You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Franz Beckenbauer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:23 pm

MUTU wrote:Mind you, I think basketball is more energy consuming though... it's always accelerate & decelerate (plus movements with the hands). In football you can run into open spaces, or slow down because the action is far from where you are.

Add Tennis and Badminton to the most energy sapping sports list. But I would put soccer at the top of this list.

They run like 15 miles a game(esp the wingers and full backs). They are fantastic....
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:27 pm

dracus wrote:Football is a very technical sport and there is infinite things to learn.Sadly there is no scope of it in USA.Until people familiarize themselves with this sport they dont like it,Few years back I appreciated cricket(you may not know about it,but it is hugely popular here) rather than football.

But when i played football and watched it on the tv i began to appreciate it.

US only plays the games others don't play.. I don't know..They have this COMPLEX kinda thing...
You know, what name they give to the team which wins Superbowl/MLB/NBA ?

WORLD CHAMPIONS....ROFL...

Coming to Soccer, they think it's a chick's/Kid's game. Soccer is the MOOSST popular game among the school kids here.
but when they start entering into High School/College, FOOTBALL comes into picture..;)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:35 pm

The different sections of people there play different sports.
A country which is mad after
1 Baseball
2 Basketball
3 Rugby
4 Ice-hockey(Still it's popular)
Where comes the soccer
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:20 pm

MUTU wrote:Mind you, I think basketball is more energy consuming though... it's always accelerate & decelerate (plus movements with the hands). In football you can run into open spaces, or slow down because the action is far from where you are.

I agree that basketball does consume a lot of energy but I wouldn't put it on the same level as soccer/football. The players don't have a big court to run back and forth on like they do in soccer/football. The soccer/football field is quite large when compare to a basketball court therefore the players have a lot more to cover.

In reality, all sports consume a lot of energy but I would rank soccer/football over the others because of the field, the amount of time they play, and the lack of timeouts.

We Americans tend to play sports that we think we can win at and that no one can beat us. This is why a lot of folks are surprised, shocked and upset about how the US basketball team is playing. They didn't win the gold medal at the Olympics and they can't even win the World Championship.

Note: I keep saying soccer/football because we call it soccer while the rest of the world calls is football.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:05 pm

Argh I get so worn out playing basketball so I haven't for a long time :P
American football is sort of like rugby, I suppose. Rugby is brutal. I consider a lot more brutal than A. Football. Does America have a rugby team?
Cricket is less popular, even in England it was losing major popularity until last year when the team managed to win something and everyone went cricketing-mad, because that is the way.

I'm not sure about England/Wales rivalry. There is usually always England/any-other-country-in-Britain rivalry so you're probably right! We "hate" Argentina as well as Germany too, but Beckham beat them with a penalty so its ok :P :P "no hands no hands"

I wish America was more interested in football, because it really is a fantastic sport. That's why I think if they get Klinsmann coaching them, it will generate a lot more interest and they might start winning stuff.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: Magath:We're happy with the squad we have

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:36 pm

supr4king wrote:
kevh26 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
kevh26 wrote:we need someone mid to late twenties witha lot more experience... Mutu for example
(not that we've ever been linked with him)

Actually we were, twice. The last time was this summer and the player said he wants to remain at Juventus.

I honest to god can't remember that... I thought most of the talk to come out of juve's relegation was of camorenasi (spelling??)

i remember Bayern wanted Mutu before he transfered to Chelsea, not this summer

This summer as well, trust me. At least the rumour existed, and then Mutu directly said that he does not wish to transfer to Bayern but instead wants to remain at Juve and help them get promoted back.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:14 pm

And he got transferred to Florentina...didn't he? ;)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:02 am

No, America doesn’t have a Rugby team. Do Rugby players have gear besides a helmet? If they don’t then they’re made of much tougher stuff than American football players. Our guys are decked out with shoulder pads. Basketball is very energy consuming, especially if you play small or power forward.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:38 am

podolski4life wrote:No, America doesn’t have a Rugby team. Do Rugby players have gear besides a helmet? If they don’t then they’re made of much tougher stuff than American football players. Our guys are decked out with shoulder pads. Basketball is very energy consuming, especially if you play small or power forward.

Rugby players don't wear much protection. They are lightning fast when compared to the american football players....
So, no comparision between the both...rugby wins hands down.
Last edited by fanOfBayern on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:37 am

fanOfBayern wrote:And he got transferred to Florentina...didn't he? ;)

Yes he did :?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:25 pm

MUTU wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:And he got transferred to Florentina...didn't he? ;)

Yes he did :?

And what was the reason? To help Florentina come back into Serie A instead of Juve...LOL? (I guess initially they were demoted too).
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby diegis » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:15 pm

dracus wrote:IF someone is searching the answer for the poor perfomance of bundesliga clubs then the answer is lack of investment

not really investment their problem is that they dont have any ambition, the players have big wages and they dont care about winning something big (cups,...) , look at last year UEFA Cup Rapid eliminated Hertha and Hamburg, and their budget is about 7mil euros.... (soon Romanian league will have more teams in European Competitons then Germany :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Mirage » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:16 pm

Yeah they don't wear anything 'cept knee pads and mouth guards... I don't watch much, but believe it or not it's a nicer sport than football. Fans nicer to each other lol. It's not as big as football and players don't get paid half as much but it's still a widely-followed sport. My local city Hull has a few good teams ^^
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Official gossip news thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:09 pm

BERLIN, March 29 (Reuters) - A German civil servant has lost his job after helping cover up a speeding violation by soccer great Franz Beckenbauer, authorities said on Thursday.

A court in Munich rejected an appeal by the man to be re-instated as a senior traffic inspector. He and two officials in the local traffic police hatched a plan to allow Beckenbauer to avoid a one-month driving ban for speeding.

When Bayern Munich club president Beckenbauer was filmed driving around 40 km/h (25 mph) over the limit in the Bavarian capital in 2005, the trio attempted to pass his car off as an unmarked vehicle being used by traffic police. A city official uncovered the ruse when she recognised the speeding "policeman" behind the wheel as Beckenbauer, who would have faced a one-month ban if convicted.

"They were trying to stop a case being brought against Beckenbauer," said a spokesman for the court.

The two traffic police were subsequently fired. The senior inspector said he had been misled by one of the other men, but the court rejected the appeal and said the man was not fit to continue his job.

A spokesman for Munich city authorities said Beckenbauer, a World Cup winner as a coach and a player, would not face prosecution for the speeding offence because the statute of limitations now covered the incident.
Last edited by MUTU on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Walls » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:59 pm

The judge must have been a Schalke fan =P
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion