You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt

Postby Dalv » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:20 am

When I said the medical team was overrated, not good enough for this level and measures should be taken everybody was defending them, but looks like our staff knew there were serious problems in this direction.
I'm happy there's a new med team.
Last edited by Dalv on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:21 am

Now he says the doctor's not responsible for the injuries. I can't wait to hear what Mull has to say.

If the players really continue going to MW, because they trust him over other doctors, then all that has been accomplished with this farce is a huge breach of trust.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:28 am

"Damage control" alert! #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

I hope someone will Rummenigge fire from the club. I don't want him anymore at Bayern.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MillaMjau » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:33 am

RedQueen wrote:I can't wait to hear what Mull has to say.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dalv » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:41 am

You people are too sentimental, acting like he's the only doctor in the world. There are many good doctors out there, and in the last years MW didn't perform at his best anymore, maybe it's his age. Not to mention his methods like homeopathy are not exactly what you'd expect at this level. Lately he did more harm than good. If anything, it's good news he's gone, maybe we'll have a staff like the other big clubs in Europe who never get to have injury crisis like these.

And I bet the players are actually happy about this.
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:45 am

Come on people calm down!

Wtf is going on? Everyone is overreacting with this one.

We lost against Porto and now everything is felling apart like last year. Facts speak for themselves and there were just too many injuries. Dr. MW was was great for us and players will continue to choose if they want to get treated by him. No big deal. It had to came from the top and not only from Pep as he is only a coach and not manager/director etc...

Stop going all crazy about Pep has to go etc... He is one of the best managers in the world and we are lucky to have him.

we lost against Porto because of 3 stupid mistakes that made us lose our composure and panicked so we made a lot of mistakes. Tactics was not great but if our defenders kept their heads cool we would got at least a draw.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby RedQueen » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:47 am

Dalv wrote:You people are too sentimental, acting like he's the only doctor in the world. There are many good doctors out there, and in the last years MW didn't perform at his best anymore, maybe it's his age. Not to mention his methods like homeopathy are not exactly what you'd expect at this level. Lately he did more harm than good. If anything, it's good news he's gone, maybe we'll have a staff like the other big clubs in Europe who never get to have injury crisis like these.

Yes, he's so shit that CR7 consulted him when the great Madrid docs failed, Usain Bolt openly credited him with owing him for his olympic medal, Andy Murray received treatment from him, as did Steven Gerrard. :roll:
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sws » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:55 am

RedQueen wrote:
Dalv wrote:You people are too sentimental, acting like he's the only doctor in the world. There are many good doctors out there, and in the last years MW didn't perform at his best anymore, maybe it's his age. Not to mention his methods like homeopathy are not exactly what you'd expect at this level. Lately he did more harm than good. If anything, it's good news he's gone, maybe we'll have a staff like the other big clubs in Europe who never get to have injury crisis like these.

Yes, he's so shit that CR7 consulted him when the great Madrid docs failed, Usain Bolt openly credited him with owing him for his olympic medal, Andy Murray received treatment from him, as did Steven Gerrard. :roll:

I love how we're crediting celebrities and not doctors or anything actually factual or based on science. For all we know, it was all a placebo effect because nothing he does is backed by imperial evidence.

Jenny McCarthy says vaccines cause autism so let's ban vaccines. Steve Jobs says that homeopathy is better than chemotherapy, so let's do that instead? Wtf.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Dalv » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:56 am

Yea right, RedQueen, please tell me why RM, Barca, Chelsea etc dont have such injury crisis if we had "the best med staff in the world". Oh, that's right, it's because they actually have a professional medical team.
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:02 pm

Of course, the medical team is responsible for players picking up injuries. I'm not going to discuss the medical merits of MW; I sincerely doubt that anyone here is qualified for professional judgment.

What I do know however is that a VERY important factor in a patient-doctor relationship is trust. The players trust MW. They've stated that over and over again. If you're a fraud, you don't keep receiving that trust from world class athletes for 38 years.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:12 pm

I am on neither side in this argument. I think MW has overall done very very good work with Bayern but I also think it's very clear there has been something horribly wrong all season. People have been mentioning Ribery and Thiago, but there are other cases. Benatia keeps on getting minor injuries over and over. Martinez and Badstuber were not supposed to be out for long according to the initial diagnoses. No one knew what was going on with Schweinsteiger earlier in the season. Alaba, who has never really been injury prone, just suffered two very long injuries in one season.

There are probably many factors in this: training, opponents, and luck. But I'm not confident in the kind of treating they're receiving anymore. I respect MW and I think his career speaks for itself, but perhaps it was simply time to move on. What's a shame is that it had to end in this way.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:21 pm

There's a lot of fuss. This is the way I see it:

- HWMW does highly experimental stuff not backed up by research and largely lacking in documentation, using some substances that are even deemed illegal.
- He has been doing it for over 40 years, achieving good results.
- HWMW is a big supporter of homeopathy.
- Homeopathy may work for some people but not for others.
- His fame can be partly (obviously not fully) attributed to the fact that his therapy is pretty much unique.
- He has an excellent track record with sprinters.
- He has a good track record with some players (case in point Robben) but not with others (case in point Zickler who used to be injured all the time at Bayern but far less when he left).
- The results and estimations have been on the decline for some time, and this interferes with a coach's plan.
- Bayern want to modernize the way things are done with the medical team. In particular because the results with modern set-ups are more successful than at Bayern.
- HWMW will still probably be used with trickier injuries, but with more run-of-the-mill injuries like Ribery's 3-4 day injury would be handled using modern, well-researched and documented science.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Özil and Khedira decided to consult him over the doctors at Real and Arsenal in the international break. I'm almost willing to take bets this time that this will end up like the Klinsmann affair. The players will keep going to Mull no matter what doctor Guardiola installs, and in the end, Guardiola will be gone and Müller Wohlfahrt will be back.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dalv » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:25 pm

That means you want this club to fail totally.
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sws » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:25 pm

RedQueen wrote:Özil and Khedira decided to consult him over the doctors at Real and Arsenal in the international break. I'm almost willing to take bets this time that this will end up like the Klinsmann affair. The players will keep going to Mull no matter what doctor Guardiola installs, and in the end, Guardiola will be gone and Müller Wohlfahrt will be back.

What if the new medical team is better? At this point, anything would be better after this season of injuries.

Even if he comes back in 2 years, do we really want to go back to a 75 year old doctor with antiquated, unproven methods?
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion