You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Erik ten Hag

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Erik ten Hag

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:19 pm

I realized we dont have a thread for this guy even though he has done amazing for the Bayern reserve team in just his first season, especially since he is using the new system. I could easily see him as a candidate for a future coaching position at Bayern if he keeps up his performances, cause i feel Pep will eventually move on to coach another team probably in the EPL....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Erik Ten Hag

Postby quaazi » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Let's not get carried away now, he's doing a superb job with the reserve team, but come on...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Bazi » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:05 pm

quaazi wrote:Let's not get carried away now, he's doing a superb job with the reserve team, but come on...

Well, he also lead a very young, newly assembled team (on a tight budget) into the first Dutch division after decades of absence. So it's not like he came out of nowhere.

He's certainly a coach with excellent qualities and it wouldn't surprise me to see inquiries about ten Hag from other clubs in the future.

Still, I agree that we've to wait and see how far he's going to make it. Only time will tell.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:09 pm

quaazi wrote:Let's not get carried away now, he's doing a superb job with the reserve team, but come on...

Thats why i mentioned "if keeps his performances up" :P

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AdepT » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:47 pm

I haven't seen any of the FCB II's matches but the results ten Hag is getting out of them is praiseworthy.
As for his future with first team, I'd say it's far-fetched at the moment. FCB II can't get out of 3. BuLi when they reach there and if he wins the 3. BuLi, I can see him leaving for a team in maybe 2nd BuLi.

Slightly off-topic :
If everything's right in the next three years(by right I mean may be 2 BuLis, 1 Pokal or 1 Buli, 1 Pokal and 1 CL), I can imagine Pep staying here for a long time. He's, you know, one of those guys to whom work environment matters most. Going back to Barca is certainly an option but chances of him staying here are more. Plus there's no club out there that can offer what Bayern offers. History, fans, family-feel, respect, talented first team, brilliant youth system, intelligent football loving board comprising of former players and let's also include the transfer kit just to exclude BVB.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Re: Erik ten Hag

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:04 pm

Does anyone know what type of style Ten Hag has, i know he is Dutch so the whole concept of "Total Football" is built in him but is he similar to Pep's tactics?

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Re: Erik ten Hag

Postby FCB general » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Does anyone know what type of style Ten Hag has, i know he is Dutch so the whole concept of "Total Football" is built in him but is he similar to Pep's tactics?

I hope he's not and that he's closer to pure Dutch school of football and not to Guardiola 'raping' ball with possession.

The guy is doing amazing job with our FCB II and I hope he'll win a promotion to 3. liga and stay with us at least 3-4 years.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion