MW will continue to treat him. The German internationals rate him very highly and will not easily trust anyone over him. This is not a good situation. It has the potential of creating a rift between players and Guardiola. What if the new doctor tells a player he is fit to play, and MW tells him he is not?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:06 pm

RedQueen wrote:I've read many comments by people who are connected to the club that they expect, as I wrote earlier, players, in particular Robben and the German internationals, to continue visiting Müller-Wohlfahrt no matter what new doctor is installed. We have free choice of doctors in Germany, no one can stop them. I've read that Robben made it a precondition for the extension of his contract that MW will continue to treat him. The German internationals rate him very highly and will not easily trust anyone over him. This is not a good situation. It has the potential of creating a rift between players and Guardiola. What if the new doctor tells a player he is fit to play, and MW tells him he is not?

Then let him walk. If a player rates his affinity towards a doctor(whoever that may be)higher than his passion for the club then he shouldn't be a part of this legendary symbol called Bayern.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby RedQueen » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Surely you're joking? You think they'll let Lahm, Neuer, Robben walk because they visit Müller-Wohlfahrt for a second opinion, and maybe trust his diagnosis over whoever is installed by the club? Health of the players doesn't mean a whole lot then, does it?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:41 pm

The players are grown up men they realise that HWMW wouldn't be around forever!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RedQueen » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:50 pm

Interesting ideas here about the club. Well, I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:27 pm

RedQueen wrote:Surely you're joking? You think they'll let Lahm, Neuer, Robben walk because they visit Müller-Wohlfahrt for a second opinion, and maybe trust his diagnosis over whoever is installed by the club? Health of the players doesn't mean a whole lot then, does it?

Asking for a second opinion is a whole other thing than saying you'll leave the club if you don't get treated by X or Y.
And if you think those players would do such thing, then the joke is on you.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby RedQueen » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:57 pm

Machiavellico wrote: Asking for a second opinion is a whole other thing than saying you'll leave the club if you don't get treated by X or Y.
And if you think those players would do such thing, then the joke is on you.

And pray tell, where did I say such a thing?
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:23 pm

So, Neuer told Sky in no uncertain terms that he's a German international and that he will "of course" continue to be treated by Müller-Wohlfahrt.

Ärzte-Krach beim FC Bayern | AZ [source]
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sws » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:55 pm

Interview with a professor in a German sports university.
Express [source]

"Coach Guardiola is a man with a modern perspective, in contrast to Dr. Mueller Wohlfahrt who is convinced by his guru-worship and tends to self importance. In terms of medicine, Guardiola follows facts. Mueller-Wohlfahrt, however has withdrawn from facts for years and refers to his experience. His methods are not scientifically proven."

"Last, Ribery was treated in France. Thiago in Spain. Overall, MWH is no longer a fit."

"It's a great opportunity because most Bundesliga clubs now have modern medical departments. This could also now happen in Bayern."

Usain Bolt's agent said that he would be treated by MWH, until he retires.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:00 pm

I think that Pep made a lot of haters in the dressing room... I have a feeling that the German NT players are not with him anymore... If this really is the truth hope that they are not the ones to go...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:02 pm

Froböse :)
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion