You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Gerd Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Gerd Müller: “It will be more difficult for Toni now”

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:52 am

When Bayern go travelling for European competitions, Gerd Müller is invariably there with the team. The man once known as ‘Der Bomber’, who himself scored 66 goals in 74 international matches for Bayern, is something of a talisman for the men from Munich. Coming hard on the heels of the withdrawal through injury of Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski, Ottmar Hitzfeld can only hope that some of Müller’s sharpshooting prowess rubs off on the current side.

During the journey to Lisbon fcbayern.de seized the opportunity to speak with Müller about the absence of Klose and its impact on Luca Toni, and about his scoring record of 40 goals in a Bundesliga season. Will it ever be broken?

The Gerd Müller interview:

fcbayern.de Bayern must do without Miroslav Klose und Lukas Podolski for the game in Lisbon. Is that why Ottmar Hitzfeld has brought along “Der Bomber”, as a talisman?
Gerd Müller: (Laughs). “No, in fact I travel with Bayern on all their Champions’ League trips, and of course in the UEFA Cup too.”

fcbayern.de How serious do you think the absence of Klose will be?
Gerd Müller: “I believe Klose is a terrific forward. He’s strong in the air, shields the ball excellently, and always lays the ball off skilfully for his colleagues. Everything he’s done so far has been top-class.”

fcbayern.de The dream duo of Klose and Toni has been parted for the moment. How difficult will it now be for Luca alone up front?
Gerd Müller: “If Miroslav can’t play, it’s more difficult for Luca Toni. As a lone striker you always find it more difficult, because when you’re on your own the defence can focus on you better. And in addition Klose has already set up a few goals for Toni.”

fcbayern.de After Klose scored eight goals in the first eight Bundesliga matches people have started talking about whether your record from the 1972-73 season might be in danger…
Gerd Müller: “I do believe that some day, someone will break the record. But first you have to score 40 goals, and it will be hard for Miroslav now with this injury. But talking about it doesn’t seem to bring people luck. Two years ago Roy Makaay was considered a candidate to score 40 goals after he hit six in the first three matches. But then he got injured and afterwards he didn’t score for ages.”

fcbayern.de Ottmar Hitzfeld believes your record will still be standing 50 years from now.
Gerd Müller: “I think that if no-one does it this season, then no-one will manage it for a long time. But if anyone is capable score 40 goals, it would be Miroslav Klose.”
FC Bajern

60 Seconds w/ Gerd Muller!

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:10 pm

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/15122008/58/60-seconds-gerd-muller.html

I saw this short, funny interview with Der Bomber today and thought I'd share. Obviously he's the man, but honestly who doesn't like pizza?!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: 60 Seconds w/ Gerd Muller!

Postby Element » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:26 pm

Gerd Muller had A Weird Habit while he was a player

he used to wears football shoes with the size of 41 , even though his foot size is 38

The Reason he said is that he could Turn around Better !!!!!
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby appudds » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:47 pm

Element wrote:he used to wears football shoes with the size of 41 , even though his foot size is 38

Weird!!!
I wudn be comfortable in dat case!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:51 pm

appudds wrote:Weird!!!
I wudn be comfortable in dat case!

no

in fact i used to wear bigger shoe sizes (by 1 or 2)

and they are Comfortable (especially with 1 Shoe size difference)
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:11 pm

Element wrote:no

in fact i used to wear bigger shoe sizes (by 1 or 2)

and they are Comfortable (especially with 1 Shoe size difference)

With one yeah!
But with 3?
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:24 pm

I played football twice with bigger shoe sizes (1 and a half size difference) and I couldn't play well. They are comfortable to wear, but not to play ! :o
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby appudds » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:09 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I played football twice with bigger shoe sizes (1 and a half size difference) and I couldn't play well. They are comfortable to wear, but not to play ! :o

I agree..
Its not comfortable to play with if the size difference is more than 2!
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby draconaut » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:43 am

FCBinNYC wrote:http://eurosport.yahoo.com/15122008/58/60-seconds-gerd-muller.html

I saw this short, funny interview with Der Bomber today and thought I'd share. Obviously he's the man, but honestly who doesn't like pizza?!

I dont like pizza :roll: and the link is expired.
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gerd Müller

Postby Element » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Der Bomber der Nation
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: Gerd Müller

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Lionel Messi has broken Gerd Muller's record for most goals scored in a season. :( Congratulations Leo! =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2012 9:25 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Lionel Messi has broken Gerd Muller's record for most goals scored in a season. :( Congratulations Leo! =D>

With considerably more matches played, you have to say.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed May 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Apparently two of those were penalties. :|
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby KAHN » Thu May 03, 2012 4:27 am

Gerd needed only 49 matches to score those 67 goals and no penalties!
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 03, 2012 7:06 am

Well Messi has scored several penalties I think (including 2 yesterday). How many games did he play?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion