You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official generic player & staff discussion

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Official generic player & staff discussion

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:26 pm

BERLIN, Oct 4 (Reuters) - Bayern Munich coach Felix Magath has criticised his strikers Lukas Podolski and Roy Makaay for playing too passively after the German champions' defeat by lowly VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday.

"It's become clear what's not working for us this season. Our attack lacks the ability to assert itself," Magath said in an interview published on Wednesday. "It needs to show more class and just simply score more goals," he told Sport Bild.

Bayern have scored only seven goals in their six matches and were humiliated by Wolfsburg 1-0. It was Wolfsburg's first win of the season and lifted them off the bottom of the table.

With three wins in their six matches, Bayern are in fourth place with 10 points. Last season, they had a perfect 18 points from their first six Bundesliga matches.

Magath said Bayern, who acquired Germany striker Podolski from Cologne in the off-season, have top attacking talent but match statistics show only Peru striker Claudio Pizarro has gone into and won a sufficient number of duels with opponents.

"Pizarro has many times more duels than Roy or Poldi," Magath said, adding he planned special training measures for Makaay and Podolski to increase their aggressiveness.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:51 pm

Thats not very fair. I know Roy and Poldi aren't scoring much but Poldi doesnt exactly get much playtime these days does he. When he does, its 15 minutes and he'd be doing great if he could score a goal in that time.
More training sessions sound a good idea but they're not passive upfront. Maybe not AGGRESSIVE either but I don't think its in a striker to be passive :P
And we weren't humiliated. We lost is all.
Argh Magath.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:20 pm

I think it's true though... Pizarro is the one who tries hardest to get the ball and try to tackle opponents to take their ball.

I'd play Pizarro and Podolski for now.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby podolski4life » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:54 pm

Ai, they overdid this a bit. Poldi attacks right when he comes off the bench. The problem is that the chances go wide. I agree with the Makaay thing though. He's seems to have lost the spark.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:37 pm

It's weird with Makaay suddenly losing form because didnt he score two goals right at the start of the season? I thought he was in for a good season.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Marko » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:14 am

Felix is good manager,he knows the best and I trust him,don't you guys?
strenght to endure
Marko
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby diegis » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:53 pm

Marko wrote:Felix is good manager,he knows the best and I trust him,don't you guys?

yeh i agree with you he is a good manager, but sometimes he makes strange decisions,...
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby kevh26 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:56 pm

Mirage wrote:It's weird with Makaay suddenly losing form because didnt he score two goals right at the start of the season? I thought he was in for a good season.

look at his start to last season... there was talk of him beating muller's record for goals in a season, but then... it just dried up!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:44 pm

kevh26 wrote:
Mirage wrote:It's weird with Makaay suddenly losing form because didnt he score two goals right at the start of the season? I thought he was in for a good season.

look at his start to last season... there was talk of him beating muller's record for goals in a season, but then... it just dried up!

Poor guy =/
I worry about Poldi tho, he needs more games.

I trust Magath. He doesn't... go easy on the players it seems, and that's how it should be.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:22 pm

magath does appear to be great at bringing young players into teams, he is the reason Lahm's where he is!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Magath:We're happy with the squad we have

Postby dracus » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:04 am

Are we really happy and have 11 world class players and subs.
Forwards 8/10
We really need a goal scoring machine .Talks are there of pizarro moving out and makaay's getting old.Poldi cant handle it alone.
Vacancy:Goalscoring machine:Huntelaar
Midfield 7/10
Bayern's once very competitive mid is now at a disaster.
Ballack's gone.Hargeaves and Mark are the only world class midfield players left.Deisler's been out and is lacking form,experience and fitness.Hargeaves not happy.The rest of midfield is all talent.Someone with intl. exp. needed.
Vacancy:Right wing:ribery Playmaker:???(If deisler does not step in)
Defence 9/10
The defence is the only department where bayern has improved.2 greatest fullbacks and 3 excellent centerbacks.
Goalkeeper 10/10
We really dont need anything in this.We have the former best goalkeeper and the best next goalkeeping talent.
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: Magath:We're happy with the squad we have

Postby diegis » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:00 pm

dracus wrote:Midfield 7/10
Ballack's gone.Hargeaves and Mark are the only world class midfield players left.Deisler's been out and is lacking form,experience and fitness.Hargeaves not happy.The rest of midfield is all talent.Someone with intl. exp. needed.

how about schweinsteiger :?: i think bastian is over hargreaves and van bommel
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby kevh26 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:06 pm

dracus wrote:Are we really happy and have 11 world class players and subs.
Forwards 8/10
We really need a goal scoring machine .Talks are there of pizarro moving out and makaay's getting old.Poldi cant handle it alone.
Vacancy:Goalscoring machine:Huntelaar
Midfield 7/10
Defence 9/10
The defence is the only department where bayern has improved.2 greatest fullbacks and 3 excellent centerbacks.
Goalkeeper 10/10
We really dont need anything in this.We have the former best goalkeeper and the best next goalkeeping talent.

attack.. santa cruz is in fact a good playmaking striker, he holds the ball up well and is technically superior to the other three strikers, makaay is getting old and pizzaro probably will leave, but huntelaar isn't the answer... we need someone mid to late twenties witha lot more experience... Mutu for example
(not that we've ever been linked with him)

midfield... you missed out schweini... we need a couple of strong midfielders

defence... err hmm, 4 excellent centre backs!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:25 pm

kevh26 wrote:we need someone mid to late twenties witha lot more experience... Mutu for example
(not that we've ever been linked with him)

Actually we were, twice. The last time was this summer and the player said he wants to remain at Juventus.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Schweini_rules » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:19 pm

oh fcb and shit ...its not a success anyway ..that mother ***** ..
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion