You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Franz Beckenbauer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Beckenbauer: I can’t see anyone stopping Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:22 pm

Raphael Sanzio wrote:We don't need another BL, we've got 20! WE NEED THE CL! Personally I don't mind seeing another team winning the BL as long as Bayern wins the CL! Whaddayathink?!

As long as Bayern qualify for next season's CL, I don't mind not winning the BL. It's actually probably better for the club that way, because if we don't win in Germany we'll improve the team. And of course, all the fans are dreaming about winning the CL, and we're certainly capable of doing so. I just hope Klinsmann's philosophy shows fruitition soon.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Beckenbauer: I can’t see anyone stopping Bayern Munich

Postby Tomas » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:53 pm

Raphael Sanzio wrote:We don't need another BL, we've got 20! WE NEED THE CL! Personally I don't mind seeing another team winning the BL as long as Bayern wins the CL! Whaddayathink?!

If it were a choice, I would rather see 5 stars above the crest. That said, I wouldnt mind a double and would even prefer a treble!
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Kaiser insists he will tell it like it is

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:23 pm

I prefer him say it to the players themselves (in private) :(
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Franz Beckenbauer

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:01 am

Happy 64th birthday! =D>
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Franz Beckenbauer

Postby ballackfcb » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:53 am

Many Happy Returns Mr Beckenbauer. =D> =D> =D>
In my opinion the best player of all time.
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby appudds » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:53 pm

MUTU wrote:Happy 64th birthday! =D>

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mr.Beckenbauer a.k.a The Kaiser!
You are according to me the best player ever to exist and will exist in this universe!
Heil dem Kaiser!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Beckenbauer in HSV (1980-1982)

Postby Carles_Barcelona » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:41 pm

How it was possible? Can you explain how it went? Wich were the Kaiser's reasons for going to HSV? How the Bayern Fans felt about that? Is all forgotten? Is not the rivalry between Bayern and HSV very strong (like Barça-Madrid, Inter-Milan), etc?

Thank you,

Carles
Premium Bavaricum
Carles_Barcelona
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Catalonia

Re: Beckenbauer in HSV (1980-1982)

Postby Element » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Because he left Bayern To go to the USA

but then went back to Germany , so he joined hamburg (he was around 36 )
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: Beckenbauer in HSV (1980-1982)

Postby nur4bayern » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:36 pm

Carles_Barcelona wrote:How it was possible? Can you explain how it went? Wich were the Kaiser's reasons for going to HSV? How the Bayern Fans felt about that? Is all forgotten? Is not the rivalry between Bayern and HSV very strong (like Barça-Madrid, Inter-Milan), etc?

Thank you,

Carles

Beckenbauer had been playing in the USA for the New York Cosmos just prior to his stint with HSV. Most, if not all Bayern fans, knew he was in the USA for the money and that he was way past his prime anyway so when he went to Hamburg I don't think anyone in Germany really cared. Obviously, Bayern was his club of choice since he came back to coach the senior squad before moving into other managerial positions for the club.

As for rivalries, there has always been rivalries between northern teams (Hamburg, Bremen) and southern teams but the biggest rivalry during his era was the local battle between Bayern and 1860. Certainly no love lost in those matches.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Re: Ex-Players & Managers

Postby slyk » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:14 pm

Franz Beckenbauer has been inducted into the pantheon of all-time greats at the 2010 Golden Foot awards.

Beckenbauer, alongside Hugo Sanchez and Carlos Dunga, will leave his footprints on the 'Champions Promenade' on the seafront of the Principality of Monaco. Previous legends on the 'Walk of Fame' include Diego Maradona, Michel Platini, Ronaldo, George Best and Roberto Baggio.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... al&cc=5901
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: The "Bayern Board and Coaching Staff" Thread

Postby Element » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Beckenbauer announced that he is gonig to retire from his position in the executive committee of the FIFA in 2011

he has also told Platini and Zwanziger about that

He wants to spend more time with his Family
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MunchenFC » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:52 pm

Happy 66th birthday Franz!
It seems we forgot his birthday this year.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby MunchenFC » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:51 am

ballackfcb wrote:Many Happy Returns Mr Beckenbauer. =D> =D> =D>
In my opinion the best player of all time.

Seriously, it's kind of sad that we don't acknowledge Der Kaiser's birthday, (I think maybe in political correctnes to the terrible events that occcured on this day in the US), but none the less a highlight-reel in our 3 time CL winner, WC winner as player and coach, and countless BL and German cups once president and really a huge chunk of the Bayern heart, Franz Beckenbauer.
=D> =D> =D>
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:56 am

Didn't know that 9/11 was his birthday. :?

Happy birthday! He is definitely one of the most (if not the most) successful figures in the history of football.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mazen96 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:59 am

Happy Belated Birthday Kaiser :D

A Living Legend =D> =D>
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion