You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Felix Magath

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Felix Magath

Postby tracylynn » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:42 am

Magath relieved at Bayern exit
By Chris Ives - Created on 7 Feb 2007

Sacked Bayern Munich boss Felix Magath has revealed that he is relieved to have left the Bundesliga champions.

Magath won two straight domestic doubles in his two full seasons in charge of the Bavarian giants, but he now admits that his time at the Allianz Arena was far from trouble free.

“I knew that something was wrong as early as last spring,” Magath said in an interview with Stern.

“Back then we had all but won two titles, but the atmosphere was still bad.”

He continued by revealing that he wanted to leave Bayern in the summer, but was persuaded to stay by executive manager Uli Hoeness.

The fact that things did not improve this season finally led to his downfall.

“I know that situations arise when things no longer work between the coach and the team," he added.

“That was the case over the last week in Gladbach and Hamburg too.

“I understand that club officials have to think about the trainer’s future before they start tackling the whole squad.

“I’m thankful that Bayern acted quickly and so saved me from a longer period of suffering,” he continued.

Magath, who rejected the chance to join Hamburg last week, left his future options open, saying: “I’m not sure whether I really want to try a job abroad. I’m not even sure if I want to work again that quickly.”

Interesting to hear that there were problems long before this season.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:18 am

Weird how the media didn’t seem to detect this.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:24 am

Sounds like sour grapes to me.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:11 pm

If this is true, I find it to be really interesting. When Bayern came to New York this summer they did a signing at the adidas store, and I have to say that Magath looked out of place and overall not too happy. Maybe he was hungover or something (they all looked hungover playing the New York Red Bulls the next day!) but I couldn't help but notice then that Magath didn't look at all happy being there, as opposed to Roy, Scholl, Piza and Brazzo who were all joking around with eachother and whatnot. I even said thanks to Magath for the trophies (which they brought with them for display = AWESOME) and all he did was give me this blank stare. I guess this article shows the reason why.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Magath to coach Hertha Berlin

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:28 pm

Former Bayern Munich coach Felix Magath is set to take charge of Hertha Berlin at the close of the season, German television reported yesterday.

The ARD network said the two parties had an agreement in place although a deal had not yet been signed.

The 53-year-old Magath was sacked in February after leading Bayern to back-to-back Bundesliga and German Cup doubles.

Hertha dismissed Falko Goetz on April 10, putting reserve team coach Karsten Heine in command until the end of the season.

Source: Haaretz Daily News
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:01 pm

Former Bayern Munich coach Felix Magath has denied he will take charge of Hertha Berlin in the close season.

German public television network ARD reported on Tuesday that the two parties had an agreement in place although a deal had not yet been signed.

"I haven't had any contact with Hertha and I'm not interested," Magath later told the German news agency DPA.

The 53-year-old Magath was sacked in February after leading Bayern to back-to-back Bundesliga and German Cup doubles.

Hertha dismissed Falko Goetz on April 10, putting reserve team coach Karsten Heine in command until the end of the season.

Reuters - . - 18/04/2007
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:52 pm

Aha!! thanks for clearing things up :mrgreen:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: What our ex-players do now?

Postby Element » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:17 pm

Felix Magath ,our EX COACH

said in the last Interview wtih him

that Bayern Are unstoppable , and the old dominant Bayern are back
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby appudds » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Element wrote:Felix Magath ,our EX COACH

I guess he was the one who said that the Bayern dominance is now over!
Old man is crazy....Making contradicting speeches! :lol:
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby SilentStrike » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:54 pm

appudds wrote:
Element wrote:Felix Magath ,our EX COACH

I guess he was the one who said that the Bayern dominance is now over!

Yeah i remember that, haha
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby appudds » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:00 pm

SilentStrike wrote:Yeah i remember that, haha

He's gone nuts i think! :P
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Re: Ex-Players & Managers

Postby Element » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:58 pm

Magath's said " I earned far too low with Bayern , in fact I always earn far too low "
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: Ex-Players & Managers

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Element wrote:Magath's said " I earned far too low with Bayern , in fact I always earn far too low "

No one care what he did for Bayern anymore. :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Felix Magath

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Schalke 04's coach Felix Magath defended himself against criticism regarding his recent winter transfers, and said that he is the best person for the job :roll:

Source: http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/ ... ritik.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Felix Magath

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:22 am

Felix Magath is close to being fired at the end of the season, which may have implications on Neuer's transfer.

Please post anything related to Neuer's transfer in the Manuel Neuer thread and anything related to Magath's contract in this thread.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion