You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Franz Beckenbauer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Franz Beckenbauer

Postby Valkress » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Beckenbauer is provisionally banned by Fifa from taking part in any football-related activity, at any level, for 90 days. The reason is that he refused to cooperate in a Ethics Comitee investigation. [source]
Valkress
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Belgium

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Meh bullshit.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Didn't he like only requested to be questioned in German? I'm not even sure he was obliged to testify...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:43 pm

Are there any details about why this happened? It looks vague to say the least.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:08 pm

I am somewhat a bit worried about this, could he end up implicated in some bribes ?
I hope that this was just about an issue with language pride and he has nothing to hide.
If he somewhat got involved in some bribe, firstly it will not do any good to Bayern especially after the Hoeness affair and the recent launching him as the Bayern ambassador, secondly the DFB will continue to burn bridges with FIFA and thirdly Blatter would have his scapegoat.

The media have reported that Beckenbauer repeatedly visited the emirate on the Persian Gulf before and after Qatar won the bid in 2010. In October 2009 Beckenbauer is said to have accepted an invitation by Bin Hammam upon a recommendation by his friend and adviser, the German sports functionary Fedor Radmann. Since Radmann was at the time lobbying on behalf of Australia’s bid for the World Cup, it had until now been assumed that Beckenbauer had voted for Australia, who had only managed to get a single vote.

In June 2011 Beckenbauer visited Qatar as part of a business delegation representing the Hamburg-based ship-owning company ER Capital Holding – a trip that German media say was also arranged by Bin Hammam. Beckenbauer’s involvement with the shipping company had previously not been widely known, but both the former player’s management and ER Capital Holding confirmed that he had worked as an “adviser and ambassador” for the company between April 2011 and March 2014.

Beckenbauer’s role as an ambassador for the Association of Russian Gas Producers (RGO), meanwhile, has been well-documented since 2012. Russia won its bid to host the 2018 World Cup in December 2010. In this instance, too, Beckenbauer has so far refused to declare which country he backed.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:38 pm

Nothing will come of this as the FIFA rules will be written as such that lavish gifts are allowed.

It will be embarrassing and awkward for them, especially the press they will receive from countries and industries where bribery is no longer tolerated. But, working within the rules of FIFA, No one individual will be held to account.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:27 pm

A 90-day provisional ban by FIFA on German World Cup-winning soccer player and coach Franz Beckenbauer has been lifted after only 15 days, his manager said.

Germany's Beckenbauer, one of the world's best known former players, had been banned on June 13 after refusing to cooperate with an investigation by world soccer's governing body into the award of the 2022 World Cup to Qatar.

The 68-year-old is a former member of the FIFA executive committee which controversially awarded the World Cup to Qatar in 2010, and had received "repeated requests" to provide information, FIFA had said in a statement at the time.

He has since made a complete U-turn and offered to provide responses to the questions which he had initially rejected because they were written in "legalese English."

"Today on June 27, Franz Beckenbauer was informed by FIFA that the provisional ban....was lifted with immediate effect," manager Markus Hoefl said in a statement.

He said Beckenbauer's management still considered the provisional ban as unjust but said under the circumstances it would have been better had he answered the questions posed to him by the commission earlier.

"I underestimated the situation mainly because such issues were usually dealt with by my management," Beckenbauer said in the same statement.

The ban issued at the start of the World Cup in Brazil meant he could not attend any games in an official capacity and the decision was a major embarrassment for the former player and FIFA official.

It also raised questions regarding his involvement in the vote to give the tournament to Qatar.

Beckenbauer will, however, not travel to Brazil despite the ban being lifted, he said. [source]
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:49 pm

I loved Der Kaiser as a player and as a coach, but I have to say WTF was he thinking to not be open and transparent about this investigation. Even if he had nothing to do with the implications of bribery, the perception is he knew something, yet chose not to say anything, which reflects poorly on him. I am glad he's not going to Brazil, as his presence would take away from the focus of Die Mannschaft.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ottackon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:31 pm

The kaiser on Ribery and Boateng losing it :

"Ribery is often dealt with pretty roughly. But that does not mean he can afford to lose his temper, even if he is often provoked. People know that he often reacts. It's the same thing with Boateng. One should talk to the players about this, because they are hurting the team."

On Pep :

"Guardiola does not need a contract. He is the type of coach who comes and goes whenever he wants. Bayern would like to hold on to him for the remainder of his life and I hope he will stay put for a long time. It is a perfect fit. It does not get any better than this. Guardiola has been a major hit. With all due respect to Jupp Heynckes, but Pep has brought a new philosophy to the club. He has found the perfect combination between Tiki-Taka and the traditional Bayern style."

On Bayern domestic dominance in the futur :

"Ribery, [Arjen] Robben and [Bastian] Schweinsteiger will not be around forever. Bayern will not win the Bundesliga title each season for the next 10 years. There will be some major changes at Bayern in two or three years' time and everything will change then."

https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/ribery ... --spt.html
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:45 pm

ottackon wrote:"Ribery is often dealt with pretty roughly. But that does not mean he can afford to lose his temper, even if he is often provoked. People know that he often reacts. It's the same thing with Boateng. One should talk to the players about this, because they are hurting the team."

Ditto, as I personally wrote before. But since Beckenbauer agrees I (we) must be wrong :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:56 pm

I fully agree with him. Boateng seems even worse beause he goes for hotspots that don't even concern him. Last Saturday he looked like a thug.

What's worse is that this attitude is sometimes being copied by the younger ones. I think it was in the home game against Shaktar when Alaba ran for a player who had just fouled Ribery.

I am afraid that this loss of temper maybe picked up by weaker rivals as another tool to counter Bayern's skills by trying to get a player or 2 sent off. In the Shaktar game there was a spell when it was clear that they were trying to provoke this, such as the hit on Ribery's back. The ball boys at Weserstadion were also playing a funny game, apart from the one when Boateng got involved, there was another one later on in the game far up into Werder's side when he threw the ball to turf and away from the player who went for the throw in and this time round it was picked by Alaba who just gestured something to the ball boy.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby prasun77 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:23 pm

Someone please tell me about the ball boy incident..looks like i missed it!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:44 pm

I agree that Ribsy and Boa need to control their feelings a little better. We don't want any Zidane headbutt incidents/heartbreaks. But stop being so negative, and look at the positive: even Beckenbauer (who used to be very negative) is supporting Pep now.
PunkCapitalist

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:37 pm

Can't anyone post anything in this forum anymore without it being interpreted as either pro pep or anti pep?
I don't think that by criticising the attitude of these 2 acting like that is being negative or has anything to do with Pep?
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:36 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:Can't anyone post anything in this forum anymore without it being interpreted as either pro pep or anti pep?
I don't think that by criticising the attitude of these 2 acting like that is being negative or has anything to do with Pep?

Chill. It was just an attempt at being lighthearted. I just found it interesting that Beckenbauer did a 90° turn on Pep... Not accusing you or anyone else of being anti-pep or anything.
PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion