You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Emre Can

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Emre Can

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:25 pm

I can't shake the feeling he's doing a Holtby. I hope he fairs better.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bazi » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:51 pm

Höjbjerg is the bigger talent and then there's also Gaudino, Can also doesn't exactly fit our current stile of play. I wish him well, but he made his choice and there's no reason for regret.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:15 pm

Argeta wrote:You guys want him back? Don't think he's anything special.. He'll only be a reserve at Bayern

If you take in consideration that Schweini was also nothing special(to some people), but initially named as a great German talent after Deisler some 12 years ago, I'd say Emre might be the same case. He's not playing at Liverpool that much to determine that he doesn't possess quality for big things. I would rather wait, as we waited with Schweini looooong 7 years till summer 2009.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Bazi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:28 pm

FCB general wrote:
Argeta wrote:You guys want him back? Don't think he's anything special.. He'll only be a reserve at Bayern

If you take in consideration that Schweini was also nothing special(to some people), but initially named as a great German talent after Deisler some 12 years ago, I'd say Emre might be the same case. He's not playing at Liverpool that much to determine that he doesn't possess quality for big things. I would rather wait, as we waited with Schweini looooong 7 years till summer 2009.

The crucial difference is that we can no longer afford to give a talent five to seven years worth of playing time until the player starts to perform. Bastian Schweinsteiger would not be the player he is today, without Bayern München's weak period between 2004 and 2009 where the club was insignificant on the big stage. Emre Can is a talented individual who could eventually turn out good, but unlike Höjbjerg or Gaudino he's not on the necessary talent level to make Bayern's first team within 2-3 seasons. Instead of binding resources to form a good talent into a good player over a long period of time, we have the luxury to focus on transforming exceptional talents into exceptional players in a reasonable amount of time.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Bazi wrote:The crucial difference is that we can no longer afford to give a talent five to seven years worth of playing time until the player starts to perform.

No, this is misunderstanding. I thought give Emre time [at Liverpool].

I still agree with this what you said - we can't wait since 2008 and we know that, though.

I reffered primarily on member's previous post where I concluded that Can can't do it in England, with which I disagree.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:56 pm

My opinion is still that this Liverpool trade was to early.. He should have waited atleast 1 or 2 more years with Leverkusen.
Ottomeister13

Postby kod2600 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:22 am

FCB general wrote:

You can't simply compare Emre's situation now to Bastian's till 2009. Bastian was clearly a great talent that grew insanely quick in that period despite Bayern's form prior to Van Gaal's arrival. The guy was starting every match for Germany NT and was talked about by most football fans. I doubt many people know who Emre Can is no disrespect. You just can't compare the 2 cases.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Emre Can on choosing Liverpool transfer over Bayern Munich: I have no regrets [source]

I have no regrets, I have no regrets, I have no regrets... Repeat it. :lol:
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:50 pm

Well.. nothing changed, he got more money for sitting on the bench again...
Ottomeister13

Postby JJJ » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Why are you mocking him? He has slowly started being in first XI's in a new team after his injury. Last games against Real 75 minutes and Chelsea 70.
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:14 pm

JJJ wrote:Why are you mocking him? He has slowly started being in first XI's in a new team after his injury. Last games against Real 75 minutes and Chelsea 70.

He doesn't warm Bayern's bench all the time or playing 4th German divison, I guess that's the problem. :? Who would that reject...
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:48 pm

His situation is a bit better but he rushed things. He might be playing a bit more but one cannot disregard the gap between Bayern and Liverpool.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:24 pm

He should have stayed for atleast another year in Leverkusen..
Ottomeister13

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:17 pm

He's playing RCB in a three man defense with Liverpool at this very moment :o

He's having a decent game. Not good, not bad.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby runaway » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:24 pm

:lol: Voldemort scored for his old team. Subtle.

Letting Agger go tops the list of their stupid decisions in 2014. #-o
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion