You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Franck Ribéry

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Franck Ribéry

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:22 am

aterford wrote:
Paphlagonian wrote:What's wrong with using Ribery at the first half and Coman in the second one?

IMO, I would do the opposite.
For me, Coman has always played MUCH better as a starter than a sub, dunno what it is but whenever he's came on in sub appearances I've been pretty underwhelmed. But when he starts he is great. Plus, we all know Franck is slowing down, so IMO it makes more sense to let Coman tire out the defense and Ribery come out once they've lost their legs a bit

Not always, Coman was great as a sub at first (remember Juve?). But I agree
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paphlagonian » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 am

aterford wrote:
Paphlagonian wrote:What's wrong with using Ribery at the first half and Coman in the second one?

IMO, I would do the opposite.
For me, Coman has always played MUCH better as a starter than a sub, dunno what it is but whenever he's came on in sub appearances I've been pretty underwhelmed. But when he starts he is great. Plus, we all know Franck is slowing down, so IMO it makes more sense to let Coman tire out the defense and Ribery come out once they've lost their legs a bit

I think Coman's insane pace would make him even more nightmarish for the defenders in the second half where everybody starts to feel tired. But like you said it works for both ways. The point is we still need to use Franck because we have a number issue at the wings. Not to mention Coman still has stamina issues.
Paphlagonian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:39 pm

For me it's very simple ... if we really consider ourselves a BIG club, we should move on and sell a player who is 35 y.o and won't give much to the club. To keep a 35 year old, way past it, and big ego Ribery in the club for another year would be toxic. Robben on the other hand is a different case. He is still World class, and i think he still got something to offer. The spring should show if Its worth to extend with him.

I don't want to repeat myself over and over again, but Barca sold Deco, Ronaldinho & co. and then conquered the World, Real Madrid sold Raul & Casillas and won 2 consecutive CL's.

Time to move on ;you can't say that you are preparing for the future with Tolisso, Goretzka, Kimmich, Coman, Sule, Gnabry and we all know that we're going to get a new winger (probably under 24/25) and to extend a 35 year old player, who do not want to sit on the bench.

Time to move on. Really.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Mircea_1984 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:57 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:For me it's very simple ... if we really consider ourselves a BIG club, we should move on and sell a player who is 35 y.o and won't give much to the club. To keep a 35 year old, way past it, and big ego Ribery in the club for another year would be toxic. Robben on the other hand is a different case. He is still World class, and i think he still got something to offer. The spring should show if Its worth to extend with him.

I don't want to repeat myself over and over again, but Barca sold Deco, Ronaldinho & co. and then conquered the World, Real Madrid sold Raul & Casillas and won 2 consecutive CL's.

Time to move on ;you can't say that you are preparing for the future with Tolisso, Goretzka, Kimmich, Coman, Sule, Gnabry and we all know that we're going to get a new winger (probably under 24/25) and to extend a 35 year old player, who do not want to sit on the bench.

Time to move on. Really.

Send via carrier pigeon.

Yes!!!! This is my point too... but Uli won't do it :(
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mircea_1984 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:31 pm

According to kicker, again Ribery is the starter for the third game in a row. I really don't understant Jupp, what is doing this. This favoritism towards Ribery is getting me mad. Wht again, after 3 matches, Ribery as a starter. Why not Coman? That why we really get rid of Ribery.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Manchu » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:47 pm

Mircea_1984 wrote:According to kicker, again Ribery is the starter for the third game in a row. I really don't understant Jupp, what is doing this. This favoritism towards Ribery is getting me mad. Wht again, after 3 matches, Ribery as a starter. Why not Coman? That why we really get rid of Ribery.

Ribery always works very hard defensively, which is important for Jupp, and has actually been playing decently.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby America USA » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:21 pm

This is Ribery’s last season anyway. Bayern should not extend his contract unless he clearly agrees to a rotation role next season.
America USA
I post all the time

Postby prasun77 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:59 am

Let's cheer ribs to get 4 more so that he can get a well deserved place in the top 10!

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion