You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:38 am

RedQueen wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:Dr. Wohlfahrt is over 70 years, he would retire from bayern soon, because it has been 4 or 5 years since he started to show symptomps of tiredness as our doctor, many times he said that he will retire for give more attention to his private clinic.

It's not just Wohlfahrt retiring, it's his entire staff retiring, four doctors including the entire medical personnel!

They were recognized as one of the best medical teams in the world and now all of a sudden since Guardiola arrived they've all gone shit?

This must be horrible for the players. I don't like the implications of that Bild article at all. I only hope Bayern doesn't become one of those clubs now where players are made fit with injections no matter the consequences.

what kind of implications? Can you kindly specify? thanks
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:43 am

I see a lot of finger-pointing at Guardiola, but apparently even Sammer and Rummenigge have accused the medical team. Let's face it, they've not been up to par this season. While Guardiola may have handled it unprofessionally, I don't think it was completely unmerited either. For example Ribery should have been back in 3-4 days, but he's been out for 4 weeks so far.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:46 am

ramsej84 wrote:what kind of implications? Can you kindly specify? thanks

That they're criticizing him because players aren't getting fit soon enough. MW is known to be a conservative doctor, one who doesn't like taking risky short-cuts and getting players fit with injections. That was supposedly the controversy around Thiago's treatment last year (we still don't exactly know what happened in Spain there).
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:51 am

This is not a complete surprise for those who have followed Pep's career at Barca. Behind the scenes there were always signs of a fickle character.

Winning so much in 2009-11, which is obviously because of Pep's work but also a bit of a good fortune of having Messi-Xavi-Iniesta at their absolute peak as a trio, hid some of the rumblings but since he left Barca a lot of stuff has come out. It's quite clear that Pep is a very difficult character to work with. A perfecionist in his own mind, but also someone that is extremely dissmissive of anyone else's opinion or input.

I continue to believe that it's actually best if we part ways with him now. It will be very difficult fo a new coach to take over after he is done if continues to build a team that only Pep sees as coachable.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdepT » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:56 am

MUTU wrote:I see a lot of finger-pointing at Guardiola, but apparently even Sammer and Rummenigge have accused the medical team. Let's face it, they've not been up to par this season. While Guardiola may have handled it unprofessionally, I don't think it was completely unmerited either. For example Ribery should have been back in 3-4 days, but he's been out for 4 weeks so far.

The reason probably is that they are too much in awe of him to even consider something else; like trying to consider talking/analyzing rather than putting the blame on the doctor. Injuries take time, it's not simple maths that a bone or ligament will be strong enough in this or that many days. Analysis change depending on the present conditions.
My father fractured his leg last Aug and only recently started using braces; while in beginning the doc had said it should be fine in 4-5 months. Medicine is not 0 or 1 kinda field.

Players aren't taking more time to heal, Wohlfahrt has been here for 40 years; it's just that we have too many of them in the medical room.
Rather than pointing fingers on the guy not fixing them quick enough, I'd rather point towards the one sending them there. But I won't do that because injuries are part of the game. You just don't rush ligament/bone fractures.

Where is Element? Perhaps he'll stand for his brethren. :P
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby sws » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:02 am

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... ve-syringe
http://www.theupright.ie/the-mystery-of ... e-dunne-2/

Interesting articles to look at. He apparently uses a lot of homeopathy. Maybe it's best we got a new medical team..
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:08 am

That the timing is wrong is unquestionable. I really don't know what to make out of this.

One side the medical staff is certainly not responsible for doing nothing to keep any of the players that left and now resulted in the lack of options.

On the other side there are the relapsing or never healing injuries. With the exception of Thiago, all the others were under the sole responsibility of HWMW's team. There was also Pep's insistence to have HWMW's team at Säbener Strasse which I don't think is that unjustified. Sometimes it is not bad to re-vamp some age old practices

I think the Thiago tug-o-war between Pep and HWMW may have triggered this feud and sincerely hope that the never ending injuries that followed aren't the victims of some spanners in the works from one-side to the other.

Shame that this was left to rot so much and explode in such a spectacular way by the management, all the signals were there even for us mere outsiders. I immediately picked up the Pep clapping incident on Benatia's relapse and thought that the guy looked like crazy bit too way out of his usual composure.
Last edited by Bayernbazi on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:15 am

AdepT wrote:
MUTU wrote:I see a lot of finger-pointing at Guardiola, but apparently even Sammer and Rummenigge have accused the medical team. Let's face it, they've not been up to par this season. While Guardiola may have handled it unprofessionally, I don't think it was completely unmerited either. For example Ribery should have been back in 3-4 days, but he's been out for 4 weeks so far.

The reason probably is that they are too much in awe of him to even consider something else; like trying to consider talking/analyzing rather than putting the blame on the doctor. Injuries take time, it's not simple maths that a bone or ligament will be strong enough in this or that many days. Analysis change depending on the present conditions.
My father fractured his leg last Aug and only recently started using braces; while in beginning the doc had said it should be fine in 4-5 months. Medicine is not 0 or 1 kinda field.

Players aren't taking more time to heal, Wohlfahrt has been here for 40 years; it's just that we have too many of them in the medical room.
Rather than pointing fingers on the guy not fixing them quick enough, I'd rather point towards the one sending them there. But I won't do that because injuries are part of the game. You just don't rush ligament/bone fractures.

Where is Element? Perhaps he'll stand for his brethren.

As a Medicine Student, i can 100% confirm that medicine is not a 0 1 science especially that there are no 2 identical human beings .. BUT:

Estimating an injury to last for 3 days and it lasting 4 weeks is surely not right, there is either a mistake in the initial diagnosis or a mistake in treatment

Same thing applies on Thiago who got injured multiple times on the same place without even playing!

While i am totally against the way they made him quit , One also has to think on why bayern started doubting him

Ribery and thiagos cases are good examples , adding to that the clap to the doctor after benatias injury, While the clapping by itself is rude , it actually meant "Good job docs , i told you i had a feeling he wasnt ok and i was right"
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby The Black Cleaver » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:17 am

Great news. I hope new medical staff will be better.
The Black Cleaver
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:17 am

It's clear that the communication policy leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to injuries. But who knows who is to blame for that.

I just don't get why there were never any problems with an injury crisis until Guardiola arrived. MW and his team have been there since 1977. Everything was alright. Ask Robben about MW's record. Everything still was alright with the German national team at the World Cup in summer. He was even lauded for getting Neuer, Schweinsteiger and Lahm fit in time. Only at Bayern and only since summer 2013 there's been an injury crisis. Maybe it's time to inquire why so many injuries occur all of a sudden in the first place.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:18 am

Sounds like another "burn-out" after three years of coaching for Pep. Very much a van Gaal type after all - but the players adore him and that's the difference-maker. After the Real Madrid fiasco last year the squad is not going to challenge him again. I don't think he will be gone any time soon, at least not by decree of our board.

As for Müller-Wohlfahrt, the players adored him as well. He was known for... questionable practices, but he was an expert on the psychological aspect of medicine, which is so, SO often overlooked. A happy patient will recover quicker and better. His replacement has a lot to live up to. But I can't say that Pep is entirely to blame for the breakdown in communications, in fact I wouldn't say Pep is even mostly in the blame. A coach needs to know what condition his squad is in, and we've seen very, very (,very) wild prognosis' this and previous seasons in regards to return dates.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:19 am

RedQueen wrote:I just don't get why there were never any problems with an injury crisis until Guardiola arrived. MW and his team have been there since 1977. Everything was alright. Ask Robben about MW's record. Everything still was alright with the German national team at the World Cup in summer. He was even lauded for getting Neuer, Schweinsteiger and Lahm fit in time. Only at Bayern and only since summer 2013 there's been an injury crisis. Maybe it's time to inquire why so many injuries occur all of a sudden in the first place.

That's just way off! In fact I think someone brought up the mid-van Gaal-era injury crisis in this very thread!
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RedQueen » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:23 am

A side note: Süddeutsche just published an article saying that even though there was a doctor installed at the Säbener Straße at Guardiola's request, the players still drove to Müller-Wohlfahrt's place in the city when they were injured instead of consulting the doctor right at hand.

Good luck installing that kind of trust with an entirely new and unknown medical team.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:24 am

by @Bajuwandres

Seriously, there's no actual pattern of Guardiola era injuries. This season is a freak anomaly when looking at it from a statistical viewpoint. The far more alarming stat is how Barcelona's injuries are far more sparse than ours.

.. though, I guess you could read something into the post-international competition injury cycle being harder in the Pep era at Bayern, but again, that's nto a pattern for Barcelona, who supplies half the Spanish national team!
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Rauntšik » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:25 am

"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion