You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Franck Ribéry

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Franck Ribéry

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:39 pm

#12 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Karl-Heinz Rummenigge on whether Franck Ribéry will get a new contract: "To be honest, I cannot answer that today" [Sky]
KHR: "Ribéry has been amazing for us for 10 yrs, but we have to make a decision. Question is: Is Ribéry the future or do we need a new one"
KHR: "We will not decide that today in November. And besides, he is injured now so that wouldn't be - let's say - very human"

In other words,this is his last season in Bayern.

Where do you get that? The „human“ part could be interpreted the other way around...

The way I read those comments is as motivation for Ribery. He's basically telling him to go out there and do something unforgettable when he's back from injury, so he will show he's the future (Robben at Wembley kind of thing).
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:09 pm

#12 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Karl-Heinz Rummenigge on whether Franck Ribéry will get a new contract: "To be honest, I cannot answer that today" [Sky]
KHR: "Ribéry has been amazing for us for 10 yrs, but we have to make a decision. Question is: Is Ribéry the future or do we need a new one"
KHR: "We will not decide that today in November. And besides, he is injured now so that wouldn't be - let's say - very human"

In other words,this is his last season in Bayern.

Where do you get that? The „human“ part could be interpreted the other way around...

Rummenigge über die Zukunft von Franck Ribery [source]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:17 pm

Who thinks that #7 can emulate Ze Roberto and moves centrally ?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:47 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Who thinks that #7 can emulate Ze Roberto and moves centrally ?

I think it'd be a bit scary. He'd get into more tussles if he moves centrally, and I have doubts on how much he'd be able to control his temper.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Who thinks that #7 can emulate Ze Roberto and moves centrally ?

Pep tried it somehow and end it prematurely, being a central midfielder needs to control yourself the pure wingers like Ribery are run and gun guys, they receive the ball aaand... bye bye. Can't control themselves it's a completely different mentality, I don't say it's not possible but the majority of the wingers have different mindset which is hard to change at this age especially.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Hadn't he said he doesn't want to years ago? I know things have changed since but he is stubborn
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 pm

When we are going to close the case with him ?! I think we should thank him for all the years with us,but clearly he is not helping us on the pitch anymore.Trying the same thing over,over and over,everyone knows what he is going to do with the ball,(short pass to Alaba when he is looking at the ball,or passing back to the defence or when his head is up,he shows the ball to the defender and try to cut inside) and i'm sorry to say it,but it's like playing with 10 man (Hey,just like Alonso).And that's why i put so much respect on Lahm,he realised that he is not the player who has been in the past,and passed the torch to Kimmich.And now we all see how he is performing.

And given the fact that there is so much young and talanted players who can get the job done for Bayern for at least 7,8 years -
Malcom,Lemar,Martial,Pulisic,I.Williams,G.Martins..i dont know what the board is waiting for.

Really,it's starting to pissing me off.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:15 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:When we are going to close the case with him ?! I think we should thank him for all the years with us,but clearly he is not helping us on the pitch anymore.Trying the same thing over,over and over,everyone knows what he is going to do with the ball,(short pass to Alaba when he is looking at the ball,or passing back to the defence or when his head is up,he shows the ball to the defender and try to cut inside) and i'm sorry to say it,but it's like playing with 10 man (Hey,just like Alonso).And that's why i put so much respect on Lahm,he realised that he is not the player who has been in the past,and passed the torch to Kimmich.And now we all see how he is performing.

And given the fact that there is so much young and talanted players who can get the job done for Bayern for at least 7,8 years -
Malcom,Lemar,Martial,Pulisic,I.Williams,G.Martins..i dont know what the board is waiting for.

I'm not disagreeing, but let's not also forget the Ancelotti factor. Most (all?) players performed weaker under his tutelage. Factor in two other things: first, Ribery's age and secondly his tendency to start slow after an injury (i.e. the effect of good training on his body always needed its time to have effect). I'm not saying I'm hopeful Ribery will be back to his prime, but I hold out hope that if he stays fit for a while his performances could improve.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:51 pm

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:When we are going to close the case with him ?! I think we should thank him for all the years with us,but clearly he is not helping us on the pitch anymore.Trying the same thing over,over and over,everyone knows what he is going to do with the ball,(short pass to Alaba when he is looking at the ball,or passing back to the defence or when his head is up,he shows the ball to the defender and try to cut inside) and i'm sorry to say it,but it's like playing with 10 man (Hey,just like Alonso).And that's why i put so much respect on Lahm,he realised that he is not the player who has been in the past,and passed the torch to Kimmich.And now we all see how he is performing.

I'm not disagreeing, but let's not also forget the Ancelotti factor. Most (all?) players performed weaker under his tutelage. Factor in two other things: first, Ribery's age and secondly his tendency to start slow after an injury (i.e. the effect of good training on his body always needed its time to have effect). I'm not saying I'm hopeful Ribery will be back to his prime, but I hold out hope that if he stays fit for a while his performances could improve.

As you said,i also dont disagree with you,but let's not forget that we also won some games under Carlo,but he failed to do something even in the games which we played well.Per whoscored,his overall score for the season is 6.69,only behind Wriedt's 6.48.When you're playing almost 60 minutes per game in the Bundesliga and you cannot score,assist,create chances for your teammates,(he still defends well)-i think it's time to move on from Bayern.

Also,to be honest,i (i don't want to curse him,but) just cannot see him staying fit for more than 2-3 months..Look at his recent injury history,he is injured once per 55-70 days,even if he can get in some good form it will be for 4 or 5 games.

If he wants to play "on highest level",and to be a leader - he can can take an example from Lavezzi-with HB CFFC he has 20 goals and 19 assists in 27 games.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Mircea_1984 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:42 pm

If we extend his contract instead of send him to the Bayern museum, then we deserve all the worst.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby aterford » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:57 pm

I love Ribery, and of course will always look back fondly on his time with the team....But he is now running the risk of falling into the trap that so many footballers and sportsmen around the globe fall into: not being able to accept when it's time to hang the boots up.
Lahm is an example of someone doing it right. Alonso knew it was time. For Ribery, it should be time, too, but I'm not sure he's willing to accept that - and, sadly, I don't think the club is going to tell him it's time, either. And so as so many have done before - he now runs the risk of soiling his reputation, to a degree. Recency bias is real; so for many they will remember the old and slow Ribery hopelessly trying to sprint past defenders and being dispossessed time and time again, rather than the world-beater Ribery who not so long ago was able to leave any defender he faced in tatters.
It's sad, really, because I understand that 34 is a VERY young age to effectively move into retirement, but in the sporting world he's simply a grandpa out there. I mean no disrespect in saying this - but we all know that "age" is vastly accelerated when it comes to sports. By the time you've hit your mid-thirties, it's like somebody in the non-sporting world working into their seventies.
I know Franck will not totally destroy his reputation - he has done far too much in his career for a couple of bad seasons to erase that - but you always want to be able to end on a high note. It is better to walk away while you can, to be able to make the decision that it's time to pass the mantle to someone else - rather than be forced out, dragged off the pitch kicking and screaming, either unaware or willfully ignorant of what's going on around you. To quote The Dark Knight (I know it's kinda played out now, sorry hahaha), "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." I hope Ribery doesn't become the villain, but it's seeming like that's becoming the case.
I don't wish to see the guy forced out, but at the same time....I think at this point he's just hurting our team, both now and in the future - now, in that he's simply not nearly as good on the pitch anymore; and, in the future - in that keeping Ribery happy has prevented us from going after young wingers for the future (or, they don't want to come here so long as they know Ribery will be given preference).

So....I know it's getting a bit ramble-y here. In summary: as I said, I love Ribery, but he needs to make the mature choice and transition out of a playing role. I would love to see him join the coaching staff somehow, but I don't think he is first team quality anymore and it's inhibiting our ability to move forward now.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:02 pm

aterford wrote:I love Ribery, and of course will always look back fondly on his time with the team....But he is now running the risk of falling into the trap that so many footballers and sportsmen around the globe fall into: not being able to accept when it's time to hang the boots up.
Lahm is an example of someone doing it right. Alonso knew it was time. For Ribery, it should be time, too, but I'm not sure he's willing to accept that - and, sadly, I don't think the club is going to tell him it's time, either. And so as so many have done before - he now runs the risk of soiling his reputation, to a degree. Recency bias is real; so for many they will remember the old and slow Ribery hopelessly trying to sprint past defenders and being dispossessed time and time again, rather than the world-beater Ribery who not so long ago was able to leave any defender he faced in tatters.
It's sad, really, because I understand that 34 is a VERY young age to effectively move into retirement, but in the sporting world he's simply a grandpa out there. I mean no disrespect in saying this - but we all know that "age" is vastly accelerated when it comes to sports. By the time you've hit your mid-thirties, it's like somebody in the non-sporting world working into their seventies.
I know Franck will not totally destroy his reputation - he has done far too much in his career for a couple of bad seasons to erase that - but you always want to be able to end on a high note. It is better to walk away while you can, to be able to make the decision that it's time to pass the mantle to someone else - rather than be forced out, dragged off the pitch kicking and screaming, either unaware or willfully ignorant of what's going on around you. To quote The Dark Knight (I know it's kinda played out now, sorry hahaha), "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." I hope Ribery doesn't become the villain, but it's seeming like that's becoming the case.
I don't wish to see the guy forced out, but at the same time....I think at this point he's just hurting our team, both now and in the future - now, in that he's simply not nearly as good on the pitch anymore; and, in the future - in that keeping Ribery happy has prevented us from going after young wingers for the future (or, they don't want to come here so long as they know Ribery will be given preference).

So....I know it's getting a bit ramble-y here. In summary: as I said, I love Ribery, but he needs to make the mature choice and transition out of a playing role. I would love to see him join the coaching staff somehow, but I don't think he is first team quality anymore and it's inhibiting our ability to move forward now.

Well said, if he still wants to play he should seriously consider moving to the MLS or China. It's unfair asking a player to retire if he still wants to play, but if he moves to a different continent then nobody will bat an eyelid; everybody knows it's their swansong.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:27 am

Franck Ribéry: New contract? I just came back from injury in December and I'm in great shape again. For now I just want to play and then we will see.I will work so hard in 2018 and will give everything I have for this club and these fans. Arjen knows that he should not rush his comeback. The coach doesn't want any risks. Jupp does that very well, he knew how to divide my playing time so I could remain fit. Now, I can go full throttle in Doha. With the return of Jupp Heynckes, the feeling of trust returned. The mood is different. We play again like a team. We have a great team, top players. We work and win together. That's really nice.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:01 am

Retireeeeeeeeeee alreadyyyyy :@

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com