You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Franz Beckenbauer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:49 pm

Poor cop...
Beckenbauer will give him a million dollars ...:P...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Beckenbauer told to back off by Bayen.

Postby Walls » Mon May 07, 2007 7:05 am

German football icon Franz Beckenbauer was told on Sunday to cease criticising the management of fallen German champions Bayern Munich by the club president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

Beckenbauer, a World Cup winner both as a player and a manager with the then West Germany, is president of the surveillance council for Bayern but has made some heavy hitting remarks aimed at Rummenigge and general manager Uli Hoeness of late as Bayern lost all hope of retaining the title.

However on Sunday Rummenigge hit back.

"His (Beckenbauer's) criticisms don't only irritate me but also the financial directors and administrators of the club," Rummenigge told Die Welt.

Beckenbauer, known as the 'Kaiser' and who was roundly applauded for his presidency of the World Cup organising committee last year, has attacked the manner in which the management team did not replace German captain Michael Ballack, who left on a free transfer for Chelsea last summer, or the dressing room rift with former coach Felix Magath, who was sacked in January.

Bayern are having their worst season for 10 years, with no trophies and struggling to even make the top three in the league which would see them miss out on a Champions League place.
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Beckenbauer: I can’t see anyone stopping Bayern Munich

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:21 pm

Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer has questioned whether anyone in the Bundesliga can stop the unbeaten run-away league leaders.

Beckenbauer, who won the World Cup as a player in 1974 and a coach in 1990, says he struggles to see any realistic title challengers from the league's 17 other teams with his side four points clear at the top of the table.

“For the moment, I can't see anyone in the Bundesliga stopping Bayern,” said Beckenbauer. “We can only look at ourselves and try to realise our full potential.”

Bayern's attack are in top form with striker's Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni sharing identical goal records: eight in the Bundesliga, two in the UEFA Cup and two in the German Cup.

Klose cost Bayern 12mil euros when he was signed from Werder Bremen in the summer, while Luca Toni switched from Fiorentina for 11mil, but both have proved to be worth every penny.

The Star Online
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Kaiser insists he will tell it like it is

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:09 pm

Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer says he will continue to criticise the club, if he sees fit, in his weekly column for German tabloid Bild, even when Juergen Klinsmann takes over as coach.

The German legend insists nothing will change when Klinsmann takes over in July, when current boss Ottmar Hitzfeld is set to take over the Swiss national team.

The Kaiser was responding to criticism from the club’s Germany defender Phillip Lahm, who claimed Beckenbauer was two-faced after criticising Lahm, midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger and striker Lukas Podolski in his column... The Star Online
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:49 pm

No one could ever dream of stopping Munich. THE BEST TEAM EVER!!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:11 pm

I fully agree with a limit on the number of foreign players, this is what is called "GERMAN Bundesliga", so everything is right about having at least 50% of German on the pitch. Those who believe this will result in diminishing quality are wrong: 20 years ago the number of foreigners in most leagues was limited and there was quality in all of them.

In the 80's and early 90's UEFA clubs had a limit of 5 foreign players and only 3 on the pitch at a time, the leagues had high attendance, were very competitive and leveled, a rule like this -if implemented simultaneously throughout Europe- will break the monopoly of rich teams over good foreign players, once they can not field them all these players will settle for a spot in any other team and we will see a better competition. Even better, once there is no room for so many Africans or South Americans in the Top Leagues they will start to go to the European smaller leagues making them more competitive and you will see clubs from those countries with a chance to win something.

Today, if the current system is not changed you will see more and more young European players dropping off the sport as they see a massive invasion of young talents bought oversees taking their places. Why are you going to work hard to progress if your future spot in a team is already occupied by somebody from oversees, in some cases only because of marketability, you are just "one more German among the thousands", but, oh, that Brazilian: He is unique, he is from Brazil.

Wenger is deadly wrong when he says the EPL can not put a limit on his team for foreign players: It is called The English Premier League, this is the same reason why the French Parliament can not have 200 British Legislators (it is called the French Parliament) same reason also why France should not have a British President, or Great Britain a French President.

I am not against foreign imports, globalization or free labor movement; but the National Leagues of each country have to maintain their identity and I do not see any other way than protecting the growth and participation of National Players
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:10 am

Beckenbauer Has Dig At Lahm And Schweinsteiger

Bayern president Franz Beckenbauer has taken it upon himself to voice his opinions once more with praise for Jürgen Klinsmann, but criticism for both Philipp Lahm and Bastian Schweinsteiger.

The club president has been greatly impressed with what he has seen of new trainer Jürgen Klinsmann and the changes he has implemented at the club since taking over from Ottmar Hitzfeld.

“I have full trust in him” Beckenbauer revealed in Welt Kompakt. “The way he has started with us, his concepts and ideas have greatly impressed the board. He has our 100% support.

“I just hope that the players follow his example and are able to support his new ideas” he added.

Despite his obvious admiration for Klinsmann, Beckenbauer couldn’t resist the chance to have a go at some of the so-called Bayern stars.

“Every single player has to strive to improve themselves individually. It cannot be for example that a Philipp Lahm or a Bastian Schweinsteiger- and I’m talking about two key players- can go five years and still not be able to cross a ball with their left foot.

“The team needs that. It also needs a decent goalkeeper” he added.

Those are words that will not exactly fill Oliver Kahn’s successor Michael Rensing with a huge amount of self-confidence.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kevh26 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:48 pm

i like Beckenbauer, but he needs to be careful in his criticism of people, especially the younger members of the first team, they need encouraging influences not a rant from the club chairman, and if he's ranting about the state of one footed players anyway, choose another froma different club and country, don't disrupt your own!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:34 pm

I really didn't like his last statement. :(
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Re: Beckenbauer: I can’t see anyone stopping Bayern Munich

Postby Jorge » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:38 pm

He was so right! Bremen actually did not stop us, they made us go backwards.

Just a little sarcasm, I hope we can go back on track and beat them 0:6 in our visit to Weserstadion
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:43 pm

We don't need another BL, we've got 20! WE NEED THE CL! Personally I don't mind seeing another team winning the BL as long as Bayern wins the CL! Whaddayathink?!
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:56 pm

Raphael Sanzio wrote:We don't need another BL, we've got 20! WE NEED THE CL! Personally I don't mind seeing another team winning the BL as long as Bayern wins the CL! Whaddayathink?!

I would rather Bayern wins the CL than wins the domestic double for 5 seasons in a row.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:56 pm

Raphael Sanzio wrote: Personally I don't mind seeing another team winning the BL as long as Bayern wins the CL! Whaddayathink?!

Deal ! [-o<
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:05 pm

Totally agree :!:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby BayernRtheBest » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:12 pm

i wish
BayernRtheBest

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion