You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official generic player & staff discussion

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby dracus » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:42 pm

kevh26 wrote:magath is a good manager, let's not forget he brought us the league and cup double back to back...

it's not his fault the board have no ambition... I honestly think that given two or three more years we'll have a fantastic, young side that can mature into a dominant force in germany and a good team in europe!

It looks like you voted for no
Magath got the squad which otzar had built.He had the service of world class payers who cluld lead the team to cl victory but we got knocked in the 2nd round instead.He doesnt know what should be the quality of a real bayern team and buys amateurs
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:23 pm

the squad hitzfeld left was in fact ageing... think of the back four... only sagnol and Lucio were at peak form...

the attack too was on the decline, elber, sergio, jancker had all left, zickler was cracking on in years,

midfield wise, ballack and ze roberto were the only one's to be truly counted on, players like hargreaves, demichelis, schweinsteiger, lahm, have come on leaps and bounds since magath joined.

and he has made some key signings, poldi, van buyten, ismael, van bommel etc

all signs point to him developing a new wave of players about the same age... mostly german, who can develop into future stars!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:04 am

kevh26 wrote:the squad hitzfeld left was in fact ageing... think of the back four... only sagnol and Lucio were at peak form...

the attack too was on the decline, elber, sergio, jancker had all left, zickler was cracking on in years,

midfield wise, ballack and ze roberto were the only one's to be truly counted on, players like hargreaves, demichelis, schweinsteiger, lahm, have come on leaps and bounds since magath joined.

and he has made some key signings, poldi, van buyten, ismael, van bommel etc

all signs point to him developing a new wave of players about the same age... mostly german, who can develop into future stars!

Who cares about the future when the club is struggling in the present.
I know the signings were good but what if
Cannavoro or nesta or thuram instead of isamel.
Viera or someone of his class could have joined the club then which squad would have been better
He didnt take any benefit of the juve's relegation even if he hadnt had any money.They were out there very cheap indeed.
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:02 pm

dracus wrote:Who cares about the future when the club is struggling in the present.

everyone... in the present, the bundesliga isn't a high profile league, low tv revenue makes it harder for clubs to shell out lots of money (look what happened to dortmund when they tried it, they went broke) combined with taxes in germany making wages that would attract the likes of cannavaro, harder to afford

... but given the quality of young talent in the bundesliga, and continuous development of youth squads, the quality can be raised such that when the money does come in, the big names will want to come to the bundesliga, and bayern will be a force to be reckoned with!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:32 pm

kevh26 wrote:
dracus wrote:Who cares about the future when the club is struggling in the present.

everyone... in the present, the bundesliga isn't a high profile league, low tv revenue makes it harder for clubs to shell out lots of money (look what happened to dortmund when they tried it, they went broke) combined with taxes in germany making wages that would attract the likes of cannavaro, harder to afford

... but given the quality of young talent in the bundesliga, and continuous development of youth squads, the quality can be raised such that when the money does come in, the big names will want to come to the bundesliga, and bayern will be a force to be reckoned with!

well said.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby dracus » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:40 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:
kevh26 wrote:

well said.

Let's hope so :wink:
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:41 pm

thanks, incidentally speaking... has anyone heard of a youngster called felsenberg? a lot of my friends have been mentioning him recently, but I can't find anything out about him (supposedly a young german midfielder)
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dracus » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:50 pm

tim felsenberg?
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:52 pm

nah, i'm almost certain it's hendrik, who's tim felsenberg, he sounds familiar
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dracus » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:57 pm

You got the spelling right :?:
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dracus » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:59 pm

Can you give some more details so that i can find out,
League?
Club?
Etc.
The only hendrik i know is larsson
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:06 am

kevh26 wrote:who's tim felsenberg

http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/felsenbergtim/
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DemmahoM » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:00 pm

Magath is a very good youth coach but I just don't think he is a top level coach.

He makes unbelievabley bad decisions at crucial times..

1)THAT formation against Chelsea at the bridge (Brazzo as a striker?)

2)Santa Cruz as our "Ballack replecement"

3)Swapping Frings with Valerian Ismael.. (we lost a classy midfielder for a poor mans Boumsong)
DemmahoM
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:01 pm

Uli issued a statement that Magath's job is safe. They never thought about it(sacking Magath).

So, end of story. We'll have to live with it.

Btw, about match with Chelsea at Bridge, all our strikers were injured I guess.
I am not sure though.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby dracus » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:45 pm

"If the team continues to play as it did on Saturday, then we'll have Felix Magath here for another five years," said Hoeness, adding that there had been no talk of removing the coach despite Bayern's worst start to a Bundesliga campaign in 32 years.

Haaha HAHa hah Ha h :cry:
:evil: I've run out of words.Any comments
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion