You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official generic player & staff discussion

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Official manager discussion thread

Postby dambun » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:29 pm

LvG has done a brilliant Job of finally making a team of us, and one, which is finally capable of competing at the highest level....
He also has helped developing some of our good youngsters into world's brightest upcoming stars....

Honestly, I can't imagine how could any Bayern fan not support him.....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby imicus » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:08 pm

How can someone compare FCB with Greece or Dortmund?, this is one of the best football clubs in the world for decades, anyway, everyone has his merits and setbacks, Van Gaal promoted to the first team in Barcelona Xavi and Puyol, yes, and he also signed up to seven dutch players in three years, somebody imagines this happening in Munich? Guardiola has advantages over other coaches as he has been part of the history at Barcelona, and he understands what people want to see on the grass, yes, but I will tell you some of his merits:

1. He takes the squad after a season in which Rijkaard ends 18 points down RMadrid, this is a fact, and in that squad there were Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Etoo, Ronaldinho, Deco, Messi and some more. He dismisses Ronaldinho and Deco and with little reinforcements (Alves mainly) he wins the six titles, something that had never done before, nor this year with Inter.

2. As far as it concerns to young players, in the spring of 2008, some months before he takes the lead at Barcelona, they had an agreement with Santander to transfer Garay (18 mill. euros), now at RMadrid, he rules out this operation and brings back Piqué from ManU for 5 mill. At the present day he is one of the best Cb in the world. Second, Sergio Busquets was playing in the THIRD DIVISION squad by may 2008, Guardiola puts him as an starter in the first match in september 2008, now one of the best young midfielders in the world.

Then, everyone has his merits and setbacks.
imicus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:57 pm

imicus wrote:How can someone compare FCB with Greece or Dortmund?

Agree, this is a huge exaggeration. Greece didn't have even one player in the MVB level, not even mention the quality of Robbery/Schweini and Lahm (BTW Greece actually won Euro, not just made it to the final). This is FCB squad we are talking about, not a B-class team. Even if we had (still have) many defensive problems, half of our squad is top class...

I also disagree about the Klinsmann year. With Rensing as main GK and without Robben we made a good run in CL but then met Barca, a team that crashed many others big teams in the last 2 years (RM, Arsenal etc.). BTW I still have a feeling that they still can easily crash us.

Anyway, I too believe that LVG is a very good coach but has many issues with stubbornness which led us in having one of the worst half seasons in BL this year.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Anyway, I too believe that LVG is a very good coach but has many issues with stubbornness which led us in having one of the worst half seasons in BL this year.

I am sure that he is doing that for a greater good of this club.

If he wasnt so stubborn last season we would not win anything. Sometimes you need to play hard to prove something. And in his case...I just think he is sticking to methods that worked for him during his long lasting and successfull career.

Why change something that always brought you success.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby shileno » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Thanks for the info imicus, I didn't remember/knew those things. Clearly Guardiola had much more impact with Barca than LVG with us, no question about it.

dambun wrote:Honestly, I can't imagine how could any Bayern fan not support him.....

It's not support, it's trust. I expect anything from him, if we don't get a CL spot, if Inter beat us 4-0, anything. I won't be surprised if something like that happens. Not only bad things of course, he knows to work with young players and knows how to make a team, that's something I like from him.

He let go Lucio and Ze (he could have done something to keep them), he wanted to use Ribery as CAM when he was in his best form, he wasted a world class CDM in the bench, he kept MVB as our captain, he wanted Breno and Kroos back, and more that I don't remember right now. His worse mistake might be to think that he can make any player world class and to do good in every position, that cost us points, hopefully he's waking up about this, and when he sees that our defense keeps getting thrashed, he'll realize.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby dambun » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:19 am

I agree with one thing: LvG has some serious stubbornness issues :lol: :lol: :lol:
But even his stubbornness is sometimes a positive factor --> It lead to a successful season last year...
And I believe his stubbornness in evolving the team to be able to play his own style of football finally made us a great team after many years....

And I don't believe our problems in the first half of the season has much to do with LvG...
We had an unbelievable injury ratio amongst our players that I've never heard of in the past... (+ WC problems) and all in all, we are still not in a bad situation.... It's actually Dortmund' fault that took extraordinary high points... :mrgreen:

And I believe when you look at a manager, you should look at the whole package... LvG is a very great coach... Stubornness, though, just comes with the package :mrgreen:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby The Spyware » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:27 am

@ Shileno
If LvG wasn't here then 100% this season you would have seen Schweini and Ribery at Real and may be Lahm at Barca and you would have seen Mueller and Batsuber in Hoffeneheim and you wouldn't have ssen Robben

without Louis you would have continued into that '' Failure Closed Circle '' which you are enclosed in for 9 years

Don't you read what Schweini or Lahm or Robben or Ribery says about him?
you Know the first thing Schweini and Lahm said after renewal was about LvG ,, they said they are seeing a great development and a great coach and that's a thing they didn't witness here in the past years

I am still optimistic and have great belief and trust in him and that he may well lead us to the absolute glory

LvG was the right medicine for Bayern and vice-versa that's it

----------

@ Avaterx .. about Klinsmann okay you are saying who was humilated in the Camp Nou and they trash anybody ,, what about the 5-1 against Wolfsburg, the 2-5 against Bremen ? the consecutive losses toward the end of the season ? the total loss of control on the team and the consecutive osses at the end of the season and he would have sent us out of the CL positions also ..
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby medjahedm » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:17 am

The Spyware wrote:you would have seen Mueller and Batsuber in Hoffeneheim

If I remember correctly, both were close to joining Basel until LvG made them part of his plans.
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aria » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:48 am

LVG has done a fantastic job with us , i agree that because of him now we have a bright future and managed to keep our best players but lets not forget that for the last decade we were much lower than MUFC, chelsea and 3 big italians in spending power but now are actaully richer-
LVG`s arrival here coincided with our financial emergence-
I mean that one factor of lahm,ribery,robben and bastian staying with us is that we can afford to pay them massive wages-
at this moment MUFC (because of massive debt) , chelsea (had to let ballack and carvalho go and you see it ruined them) and 3 big italians are incapable of doing so
Last edited by aria on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aria
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:26 pm

imicus wrote:somebody imagines this happening in Munich?

Yes, well, the management has to take part of the blame there. They should have put their foot down. Our board would never allow someone to bring so many players from the same country, unless they're Germans of course.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shileno » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:41 pm

The Spyware wrote:@ Shileno
If LvG wasn't here then 100% this season you would have seen Schweini and Ribery at Real and may be Lahm at Barca and you would have seen Mueller and Batsuber in Hoffeneheim and you wouldn't have ssen Robben

without Louis you would have continued into that '' Failure Closed Circle '' which you are enclosed in for 9 years

Don't you read what Schweini or Lahm or Robben or Ribery says about him?
you Know the first thing Schweini and Lahm said after renewal was about LvG ,, they said they are seeing a great development and a great coach and that's a thing they didn't witness here in the past years

I am still optimistic and have great belief and trust in him and that he may well lead us to the absolute glory

LvG was the right medicine for Bayern and vice-versa that's it

I believe Lahm extended before he arrived? Schweini wasn't a world class player 2 years ago, we got Robben because we took advantage of a great offer. Maybe Ribery was the only one that LVG wanted to keep. I don't see why everyone thinks that LVG control our transfers, he only wanted Braafheid and Pranjic, we kept Ribery thanks to him (bad move IMO) and we got Breno and Kroos back (bad move IMO). Our best transfers weren't his idea (Olic, Tymo, Robben). And yes, we started to use more our young players, that something I really like about him.

Another thing that I always heard is that "failure closed circle". I'm sorry to say it but, if it wasn't for Robben, we all would have been thinking the same, and maybe with LVG out. Let's not be hasty about this, we're not there yet, we need time and work. I'll judge LVG after he does his job, but judging for what I saw, I say nothing special. Many bad things could have been avoided.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:51 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
imicus wrote:somebody imagines this happening in Munich?

Yes, well, the management has to take part of the blame there. They should have put their foot down. Our board would never allow someone to bring so many players from the same country, unless they're Germans of course.

It was mostly because of Cruyff and not LVG that Barca had so many dutch players in their squad.

Cruyff introduced them with their style of play and he was the one who advised them to bring LVG and all those dutch players.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Stigger » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Apparently LvG wants to bring Klinsmann back as an assistant. Might be good since Klinsmann is a motivator and might balance the team out. Im for this AS LONG AS HE DOESN'T HANDLE THE TACTICS...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... bommel-to-
My Formation for this season
.....................Neuer
Lahm.....Dante.....Badstuber.....Alaba
..........Schweini......Martinez
Robben...........Kroos.............Ribery
...................Manzukic
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shileno » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:31 pm

I don't think Klinsmann would like to be here as assistant coach. He can be coach anywhere.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:36 pm

shileno wrote:I don't think Klinsmann would like to be here as assistant coach. He can be coach anywhere.

I don't know, if I was him I'd probably take this chance, assuming the board is ok with it.

Sure, he's going to be an assistant and not a head coach, but he's going to spend 1-2 years as the understudy of one of the most successful coaches. He can learn a lot, and who knows, he might even get another chance at Bayern, but that would depend on LVG suggesting him (like he did with Jonker). The board gives a lot of importance to LVG's opinion.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion