You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Gianluca Gaudino

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Gianluca Gaudino

Postby Badger » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:21 am

JANCKER wrote:
thephfactor wrote:Saw somewhere he had 96% pass percentage. Damn.

Isn't that something for his debut? Gave a perfect ball which almost lead to a goal. Seems to possess everything but 'physique', I didn't see 'physique' in neither Pirlo nor Iniesta but that didn't stop them to be great players, and he reminds of both.

Looks a bit like 2 other great central-midfield players as well: Kroos and Guardiola.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Ruht » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:33 am

Completed 57 out of 59 passes. Superb debut for the young lad, was thoroughly impressed with him. Really hope we get to see more of him throughout the season.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:37 am

Ruht wrote:

Completed 57 out of 59 passes. Superb debut for the young lad, was thoroughly impressed with him. Really hope we get to see more of him throughout the season.

That's 97% pass succes then

Rounded up from 0.96610169491525423728813559322034
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Badger » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:41 am

MUTU wrote:They can't give him a pro contract until he's 18. So he's like a pro now, only on paper he isn't.

Anyone know when he's 18? I imagine that he can't be loaned out until such a contract is possible. (Not that I particularly want him loaned out; I'm just wondering about what all Bayern might do.)
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:52 am

Badger wrote:
MUTU wrote:They can't give him a pro contract until he's 18. So he's like a pro now, only on paper he isn't.

Anyone know when he's 18? I imagine that he can't be loaned out until such a contract is possible. (Not that I particularly want him loaned out; I'm just wondering about what all Bayern might do.)

That wasn't tough to find out :P

11th November 2014, Gaudino will turn 18. Therefore he could be eligible for a pro contract and loaned out in the next transfer window.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:22 am

He is an extremely intelligent player.

MUTU wrote:11th November 2014, Gaudino will turn 18.

He shares his birthday with Lahm, so that explains it.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bazi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:15 am

If Gaudino manages to pull off a Hargreaves, we might even solve the long-discussed and very tiresome Lahm 'should he play RB or CM' - problem.

I doubt it though, he still lacks too much physicality.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Badger » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:51 pm

MUTU wrote:
Badger wrote:

That wasn't tough to find out :P

11th November 2014, Gaudino will turn 18. Therefore he could be eligible for a pro contract and loaned out in the next transfer window.

No indeed. All one has to do is post the question on Bayern Forum, and there's sure to be someone there who knows the answer. :wink:

More seriously, thanks for the info.

On a related note, some comments have been made about his physicality. I can see where they're coming from, but I don't think it is a matter worth overreacting to. Firstly, Gaudino plays a possession game where he rarely lets opponents near him. Secondly, Lahm has shown the world for years that defence is more about technique than physical size. The only part of the game where it may matter is 50:50 challenges. For that, we may have to wait, but he will grow, beef up and assert himself more.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby runaway » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:33 pm

There was a moment in the game where he was able to box out Guztavo. It was an 50/50 ball, he turned and baited Guztavo to foul him and earned a free kick.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Achilles » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:32 am

Gaudino needs to stretch his 1-1,5 month playing time,it was really an astonishing performance considering that nor Schweini or an experienced player at the midfield watched his back and remember is an opening match(higher difficulty level) against a top German team,I was very happy for him and very pleased,he came out of no where,well he has weaknesses of course but for his 17-years he is a great talent and absolutely a smart player,let's his development and he is capable to do but it has been years from such a great debut match from a rookie.

Taking Robben's praise in a match which the Dutchman was maybe the best player on the pitch is not something you can walk past easily.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:50 am

I really liked his game yesterday, but don't let that % fool you, because he had fewer touches than Alaba for instance (he had 65 touches according to whoscored, which is not a lot for someone playing his position, even if you consider we were more direct than last year). His movement kind of reminds me of Kroos, even the way he's tackling and tracking back. I think he's the closest thing we have to him for now, so he might actually see a lot of playing time. We need to avoid fielding him against teams that do intense pressing in the midfield, or we should field him as CAM against those sides with 2 more physical CMFs.

Really impressive kid, I think a year long loan (once he's old enough) would do a lot of good to him. Might be our new Alaba in the making.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:35 pm

I wasnt really that impressed by him vs Wolfsburg but he did hold himself for a 17 year old playing in his position. I want to see him have more of a presence in games before I make any real opinions of him.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I wasnt really that impressed by him vs Wolfsburg but he did hold himself for a 17 year old playing in his position. I want to see him have more of a presence in games before I make any real opinions of him.

I think his limitations at this point are mostly physical. He makes really smart plays. In a few years once he grows up and has even more experience he could become a terrific midfielder. The potential is certainly there.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Gianluca Gaudino

Postby Badger » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:06 pm

At what time in the game was his physicality significant? I really didn't see much of note.

I do agree that he isn't the complete package yet. The reasons have little to do with physicality though. Rather (1) very many of his passes were sideways and backwards (2) he doesn't try enough to tackle and (3) he has no arial game. Much of that can be improved anytime/before he becomes a muscle-bound giant. It is all largely about courage and technique.

All that does not detract from the fact that Guadino is a wonderful talent and has delivered several excellent performances this summer.

On a different note, I'm wondering whether Guardiola really misses Kroos's style of play, and is investing a lot in Gaudino because he sees him as the most natural replacement for Kroos.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:19 pm

He reminds me of Ander Herrera who also has a very thin body.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion